AMS2 Fake 24 Hours of Spa - Friday May 13, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Spa GT1.jpeg

After a few weeks of fun with the lighter protype we are moving on to the P2 class and race the MetalMoro MRX Duratec P2 but this time in a mixed field with a non-rookie car the GT1. Today we are going to race for a full hour, make a pitstop and experience a full day night cycle on the legendary Spa track in a multiclass race. Lots to learn and enjoy during this rookie friendly event.

Are you new to simracing, aka a rookie, and want to race with more experienced simracers who will show you the ropes and help you as much as they can during a casual fun online event, don't miss out and sign up today! (experienced drivers are of course very much welcome as always!)

You will not get any faster or skilled by not racing online, you will only get faster with online practice and resistance with other real drivers surrounding you. Especially when these drivers are your friendly fellow community members who are happy to assist you with driving tips, techniques or even setups. Simply join us on Discord during the event and chat away. We don't bite, I promise :)

Do you want to become a better pilot, take your chance now and start your online sim racing career here on RD and sign up in the comments below. :)

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Server Password: brit
Server Settings: open setups, factory settings
Track: Spa-Francorchamps
Cars: GT1 & MetalMoro MRX Duratec P2
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Time Table

Practice: 18:30 UTC / 19:30 BST / 20:30 CEST (60 minutes) Join whenever you want during practice
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC / 20:30 BST / 21:30 CEST (10 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC / 20:40 BST / 21:40 CEST (60 minutes + mandatory pitstop)

Entry List

GT1

1. Steve Worrell
  2. Ramon van Rijn
  3. Redvaliant
  4. Casper de Wit
  5. Paul Glover
  6. Bhutch88
  7. Noahbet
  8. Kryztov
  9. Kek700
  10. Enzo Fazzi
  11. Kees Veenstra
  12. Piotrek Blaszczak
  13. Magnus Dahlgren
  14. Free slot
P2
  1. dannyhughan
  2. mktjf
  3. Ingemar Petersson
  4. nepal roade
  5. GeekyDeaks
  6. Smidgey
  7. Bram Hengeveld
  8. Bandana
  9. Fiberoptix
  10. Reiche
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot

Last edited:
Crossed my mind as well. 2 people said they had a freeze just as I left my pitbox after my stop.

Personally I didn't have any freezes at all.
I watched back some of my recording and Paul mentions getting a few stutters as a group of us were pitting. I was getting some odd juddering whilst in my pitbox as well.

I think it was - we went around nose to tail for a fair few laps before a couple of unrelated incidents split us all up as night fell. It was a shame because we were having a magnificent fight!

Shortly afterwards, I ended up in the pitlane twice in 2 laps after completely missing my pit box on the first attempt, so my focus turned to battling Tim and Stefan at the back. If I remember correctly, I managed to get past Tim when his tail got a bit loose coming out of the bus stop, and Stefan and I somehow fought all the way through Pouhon at full tilt. Just some incredible racing throughout.
Yes, I had a couple of poor laps and you were suddenly right behind me.
Need to learn to drive my own race rather than worry about the car behind, just creates mistakes.
Then had a bunch GT1 cars behind and lost loads of time so no chance of getting back at you. Hope it's closer next time...

I watched back some of my recording and Paul mentions getting a few stutters as a group of us were pitting. I was getting some odd juddering whilst in my pitbox as well.
I had glitches in the pit too and was overtaken by GT1 as I left the pit lane which was about 3 feet above track !
Still a few glitches for Reiza to fix I think.

- Link to my race PoV. Might want to give it a bit before watching so YouTube can do its thing with the video quality.

If people don't have any issues with it going forward I'm more than happy to stream the races going forward.
Love the footage but please don't upload Discord conversations without asking for consent first before the racing sessions starts. You never know what people might share in voice chat isn't meant for others :)

From our club rules:
  • It's strictly forbidden to record and broadcast the real names of our members and/or Discord voice-chat via YouTube, Twitch and/or other media unless you have permission from all the drivers in the session to stream or record it.
Is it possible to cut out the audio?

This time my PC worked without those annoying disconnects. Could not find any real pace so decided I'd just run my own race at the back and not be concerned about the finish. But only managed 2 or 3 laps before another P2 decided to try to force a pass through Au Rouge. So this forced me to either take a hit or go off track which I did and then got a cut penalty for my troubles.

Sounds like you're talking about me, mate. Sorry mate.
I had a good run at you out of La Source and was more than half a car ahead of you going into Eau Rouge, judging from the replay. When I saw you taking avoiding action, I slowed down on Kemmel straight, because I wasn't 100 percent sure if the move was okay and I didn't want to take an advantage from that. I was a bit disappointed to see you quitting the race though :( And man, again, sorry for what looks like ruining your race, there were no bad intentions :(

Love the footage but please don't upload Discord conversations without asking for consent first before the racing sessions starts. You never know what people might share in voice chat isn't meant for others :)

From our club rules:
  • It's strictly forbidden to record and broadcast the real names of our members and/or Discord voice-chat via YouTube, Twitch and/or other media unless you have permission from all the drivers in the session to stream or record it.
Is it possible to cut out the audio?
Yeah I can probably sort that out before next time. Will take the video down for now (it’s unlisted so can only be found from this link.)

Not needed mate, unlisted is fine, it's only us who see it :) Really enjoyed rewatching it again.

Is it friday already?
You sure? I was fully aware of the rules hence the unlisted nature of the video :) I’ll do some testing in the week and see if I can’t do something so that discord doesn’t end up on the recording. I know it can be done I just need to do some research into how

You sure? I was fully aware of the rules hence the unlisted nature of the video :) I’ll do some testing in the week and see if I can’t do something so that discord doesn’t end up on the recording. I know it can be done I just need to do some research into how
You need something like virtual cables and voicemeeter, you select one of the cables and send tha5 to voicemeeter and the output to your headphones. Also make sure you’re recording is not capturing desktop audio.

There are handy YouTube videos on how to achieve it. But in essence you are separating the audio to avoid it being captured.

You need something like virtual cables and voicemeeter, you select one of the cables and send tha5 to voicemeeter and the output to your headphones. Also make sure you’re recording is not capturing desktop audio.

There are handy YouTube videos on how to achieve it. But in essence you are separating the audio to avoid it being captured.
Yeah I used to do something similar streaming years ago and remember it being a complete faff. Might just not bother going forward

OBS + Voicemeeter is an incredible combination for recording and broadcasting multiple audio/video strands, and as Casper says OBS is immensely powerful in its own right. Depending on your hardware, Voicemeeter can sometimes introduce a little bit of unwanted latency, which can become noticeable/irritating in a sim race, so trying different drivers and tweaking the sample buffer is always worth a go.

For audio nerds like myself, OBS also has full VST plugin support. Even though I don't record/stream content these days, I still use OBS as a vocal chain for my mic for this reason. And for anyone like me who loves a bit of over-engineering, Voicemeeter can be set up to map MIDI inputs to control pretty much everything. There's even a StreamDeck plugin - ideal for on-the-fly adjustments.

Latest News

Back