AMS2 Fake 24 Hours of Spa - Friday May 13, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Spa GT1.jpeg

After a few weeks of fun with the lighter protype we are moving on to the P2 class and race the MetalMoro MRX Duratec P2 but this time in a mixed field with a non-rookie car the GT1. Today we are going to race for a full hour, make a pitstop and experience a full day night cycle on the legendary Spa track in a multiclass race. Lots to learn and enjoy during this rookie friendly event.

Are you new to simracing, aka a rookie, and want to race with more experienced simracers who will show you the ropes and help you as much as they can during a casual fun online event, don't miss out and sign up today! (experienced drivers are of course very much welcome as always!)

You will not get any faster or skilled by not racing online, you will only get faster with online practice and resistance with other real drivers surrounding you. Especially when these drivers are your friendly fellow community members who are happy to assist you with driving tips, techniques or even setups. Simply join us on Discord during the event and chat away. We don't bite, I promise :)

Do you want to become a better pilot, take your chance now and start your online sim racing career here on RD and sign up in the comments below. :)

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Server Password: brit
Server Settings: open setups, factory settings
Track: Spa-Francorchamps
Cars: GT1 & MetalMoro MRX Duratec P2
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Time Table

Practice: 18:30 UTC / 19:30 BST / 20:30 CEST (60 minutes) Join whenever you want during practice
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC / 20:30 BST / 21:30 CEST (10 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC / 20:40 BST / 21:40 CEST (60 minutes + mandatory pitstop)

Entry List

GT1

1. Steve Worrell
  2. Ramon van Rijn
  3. Redvaliant
  4. Casper de Wit
  5. Paul Glover
  6. Bhutch88
  7. Noahbet
  8. Kryztov
  9. Kek700
  10. Enzo Fazzi
  11. Kees Veenstra
  12. Piotrek Blaszczak
  13. Magnus Dahlgren
  14. Free slot
P2
  1. dannyhughan
  2. mktjf
  3. Ingemar Petersson
  4. nepal roade
  5. GeekyDeaks
  6. Smidgey
  7. Bram Hengeveld
  8. Bandana
  9. Fiberoptix
  10. Reiche
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot

Last edited:
That's not how it works, if everybody reasons that way grids will never fill up.

In addition, we had 9 cars in each class (2 classes) last Friday in the rF2 club, when we were doing our "S397 Endurance" at Spa. Granted our race was an easy, simple 50 min race (not 60 minutes). However it was great racing throughout the field.
Now, I don't know how AMS2 works in longer races like this, but we had fluctuating pace all through the race. Some of us were faster (relatively speaking) with high fuel load, others had their strength with low fuel. In the prototypes, which are the only class who needs to do a pitstop in our races, some changed tyres, some did not, making the last post pit-stop quite different from the pre pit-stop.

Rambling on, my point being. You only need 2 cars to have a race. There's at least 7 in the P2 class here, and looking at the evolution of the thread, it's 8 now, possibly 10 if the GT1 reserves jumps to P2.

That's Covid-numbers! Really good.

I tried to save it but no such luck. Such a great race, p4-p8 neck and neck into the last lap.
A had a lot of spins but the pace was there. Looking forward to the next!

Anyone have the full race replay to share ?
Buggy game didn't save mine despite pressing save...
I've got my PoV but no replay. Didn't have time to save it before the game kicked me back to menu

Cheers for the race all, nice to christen the new rig seat with a win in its first race :D Shame on the pitstop stuff Bram, I just couldn't keep close enough in S2 to let my top speed advantage show so you'd have easily had me without that.

My race PoV is uploading now, I've got it unlisted as it includes comms and I'm not sure if anyone would oppose to them being made public. Will post the link in here when its done unless someone objects.

Last edited:
Hey @Casper de Wit was it you I took out at the top of raidillon? So sorry, I was just a little too focused at that bit of the track and didn't realise you had closed in so quickly.

Otherwise, bloody brilliant race! The mist in the morning was amazing. I stuffed up my pits and had to stop twice, but had some great battles earlier in the race.

I would definitely approve of more GT1 exclusive 1 hour races as whilst the P2 is pretty fun, it just doesn't sound anywhere near as good :D

Thanks guys. That was a lot of fun.

I couldn't really get used to the P2 and didn't get time to experiment much with it and setup in practice. I've never raced a day/night stint before so I really enjoyed the experience even though it was a bit lonely racing wise.

This is by far the best looking sim in VR, it blows me away every time.

Congratulations Enzo and Richard. Thanks Bram for organising.

I have no idea :D
If someone can point me to the file, I can upload it to some server or so and share the link with you.

(After my well deserved pizza and beer)

Edit: Uploading now, link will be added later on

Last edited:
I have no idea :D
If someone can point me to the file, I can upload it to some server or so and share the link with you.

(After my well deserved pizza and beer)

Edit: Uploading now, link will be added later on
File location:
C:\Users\-your username-\Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\107303661\automobilista 2\media

Then it's a .med file. Which one, probably the one with the most recent date since they all have strange names...

EDIT: Saw your edit now! Thank you very much for uploading and sharing! :thumbsup:
Enjoy your pizza and beer man!

Last edited:

Latest News

Back