Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Qualifying: 7th

Was 3 tenths slower than my personal best, car just didn't have the grip. Looks like I wasnt the only one not to hit their pbs

Race: 6th

Got abit unlucky with my positioning in the first lap and fell down to last with everyone dragging me out wide with them but I just settled down and tried to settle into a rhythm. Lap 2 I had some contact with Shoaib, I thought I broke early enough with it being 150m but apparently that wasn't enough and the contact sent him into Martijn. I got a penalty and waited for both men to return to the track. From then on I was just trying to keep things clean and pick up a few spots. I had jumped shoaib in the pits and Falcon spun, had a pretty nice dice with Martijn and then passed lynchy, who then quit later on in the lap due to embarrassment apparently... Second round of stops came and I had to sit behind my pit crew as my teammate pitted at the same time and I didn't realise. This handed my position to Martijn and Falcon. I soldiered on since finishing there still would have given me 2 points, then Sam disconnected, Falcon spun and then Martijn had a half spin, putting me right back on him again, at which point he drove into a bollard and his car was destroyed lol and I brought the car home in 6th.

Vast improvement over last season, I had 3 points at this point last season, I now have 18. It also shows the advantages of not quitting, something else I don't do this season lol. Hopefully I can continue this form as we get rid of the tilke tracks for a while. Also, all my points finishes this season have been an 8th, 7th and now 6th, so my next points finish SHOULD be 5th lol *crosses fingers*

This is just to discuss incidents though - the stewards don't have to read it. It's just hear because people like to offer their opinions. It's not like it matters if a steward's opinion is swayed though - we're not out to get anyone, so if anything I think their opinions will be swayed in a constructive rather than destructive manner.

I see your point but it's just the principle of the thing. You're also right that stewards don't have to read this thread so I will take that into account as well.

Qually 8th.
Had pace to fight for 3rd on options, but I saw in the practice sessions with Jamie Saif Mike, Josh and Lynchy that I had somr very good pace on prime, so I went for primes. Just a tenth faster would have gotten me 6th on the grid, but made a little mistake.

Race.
Had a decent start, following Frede. Had a gap of like 4 seconds to the cars behind but than waa taken out in the first turn on lap 2, by Shaoib I think. Was really agry and that completely ruined my tyres and strategy. Had some good battles with Jamie although I was forced of the track quite often, but thats racing I guess on here. Fought my way all back into 6th, then on lap 28 I had like 3 times a kerbbug which made me half spin. Lost 6 seconds to Jamie and had him right on my tail by the last lap. Got pretty nervous as I was quite pleased with 6th in the end, but I cut one corner maybe a bit too much which gave me terminal damage..

Its a real shame seen where Frede ended up, and I had the same potential race pace so a podium was in reach, but that lap 2 crash just ****ed it all up.

Now I'll be aiming for a win at Spain to compensate the bad first races, which is realistic as its known to be a controllerfriendly track.

I just realized that my job will be taking more time midweek than I anticipated, so I think I have to leave my spot to someone who actually can race most Tuesdays..(wich I don't seem to be able to). Sry for any inconv. I may have caused and I wish u guys a great season.

Thanks for all of the great comments guys. It wasn't a decision I made lightly and took a lot of consideration and thought. I'll probably have doubts when it gets to 21:30 on a sunday but in the long term I think its right to take a back seat for a while. I'll still be around on the forums watching your videos after the races.

Have fun racing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back