Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

"1.4 You must keep two wheels within the white line. Repeatedly cutting and extending will result in a punishment."
The thing is, that rule isn't successfully enforced in real life F1, so how I don't know how we can expect to enforce it when most of us don't even record. What I know is that no one goes a full race distance without cutting a corner and some get away with it more than others. If someone is faster, it could be completely legitimate but there's always a niggle that they could be cutting more than me and gaining an advantage from that. I don't think it's something that we can completely prevent but around a track like this I think we could do a better job than we are doing.

I'm sure Frede wouldn't do a lap like that in actual quali, so I'm not criticising him when I say this but if I did see a lap like this I would feel a bit annoyed because of the cut at T2 and the extending on the exit of T7 and the entry and exit of T13.

That being said, I think we should allow some leeway at a track like Bahrain where the cutting and extending is very minor. Under the current rules I'm wouldn't be too happy with it but I really think we should allow a lap like that. I think the corner cutting rules would apply more to tracks like Montreal and Monza.

In a race distance with high fuel and tyre wear its enevtible that you'll have people cutting corners occasionally, however that doesn't mean you can run your whole qualifying lap cutting corners/running wide and then doing it all race long, the rule is there to catch those out who are consistently doing it to gain an advantage.

In a race distance with high fuel and tyre wear its enevtible that you'll have people cutting corners occasionally, however that doesn't mean you can run your whole qualifying lap cutting corners/running wide and then doing it all race long, the rule is there to catch those out who are consistently doing it to gain an advantage.
What exactly would happen if someone did a lap like the one above then? Would it be penalised?

RIght, lets get something perfectly clear. The rules of this league are not selective. 100% of them apply 100% of the time. The majority of us record so whether in qualifying or the race, someone will be watched. If anyone is seen to be driving in an unfair manner, they will be dealt with. Simple as that.

Again, guys you need to use your common sense here. There is a difference between cutting a few corners over the course of the race whilst trying your best to remain within the track boundaries and blatantly making your own boundaries of the track. There are a few things in that video above that bug me such as the scandinavian flicks on entry of the corners that put the car off the track to open up the corner because all that's doing is allowing you to take the corner at a high gear. If you're leaving the track to do that, then that is extending.

I believe I called out Frede for doing this at the same track last season and I can see that the line has not changed, so in that case, that would be an illegal lap as far as I'm concerned.

I could add that when I kart marshal, the rules state that the kerbs are an extension of the white line.

The MSA do have silly rules saying you can't overtake when you have two wheels off track.

Clearly the top one isn't allowed, while the game would allow you to get away with the latter.

Last edited:
Look, just drive properly lol I dont even know why we're having this discussion tbh. You're all smart people, apart from Frede apparently, who has posted that as some kind of tutorial or something. If we see any driving like that not just on this circuit but on any other, the person doing it will be dealt with and trust me. You don't want that to happen.

Look, just drive properly lol I dont even know why we're having this discussion tbh. You're all smart people, apart from Frede apparently, who has posted that as some kind of tutorial or something. If we see any driving like that not just on this circuit but on any other, the person doing it will be dealt with and trust me. You don't want that to happen.
Frederik didn't do that lap in a qualifying session, so why call him un-smart? You can have a discussion about corner cutting, but you don't have to attack Frederik just because he posted an illegal lap on youtube while doing grand prix mode. That's just ridiculous and frankly bad behaviour from a guy who's a championship COO...

Frederik didn't do that lap in a qualifying session, so why call him un-smart? You can have a discussion about corner cutting, but you don't have to attack Frederik just because he posted an illegal lap on youtube while doing grand prix mode. That's just ridiculous and frankly bad behaviour from a guy who's a championship COO...

The last time Frede posted, he said this...

Believe it or not, but I have found pretty amazing pace round here after I tweaked my setup. I will upload setup and hotlap video tomorrow, hope it can help some of the struggling guys!!

and that's the lap that he uploads. I think I'm entitled to my opinion on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back