Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

My race edit:

After watching a few other race edits it seems like others had their problems, so maybe my pace wasn't as good as I thought - still, I definitely lost points because of the kerb incident (4:45 if you want to skip to it). I didn't drive particularly well in the last stint but that was probably due to the race I've had. Also sound went out of sync at the end because of some recording problems.

Frustrating race all round really!

Mattias: Your team-mate seems to have generally had the upper hand apart from in Malaysia, do you think you will be able to challenge him for the title this season?
As you said I beat him in Malaysia and in China I got a qualifying penalty because Jaime stopped in the middle of the track and I was only a few seconds behind him and I started last. And last night I was crashed at the start and crashed by Mikey and I lost seconds that would have statistically put me first. So no, I wouldn't say he has the upper hand regarding pace, but he has an advantage when it comes to points. I think I can win the championship, at least challenge. However I will cooperate with him if I find myself be struggling to win the title. Good question mate!

Pole Sitter: Frede

Mattias: Why is it that every time you get passed by a Mercedes, you report them to the stewards? is it a desperate action because you cant beat them on track?
Oh so now I have reported them everytime they passed me? In China Saif moved over in the braking zone and I wanted to see what the stewards thought about it. Regarding the Mikey situation that race, I can admit that it was a long shot which I actually admitted. And last race Saif pushed me wide and Mikey rammed the rear of my car. Last night I defended my position from Saif on 3 lap old primes while he was on fresh options, he passed me when he pushed me wide. I've shown multiple times this season that I can beat the mercedes Jamie. I have the right and a cause to report those incident, so that is frankly a stupid question. What do you hold against me and Frede really Jamie? You're always cocky and complaining about how we race. The thing is that we are leading the constructors championship so we are alot higher than you are. Seriously, stop with whatever you're trying to do. It just makes boring to race here.

Mattias: Do you like Marcus Ericsson?
I think he is fast but has a hard time to adapt to life in formula one. However I love the fact that we have a swede in formula one, I just hope that he can get some better results so he can experience a second season.

And Frede, the temperature where I live is 14 degrees.

Heeeeelp :(

My wheel was working superbly untill one week ago when i started the game without plugging in the wheel. I cannot set the steering linearity properly, it's either too slow or too twitchy. Before this the in game steering linearity was set to 50% and it was brilliant to drive. Now I tried 0%-20%-50%-80%-100% and it's absolute rubbish. I simply cannot set it :(

Maybe someone has an idea, I use a Thrustmaster f430.

Oh what a surprise that nobody got a penalty. Apperantly you can crash people as much as you like as long as you lose time. Well you make the person you crash lose time too but I guess that's allowed. I am disappointed with the stewards this season, the Mikey crash lost me about 5 seconds and he gets away with it because he didn't gain more time than me? He didn't wait, he just had a harder time getting back on track. Well it's good to know that I can push people wide during overtaking too!

Some of you need to stop bitching and man up, racing is tough and so it should be, if you want to stay ahead of someone or get by someone it's going to be a rough fight and there will sometimes be contact, doesn't mean its dirty or illegal. Some of you are failing to grasp the basic concepts of wheel to wheel racing, if someone has the run on you and goes down the inside, it's his corners, by not defending it you've given up your position, whether you stay on the outside and try it and brave it out is up to you, but don't moan when someone closes you off because that's their right.

As for the incident with Mikey, he just made a mistake, that's racing, it's normal, when cars are on the same bits of race track on the same line, it's just going to happen sometimes.

IMO some of the FIA's penalties in the real 2014 season have been really harsh, there should be a clear distinction between someone doing a dirty or stupid move, and someone making a clear mistake. Take Grosjean's incident from Spa 2012, it was a really stupid move and he got penalized for it. There is also a difference between real life and the game here, in real life if your taken out that's your race over, so even then the FIA has a case to give the driver a penalty or points, here 90% of the time you are still in the race.

Some of you need to stop bitching and man up, racing is tough and so it should be, if you want to stay ahead of someone or get by someone it's going to be a rough fight and there will sometimes be contact, doesn't mean its dirty or illegal. Some of you are failing to grasp the basic concepts of wheel to wheel racing, if someone has the run on you and goes down the inside, it's his corners, by not defending it you've given up your position, whether you stay on the outside and try it and brave it out is up to you, but don't moan when someone closes you off because that's their right.

