AMS2 Fake 24 Hours of Hockenheim - Friday May 20, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
ams-2-footer-jpg.431996

After the huge success of the Fake 24 Hours of Spa last week we are continueing this week with the Fake 24 Hours of Hockenheim. A one hour race with GT1 cars with time acceleration of 25x simulates more or less a 24 Hours race with changeable conditions, great sceneries and great camaradery with the other drivers on Discord.

Wether you are new to simracing or a seasoned veteran, this is a race open to all skill levels and we want to race you, so join us by signing yourself up in the comments below.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Server Password: brit
Server Settings: open setups, factory settings
Track: Hockenheimring 2001
Cars: Mercedes, Porsche and McLaren GT1
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Time Table

Practice: 18:30 UTC / 19:30 BST / 20:30 CEST (60 minutes) Join whenever you want during practice
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC / 20:30 BST / 21:30 CEST (10 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC / 20:40 BST / 21:40 CEST (60 minutes + mandatory pitstop)

Entry List
  1. Bram Hengeveld
  2. dannyhughan
  3. Noahbet
  4. mktjf
  5. jimortality
  6. Bhutch88
  7. Smidgey
  8. Piotrek Blaszczak
  9. Enzo Fazzi
  10. nepal roade
  11. Kees Veenstra
  12. Kryztov
  13. Ramon van Rijn
  14. Casper de Wit
  15. Kek700
  16. H_Belane
  17. TobiasR
  18. Bandana
  19. MarkModdy
  20. Andrew Leach
  21. Magnus Dahlgren
  22. Oliver Bunz
  23. wayphaxx
  24. Steve Le Gallez
  25. PurgerUK
  26. Daniel Monteiro
  27. Phil Rose
  28. Free slot
  29. Free slot
  30. Free slot

Last edited:
I'm definitely in, I just need to figure out which GT1 car I can keep facing the right way :roflmao: Anyone got a recommendation for us rookies?

EDIT: 1 Porsche please!
Several Mercs and McLarens were harmed in this decision-making process

Last edited:
Sign me up please Bram.
Jim/Danny, I have done a few laps in each of GT1 cars and my view is The Porsche is the easiest to drive but feels slow compared to the other 2 and it also sounds terribble, the Merc and the MC feel very similar handling wise, very similar power too.
Jim, If you haven't done a pit stop race there is a link in the last race thread on how to setup your pit stop stratgey. I need to adjust mine as I ened up with a nearly full tank at the end of the last race :)

I've just done a few laps in the MC and the Porsche and wow these are flippin awesome SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!! going to try the Merc now for a few laps. The Porsche makes funny noises at me :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

@Bram Hengeveld Please can we have a practice server with the actual conditions If that is possible, I'm going to be on this everyday this week!! Great track with long straights to let the field pass me without any issues! Can't wait!

Sign me up please Bram.
Jim/Danny, I have done a few laps in each of GT1 cars and my view is The Porsche is the easiest to drive but feels slow compared to the other 2 and it also sounds terribble, the Merc and the MC feel very similar handling wise, very similar power too.
Jim, If you haven't done a pit stop race there is a link in the last race thread on how to setup your pit stop stratgey. I need to adjust mine as I ened up with a nearly full tank at the end of the last race :)
I think you have to create a stop strategy so you crew know you're coming in, I'kk make sure I'm all sorted thanks. These are fantastic cars, can't believe I haven't driven them yet in AMS2

I've just done a few laps in the MC and the Porsche and wow these are flippin awesome SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!! going to try the Merc now for a few laps. The Porsche makes funny noises at me :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

@Bram Hengeveld Please can we have a practice server with the actual conditions If that is possible, I'm going to be on this everyday this week!! Great track with long straights to let the field pass me
I think you have to create a stop strategy so you crew know you're coming in, I'kk make sure I'm all sorted thanks. These are fantastic cars, can't believe I haven't driven them yet in AMS2
I don't think I can put with the weazing Porsche for an hour :roflmao:

You're right about the Porsche Tim, it sounds like a spaceship! In limited testing I've found it to be by far the most agreeable through the corners on the default setup, but I suppose we've got all week to play with each of the three. Pace-wise I'm not too concerned about differences - I won't be battling at the front so comfort is king, any marginal gains I may find in a tougher car would be wiped out several times over if I repeatedly bin it into some gravel :roflmao:

You're right about the Porsche Tim, it sounds like a spaceship! In limited testing I've found it to be by far the most agreeable through the corners on the default setup, but I suppose we've got all week to play with each of the three. Pace-wise I'm not too concerned about differences - I won't be battling at the front so comfort is king, any marginal gains I may find in a tougher car would be wiped out several times over if I repeatedly bin it into some gravel :roflmao:
Yes, I'll try and get some laps in before I decide. I find the time trial mode with a faster ghost car quite good for a guide on how far behind the pace I am.

Latest News

Back