Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Qually - 1st

Race - 1st
OPO

Seemed to have a slow start which i luckily managed to sort cause Oli was starting on the Primes and i didn't fancy getting stuck behind him and having to try and get past. Thought i'd started braking too early for T1 but i think i got it spot on after seeing Jeremy go flying past onto the run off :L

The cars behind were trying to get past Oli which helped me create a nice gap to them. Pitted on lap 9 and came out right behind RivalShooter (Kieran?) and we had a good battle for a lap and a bit, side by side for a few corners too!

I got past him to go back into 1st and he pitted and from there i managed to maintain the gap to Jamie then on the last stint i was able to pull away.

Glad to win on a track i hate :)

Boothy, that was me that punted you on T2 on lap one. Very sorry about that. I had managed a great start and passed several cars, and was *hoping* to take the inside line at the hairpin, but went to wide as you were outside coming in. I got warned, but not boxed. Hope you passed me after the tangle, as I let several cars by, but I could not tell which ones. All I knew was it was a red car that I hit. I'm glad you were able to recover. You are welcome for making the race more challenging for you. lol. I'm uploading the gory video evidence now.

How did you get by Benham? was he the one with the drive through or just an odd off or something?

Ive no idea how i ended up past Chris at all. What did help was my practice race before hand where i realized that id be fairly close on fuel towards end so did 1st couple laps on it and then my in/out laps and then what turned out to be the last few when i couldn't see anyone ahead/behind me.

Alot of you seemed to go slowly through the corners. Guessing low wings? I had mine on 11/1 :ninja:

Bad race.

Quali went desently as I had only done a few laps before the race. Tenth was my result.

Race went even worse. Started losing positions and when I started having a good rhythm I opted to stay out of the big 4-car fight. Despite that, I had to push to take advantage of any mistakes. I did three stops, on laps 4, 12 and 20. I got down to last and kept making little mistakes losing time to Hotshot. P10 was what I got after taking advantage of the DNFs of some guys ahead.

Not been on for nearly 3 weeks now, but nonetheless the car felt good after 15 mins on TT. Had 2 drive thru's. 1st for taking out Boothy on lap 1, then a strange one popped up after lapping someone:mad:.

Didn't have the heart to go chasing Boothy after that, and woulda needed a lot more laps to have gotten remotely close enough to do so anyways. Ran outa fuel halfway round last lap as well - I wasn't making you go around another lap on purpose there @Karl Fuss:laugh:

A race that I probably should have got second out of if I could avoid mistakes (I always make mistakes though). Dave was astonishingly quick, close to a second a lap quicker than the rest of us throughout. Fair play to Henri as well for simply driving better than me in the same car. The last 5 laps were very interesting to say the least...

Strategy was quite interesting, I went for the undercut each stint (didn't feel comfortable on worn options early on) and then got caught hand over fist in the last few laps of my stint, hence why I kept getting passed by Henri.

Unfortunately for me, I have to wake up at 3am tomorrow in the morning to watch it live...
I have to stay up til 12 to watch the European/Singapore Races, All other Asian Races start around 5pm, 7pm Malaysia, US GP at 6am, Canada and Brazil 4am, Abu Dhabi midnigt and Bahrain 1am now that the night race is likely to stay.
Where do you live? I'm fairly certain in the UK it starts at 8...
Knowing you guys ae 10 hours behind us, and it's a 5pm start time here in Melbourne, it should be 7am for you guys unless you've changed your clocks indeed making it 8.
I live in London, U.K. Wait, let me check again...
I'm Aussie and proud of it. Would you like another shrimp? ;)

Well if you took out Boothy then who did I take out? It was a shiny red Ferrari I'm sure. It all seemed to happen for me on the first lap or two. The good, the bad, and the ugly. I could have wound up a place ahead or a place behind, but the practice (I'm sure I was not taking the corners as fast as you Boothy, but I needed some extra stability to keep the offs to a minimum, which is what ultimately saved me from the clutches of Peter. Once I got in a groove, I actually had a shot at HRH, but never really challenged due to that first lap (I think). Here is most of the race:

By far the most physically difficult race I've done. I was in extreme pain throughout the entire race and could barely stay in one position in my chair more less keep my foot on the pedals. Don't know how I managed. Long story short, caught a knee to the leg at a high-speed playing basketball this morning, seems to be severe nerve damage rather than a break because I'll feeling pain in areas of my leg that weren't hit but I hope it's not broken. Anyways

Q - 3rd - couldn't really get into a flow for after one lap my leg was bothering me so much that I had to give it a little rest before the next lap or pit but happy to qualify ok.