As for the incident with Mikey, he just made a mistake, that's racing, it's normal, when cars are on the same bits of race track on the same line, it's just going to happen sometimes.

IMO some of the FIA's penalties in the real 2014 season have been really harsh, there should be a clear distinction between someone doing a dirty or stupid move, and someone making a clear mistake. Take Grosjean's incident from Spa 2012, it was a really stupid move and he got penalized for it. There is also a difference between real life and the game here, in real life if your taken out that's your race over, so even then the FIA has a case to give the driver a penalty or points, here 90% of the time you are still in the race.
Well then we can scratch having a stewarding system if you don't get penalised for crashing a car. Just so you know, I have always driven on my limit while racing with you and other drivers. But since I have noticed that you get away with everything, I might just overtake people by pushing them out and crashing people if I'm no longer in the championship fight just as long as they get ahead of me. That's your logic and in my opinion it's completely wrong because you can be a complete asshole on track and still get away with it.

Pole Sitter: Frede
Race Winner: Frede
Who will score the surprise result: Me (If I finish!)

Who do you think will be on the podium? Frede, Slim, Alistair
Barcelona, Valencia Street Circuit or Jerez (or another Spanish track)?

Valencia Street Circuit, always had a good rhythm around the track

What is your target for the race?

Just to finish!

What are your thoughts on leaving the Tilke circuits and returning to Europe?

Wish I did better in Malaysia and China

Will Lynchy rage quit the race again this week?

Yes

Ask Frederik and Mattias a question.

Frederik: What kart class do you race in?

Mattias: What makes a great race setup?

Mattias, if you want to race with a bunch of robots that don't ever make mistakes, I might suggest career mode.
I'm aware that people make mistakes but they should be penalised if they make a mistake that involves crashing another driver. I'm fine with people making mistakes sometimes, that's not the problem. The problem is that you can drive how you want in this league and not get any type of punishment.

That's your logic and in my opinion it's completely wrong because you can be a complete asshole on track and still get away with it.

No you're just taking it out of context completely, there is a difference between being as asshole on track and being tough, just taking the example between me and you in Bahrain, I was never ever going to get a penalty for that, you're argument didn't have any basis, I had the inside line and closed you out like I was entitled to because I had the corner.

However, say for example you were already into the corner half way and I had come up inside, barged you and used you to slow myself down, and then you went off track, then it would be a obvious penalty.

My wheel was working superbly untill one week ago when i started the game without plugging in the wheel.

Yyyeah, no idea why the game resets those settings when you do that.
But anyway, why would you want linearity at anything over 0 using a wheel with 270° turning radius? Hell, I limited my wheel to just 180° for F1 and I'm using 0 linearity.
Oh, and first of all - what exactly do you mean by "absolute rubbish"?

No you're just taking it out of context completely, there is a difference between being as asshole on track and being tough, just taking the example between me and you in Bahrain, I was never ever going to get a penalty for that, you're argument didn't have any basis, I had the inside line and closed you out like I was entitled to because I had the corner.

However, say for example you were already into the corner half way and I had come up inside, barged you and used you to slow myself down, and then you went off track, then it would be a obvious penalty.
haha you had the corner? I was on the freaking kerb almost alongside you when you hit me which forced me to go off track. You didn't freeze me out, that's another thing mate. Nothing personal against you but in my opinion you try to avoid contact and don't hit other drivers, but it feels like no englishman in this league feels like I do about this so I might just appeal this decision.

Just going back to the lack of penalties part though. I can see where Mattias is coming from. I think we all race under the assumption that everyone is trying their best to avoid an incident but if people are making more mistakes than others, then it might be time to start penalising them if the time lost from the incident isn't enough of a deterrent.

I don't think any penalties are needed this early because I don't think anyone has had enough incidents to warrant it but maybe there should be a system that tallies up the amount of incidents someone has had during a season. Up to a point incidents are expected but if it does become apparent that some people are getting involved in more incidents than others it might be time to start giving them penalties. Obviously it hasn't happened yet but it could in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back