Formula Legacy Manager - 70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ligier is the only team which has offered a contract to Jacky Ickx (2 years)
Ligier signs J. Ickx for 2 years, 107$/race

McLaren is the only team which has offered a contract to Gilles Villeneuve (3 years)
McLaren signs G. Villeneuve for 3 years, 116$/race

March is the only team which has offered a contract to Emerson Fittipaldi (3 years)
March signs E. Fittipaldi for 3 years, 142$/race
How does this work? I offered three years to all and they were choices 4,3 and 2. And I got 5 instead.

How does this work? I offered three years to all and they were choices 4,3 and 2. And I got 5 instead.
It works like in Formula Manager, first the 1st picks are distributed. Then the second, third and so on. Didn't know this either, and got screwed by this as well, as I got none of my 5 picks. And I refuse to sign any of the remaining ones.

It works like in Formula Manager, first the 1st picks are distributed. Then the second, third and so on. Didn't know this either, and got screwed by this as well, as I got none of my 5 picks. And I refuse to sign any of the remaining ones.
Why do Contract length and Tier count then? Τhe thing that confuses me is the fact I gave Ickx 3 years and Ligier got him for 2.

I also had Lauda for 3 years but was 2nd on my list, so I wasn't part of the bidding that went on with those who listed him as 1st pick.

Ickx was my first choice. But I must say I prefer the system I used in Classic GP Manager where I took into account all offers regardless of their order. If a driver wanted to sign with a team but was for example 4th on their list, he would wait for the drivers ahead of him to sign first. If someone ahead of him signed, the driver would make a new decision (RNG).

By the way, @Meff28s I really like the way the driver bidding is working out. Your rules are very exact and easy to follow (except for @Manolis Sigoulakis but he's been cleared up.) There should be no reason for me to complain about losing Lauda because he was obviously taken in Round 1. Happy to have Emerson, though! Maybe he can teach my youngster a few tricks.

By the way, @Meff28s I really like the way the driver bidding is working out. Your rules are very exact and easy to follow (except for @Manolis Sigoulakis but he's been cleared up.) There should be no reason for me to complain about losing Lauda because he was obviously taken in Round 1. Happy to have Emerson, though! Maybe he can teach my youngster a few tricks.
Sure, if you know them that is. It's not mentioned in the op, nor the bidding post on the previous page that the order of the list matters.

My Driver wish list was as follows:
Emerson 3
Lauda 3
Villeneuve 3
Patrese 3
Ickx 1

My #1, 2, 3, and 5 picks were all taken in the first round. If I had lost Fittipaldi, would I have had to wait until Round 4 to have a chance at picking up Patrese? Or would you have bumped him up to Round 2? If Patrese were taken in Round 2 or 3, I would have been up a creek here.

well, I lost Lauda in 1
Fittipaldi in 2 was already gone in 1
Villeneuve in 3 also gone in 1
Laffite in 4 gone in 2 (I think)
Ickx in 5 gone in 1

Not interested in the remaining unsigned drivers.

I have no problem with the system. It was clear to me and therefore i tried to bid my favourite driver. Cevert was really expensive because of that.

I think that's something that makes it interesting. You have to be careful who you choose and how much you want to bid. Really careful.

well, I lost Lauda in 1
Fittipaldi in 2 was already gone in 1
Villeneuve in 3 also gone in 1
Laffite in 4 gone in 2 (I think)
Ickx in 5 gone in 1

This happened to me exactly two seasons ago when I had to resort to Depailler as all the drivers I wanted were gone in Rd 1

There were 9 seats to fill.
Ickx Lauda Fittipaldi Laffite Villeneuve have been chosen by quite everyone.
As you can see 4 seats were still available without those drivers.

You choose your 1st Picks. Every driver chosen will be signed as he was a Top priority for someone. At the end of the first round, only Laffite was left.

Then you were three to sign Laffite, only Lotus proposed him 3 years in his wishlist.

It seems unfair because of the wishlist but it would have worked exactly the same way if I just asked you to give me your 1st Pick.

The signing will be over when Kedy89 would accept to pick someone, he's the only one left.

I wouldn't either, there is quite a lack of top-drivers, I struggled to find one and eventually decided I've had enough of waiting for a deal where I'd be the only one and put all my cash on Hunt for 3 years to not have to think about drivers again until Arrows comes in.

On the other hand, I do like this system. Makes it fairer than what Tapio mentioned because managers have to be careful with who they choose as first pick, not just throw offers at every driver. A bit frustrating at times, but effective.

So you're fielding only one car this season? Just pick someone cheap and save your money. Build your car. There will be more drivers coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back