R - 5th - Start not ideal. I don't know why the first corner of the first lap is an issue. I break at the same point every lap thereafter and don't lock up, only on the first lap. I know it's not my brake settings but I have a feeling my pedals are getting to be so dirty and dusty inside it's affecting my response time in the game and that may be the cause. I'll have to sort this out.

So, while trying to recover from the mistake I was easing back on track and barely had two wheels on the track and I got clipped by Sam which apparently spun me and him and I get the penalty for it. Don't know what more I could have done to be cautious there and prevent that. From there recovery mode. Recovery was working well as I was catching a pack of about four cars all within a few seconds. Tyres started to wear so I pitted hoping to do a really good out-lap and get within a second. Yet, it was not to be so as disaster struck. Came out of the pits ahead of Mats who was coming down the start/finish straight and started driving off. Got to the last corner before the end of sector 1 and got spun from behind. Strategy gone as that incident lost me another 5 seconds minimum. Too far back too catch the pack after that.

Had a decent, but odd scrap with Ollie for a few laps who appeared to either be suffering from severe lap spikes or understeer because it appeared he was going wide in several turns. He was on the option tyre and I on the prime and I maintained the gap although he pitted at least two laps after I did. Unfortunately he disconnected just as we were racing side-by-side going into the last turn of sector 1 which was disappointing. To say that I rubbed wheels with Ollie on any track considering is normal pace is an achievement so I have to be pleased with that at least.

Overall, glad it's done, physical limitations more than anything made it tough to be any more competitive I just hope it's not as bad as I think it is. Congrats Jordie on another win, he was just too quick to catch. See you all at another track I hate, hopefully, in China.

Grand Prix of Portugal
Autódromo do Estoril

senna___prost___mansell___piquet__portugal_1986__by_f1_history-d5sjp42.jpg

213867_overview+of+the+estoril+circuit-1280x960-apr10.jpg._original.jpg

Lobby will open at 9:45pm GMT on Sunday and your Host is Gavin (Gavos 2 Base) unless alternative arraignments are made. No restarts for lag or disconnection issues (see F1 Rules for more detail).

Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 10pm GMT, 5pm U.S.

Please sign up for the race as follows: Name / Gamertag

NOTE: Sign up for the race in this thread 48 hours before race start (21:00 GMT the Thursday before). If you have not signed up by this time your seat may be handed to a reserve and you will then be a reserve for that race.

Assists - None
Distance 50%, Dynamic Weather
Race Only, Random Grid
PLR Rules - OSD optional but minimalist choices are encouraged
View: Cockpit Only
Backup Host - TBD

Teams:
1 - Robert and Railer
2 - Peter and Daniel
3 - Matthew and Karl
4 - Gavin and Chris
5 - Ben and Stand By #1
6 -
Stand By Drivers: Graham Jarvis, Alexander Hellwig, C. Knowles.

Teams For This Race:
1 - Robert and Railer
2 - Peter and Daniel
3 - Matthew and Karl
4 - Gavin and Chris
5 - Ben and Stand By #1

Car Assignments This Race:
1980 Williams FW07B – Matthew and Karl
1986 Team Lotus 98T – Gavin and Chris
1988 Williams FW12 -- Peter and Daniel
1988 Ferrari F1 87/88C – Robert and Railer
1988 Team Lotus 100T – Ben and Stand By #1

Points allocation for race:
1ST - 10 POINTS
2ND - 8 POINTS
3RD - 6 POINTS
4TH - 5 POINTS
5TH - 4 POINT
6RD - 3 POINTS
7TH - 2 POINTS
8TH - 1 POINT
3. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / Williams FW12
4. Gavin Hendley / Gavos 2 Base
5. Daniel Smissen / DANDAN140787
10.​

Last edited:
Race report:

Q - none of the qualy laps were clean, I had perfect lap 3, where I was quicker 0.5s quicker, but made mistake in final sector.

R - good start, I was able to move to 4th. Then, surprisingly, I was able to stay with top 3 quite easily. 3 stop strategy was my plan, but once again, tires were gone much quicker than in offline. I tried to stay one more lap than Fuyjin and Mark, but lost a lot of time. On top, pit entry mistake didn't help. And the race continued same way - when I managed to cut some time from gap to Fuyjin, mistake came. And when I was finally ahead, game froze for a short time, enough to allow Fuyjin to pass me without any fight. I got options for last stint, but once again, tires were worn super quick, which didn't allow me to push till the end. Shame, with good 4 stop strategy and without so many mistakes, podium was achievable.

It was long season and with 8 races missed, I couldn't hope for better overall championship position. It was big challenge in equal cars, I'm really glad I was part of it. Congratulations to Henri for the Championship win.
As I said in the Farewell thread, I'm leaving for some time. But I have feeling, I won't stay too far away :)

Highlights:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back