Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Absolute joke. I easily had the pace for a podium. The win would have been difficult but I know I would have been part of the fight if it wasn't for a dodgy kerb. It wasn't like I was extending the track either - I was perfectly within track limits but it still spun me and lost me the best part of 10 seconds.

I also made a few other small mistakes as well that cost me a ridiculous amount of time for the size of the mistake - I had a battle with Mikey where he was up my inside and I turned in, thinking I would slot in behind him. I had to turn out again to avoid hitting his back wheel and I had to cut the corner. You've then got a gravel trap and a ski jump of a kerb to deal with and I couldn't avoid a half spin. It was the smallest of mistakes but it cost me 6 seconds.

Then later in the race my screen went black for a few seconds and I had to use the pause button - I didn't lose much time but it summed up my race.

Everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong. One positive is that I wasn't a million miles off the lead at the end despite the race I had, so I'll take that going into Spain where hopefully I have a bit more luck...

Qualified: 6th
Finished: DSC

Relatively poor qualifying lap, however on a good lap from me it would have been touch and go for 5th so I didn't lose out much in that respect, it would have been good to have had more of a gap to Jamie, whom I outqualified by only 0.001 seconds.

The race on the whole was solid, I had a good start and managed to gain a couple of positions on the opening lap, however I could tell after lap 3 I was going to struggle to stay in touch with the front runners who were eking out around 3-4 tenths over me each lap. As a result, I opted to focus on consistency and staying off of the kerbs which put me in good stead as I managed to get ahead of the likes of Alistair, Mikey and both Ferraris on a couple of occasions, however I lacked the pace to put up a serious fight.

Really the race was ruined at the end of my second stint, the car became very difficult to drive and the rear end became extremely unstable despite not having any severe wear on the tyres, I guess the errors made were down to lack of experience of tyres in these conditions.

As the laps went on I lost my KERS for 2.5 laps which meant I lost significant ground to Lodestar behind. Once my KERS came back I only had a single chance to drain at as afterwards I disconnected from a 6th place position which I believe I would have held onto.

Like I said, it was a solid race in terms of position, but I was disappointed not to finish and was also unsatisfied with the end of my second stint. I was pleased to see there had been a slight improvement on raw pace between China and Bahrain, though. Anyway, this was the final race of my 2-race stint which I enjoyed, thanks to everyone for making them as enjoyable as they were, hopefully it won't be too long before I can fill in again.

@John Best

I echo the sentiments of the league regarding your departure. More so, I agree with Andy in that you will miss it to one degree or another. I know others who sold their PS3 and games to get a PS4 and a few months later wanted to come back. Yet, I respect whatever decision you make as I'm sure we all do.

Hope you re-consider.

1. Will our race be more exiting than the actual race last Sunday? I doubt it. Bahrain had some good battles in the mid-pack in more than just the long-straights. China doesn't really allow for that kind of battling so I doubt it'll be as exciting as Bahrain. Unless you're Jordie out in front by 20 seconds then it'll really be a bore.
  2. Do you find this track fun or pretty dull? neither fun nor dull because I'm no good at it.
  3. Are you glad that this is the last of the tilkedromes for a while? Meh
  4. What is the meaning behind your PSN name? Childhood nickname + state where I grew up
  5. What bra size is Dan? TMI
  6. Are you racing? Does the sun set in the west?

I remember once, many years ago I think it was during OCS2 at korea ( GOD BLESS THAT RACE ) Praveen Augustus disconnected coming round the penultimate turn on the final lap. We agreed to allow him to keep his 4th place on the basis that it was obvious he would finish there.

Tell me your opinions guys, do you think I should be classified because it was the last lap?

Two reasons why I think you shouldn't be;

1. The corner cut lead to the crash happening, if you had stayed on track that wouldnt have happened.

2. You can't just go throwing back people into positions after something has happened on track, it's not fair to all the others on the track who finished the race and it's no ones fault so it's just unfortunatly one of those things, before my final stint a bollard was in the middle of the track and caused me to spin and cost me 2.5 seconds, imagine I came out and said I want to take the win because it cost me 2.5 seconds and I only finished 0.3 tenths behind Frede, would that be fair?

Not for nothing, but I'm really starting to not like this thread. It should really be closed until after the stewards make their final decisions...as any steward that reads this might have their original thoughts swayed due to influence of other league members chiming in their thoughts and opinions. This isn't how its done in real life, and thats why there is a special panel. Just my thoughts.

Tell me your opinions guys, do you think I should be classified because it was the last lap?
I don't think so. Frede did exactly the same thing at Monaco last year when he hit the invisible wall (although most of us know where it is) on the final lap and he didn't get classified even though he finished in the points. I actually think that was ridiculously harsh considering people can get lapped and get in the points but he didn't.

But back to your incident you need to draw a line somewhere and it is much easier to draw the line at the flag on the final lap. If someone hit an invisible wall next week on the penultimate lap, they could argue that they deserve that place. It can open a can of worms so on that basis I don't think so. Very unfortunate though! Bahrain kerb's and cones are ridiculous.

Not for nothing, but I'm really starting to not like this thread. It should really be closed until after the stewards make their final decisions...as any steward that reads this might have their original thoughts swayed due to influence of other league members chiming in their thoughts and opinions. This isn't how its done in real life, and they have a panel for a reason. Just my thoughts.
This is just to discuss incidents though - the stewards don't have to read it. It's just hear because people like to offer their opinions. It's not like it matters if a steward's opinion is swayed though - we're not out to get anyone, so if anything I think their opinions will be swayed in a constructive rather than destructive manner.

Q: 10th
I had to wait for my computer to finish it's configurating thing, so I only had one shot after I had a collision with Mikey in qual. I tried to go off the line, but it was a little too late, which meant that Mikey hit me. He got pole anyway so I hope he isn't made or anything. I wanted to test the prime strategy for the race, so I decided to qual on primes. It was a bad lap, but I just made sure that I was FAR away from all white lines just to avoid cutting or extending.

R: 1st
I knew that I had the race pace to fight for the win here, so I just spent the first few laps getting into a better position. It wasn't really very hard, as I decided to go with 1-1 for the race, which gave me incredible straight line pace. I was soon up to 2nd fighting with Mikey for the lead on my primes, so it was a very great first stint. I quickly realized that this could be a comfortable win for me, but as I hit a bollard that spun me, I was under pressure again.

Saif, Mikey and Mattias all decided to pit much earlier than me for the last set of tyres, and this did really help the Mercedes guys, as Saif got a great gap and Mikey was juuust able to overtake me on my cold tyres. We had a great fight but when I finally got the 1 second gap to Mikey, I knew I had to be very fast in order to catch Saif. I caught him in lap 27 and waited for my overtake until the last lap. It was a very great win and a funny race.

Lo guys,

Bad news... we switched to Sky earlier this month and it appears that my connection has now been capped further:
Ek6vltm.png

I've got absolutely no idea if this is race-able or not but it started last Thursday, I went away until late yesterday an I've just got back from work and it is no better. Sadly I fear that I wont be able to get it fixed in time for the race tomorrow but I'll try...

My uncle was having the same problem with sky, his speed was slowly getting worse and no one from sky would explain the reasons or willing to help fix the problem so he moved to virgin and has been getting 30MB's ever since. I wouldn't go to sky even if someone else was paying the bill, sky has gone its crap and worthless you may aswell build yourself fire and throw your money into it. Hell you might get more enjoyment watching your money burn then waiting for pages to load or worse waiting for sky to send someone round to fix it, which I highly doubt they would fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back