Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

I have no problems with you cup guys racing with us but around Hungary is a no for me tbh It's just going to cause unnecessary issues. With other tracks there is more then 1 line to lap someone around a corner with Hungary it's just follow the leader essentially and just going to end up with someone crashing into the back of a cup guy because they brake for a corner we wouldn't.

This is just racing surely.. you have all sorts of things to deal with at any race and lapping cars is one of them.

Providing drivers are careful I don't see whay there would be an issue... the Cup guys who want to 'help' fill the Champ grid are well aware not to cause issues and I am sure would get out of the way as soon as a blue flag came up... and providing the lapping driver is equally careful incidents should be avoided. You deal with whoever is on the the track at any given time and everyone has the same issues to deal with so it should even itself out.

Alternatively you could just drive the race with 5 or 6 on the grid and be done with it :whistling:

6ibcKVr.png

The Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya was built in 1991 and began hosting the Spanish Grand Prix that same year. Construction also coincided with the Olympic Games scheduled to take place in Barcelona the next year, where the circuit acted as the start and finish line for the road team time trial cycling event.

The circuit itself is 4.655 km (2.892 mi) long and features 16 corners. When first used, overtaking was frequent as cars could follow closely through the last two corners and slipstream down the long straight. As aerodynamic balance became more critical, this overtaking method drastically decreased as the cars were unable to follow each other through the fast final corner due to turbulence created by the leading car. The 2007 season saw the first of the two final sweepers replaced with a slow chicane in an effort to improve overtaking. However, the redesign has not yet shown any effect. Because so much testing is done at this circuit, Formula One drivers and mechanics are extremely familiar with it. This has led to criticism that drivers and mechanics are too familiar with Catalunya, reducing the amount of on-track action.

Lap Record: 1:21.670 (Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 2008)

#KeepFightingMichael

Some questions for YOU!
Pole Sitter:
Race Winner:
Who will score the surprise result:

Who do you think will be on the podium?
Barcelona, Valencia Street Circuit or Jerez (or another Spanish track)?
What is your target for the race?
What are your thoughts on leaving the Tilke circuits and returning to Europe?
Will Lynchy rage quit the race again this week?
Ask Frederik and Mattias a question.

Pole Sitter: Frede
Race Winner: Me
Who will score the surprise result: Ash

Who do you think will be on the podium?: Myself, Mikey and Alistair
Barcelona, Valencia Street Circuit or Jerez (or another Spanish track)?: Barcelona
What is your target for the race?: To win.
What are your thoughts on leaving the Tilke circuits and returning to Europe?: This is generally when I start to pick up my form as we arrive at my best circuits so I'm glad I've got some podiums under my belt now to push on and challenge for some wins in Europe.
Will Lynchy rage quit the race again this week?: No
Ask Frederik and Mattias a question.

Frede: What are your views on the battle between Mercedes and Ferrari so far?

Mattias: Your team-mate seems to have generally had the upper hand apart from in Malaysia, do you think you will be able to challenge him for the title this season?

Drivers: Mattias Johansen and Josh Johnson
Lap 1
Info: Josh braked too late and forced me wide at the start as you can see on this video.
(the start)

Drivers: Mattias Johansen and Saif Mehmood
Lap 11
Info: Saif overtook me going into turn 11, I left him alot of space but he forced me off track. It's an illegal overtake and he didn't give the place back.
(starts at 5.20)

Drivers: Mattias Johansen and Mikey Woolford
Lap 12
Info: Mikey just crashed straight into the rear of my car. He braked way too late and should recieve a penalty for it. The video evidence is the same as the video above, and the incident starts at 5.30.

Drivers: Mattias Johansen and Saif Mehmood
Lap 11
Info: Saif overtook me going into turn 11, I left him alot of space but he forced me off track. It's an illegal overtake and he didn't give the place back.
(starts at 5.20)

Illegal overtake? I took the inside line, took the place and closed you off as is my right to, no one forced you to stay around the outside, if I was you I would of braked earlier and cut back, we had a similar situation couple years back when Dan reported me at Austin and I made the same case, no action was taken because I had made the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back