Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Really enjoyed this race as myself and Rob had a good battle going for the first 14 laps or so.

Rob and I were on different tyres so the middle portion of the race was quite lonely but after robs pit stop he was back there in front of me.

Had a good little battle again but unfortunately i stuffed it into the wall wiping off my front nose with a few laps to go.

Was quite pleased with qualy, although qualifying in 5th wasnt far off the pace.

Did you start on primes rob???

Very disappointed of my performace in this race, qualy was bad, only got one lap that was halfway decent but still too slow.
Never could find a good pace in the race, on one of the early laps Paul went wide in the hairpin so I passed him, next lap my turn to go wide and he passes me, touched your left rear wheel as I was turning in to avoid the rail since you were very close, which led to me being push a little sideways and I had to wait for two cars to pass before I could rejoin.
Anyhow, doing little misstakes here and there and about midrace the car seemed to loose grip, I had big trouble keeping it on the line, felt very strange, can't understand why.
Not a good race for me at all :(

On top of that it was hot as h*ll in my gaming room, the temp is at 28-29 degrees due to the fantastic weather we have had here the last week, so I found it very hard to concentrate during the race, sweating like a pig, now I now how the real drivers feel in the heat :wink:

Well done to insidemattie and you guys on the podium :)

BAD race for me. Thought I had a realistic chance of challenging the front-runners in this race so opted to start the race on primes which meant I did quali on primes (even tho i realised after i didnt have to) and i qualified 5th with a 1:15.5...
Got a decent start into T1 running 4th, but then the ferrari spun the mercedes and caused me to get stuck behind the stationary mercedes, leaving me running low down the order. I then clawed my way back up to 4th over the next couple of laps, only to go and lose my whole front wing at the hairpin causing me to pit. My stop took 11.9 seconds as i ran over the lolipop man :/ and to add to that i got a drive thru for speeding!!!! then on my drive thru i accidentally got another drive thru for speeding again!! :mad:
After this I carried on for another couple of laps, but i lost focus and kept making mistakes which left me in almost dead last. So I binned it through rage. :/

Loool,I can't believe it,group 4 almost full grid,,,,hehe

Someone pushed me off the track in the 1st corner,I dont know who....after that I was on 2nd place to the and of the race.
Julzor was flew on this track tonight ,I had no chance to get him

Mostly, lonely race for me,here is the my last lap...

Congratulations to flying julzoor

This is my report of the RD league group 2 race of Montreal. I think this is one of the very best races I have ever driven in F1 2010. I’ll try to explain why. (This might be a one- sided story, as it is told from my perspective). It is also my first league race, so I didn’t quite know what to expect, and how to cope with the Mercedes car that was assigned to me.

I qualified fifth. Italian took an easy pole, with Zomacher and Bending close by. Joempie started in front of me.

To the surprise of us all, the race started in wet conditions. Italianred’ s qualification on options turned out to be a master move, he got ‘free pole’ and got to choose his tires at the start. I decided I would start on wet weathers.
The moments the lights went out, I noticed my start was good. I carefully took the inside in the first corner, and watched a collision between the leaders. Being told to take it easy, I slowed down, but kept my recently gained forth place. The race went on, and Italianred stayed in the lead. Zomacher, Bending and I were fighting for 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] place. I overtook Bending in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] lap, as he accelerated to fast out of the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] chicane and lost his rear. The wet weather was hard for everyone.
In the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] lap, I made the worst mistake of all: I took it too easy. I went into the first chicane too slowly, so I unconsciously accelerated too fast. I spun, hit the wall, and lost my complete front wing. Zomacher passed me in the process. I was very frustrated, but didn’t know this was the very happening that made my race so unbelievable.
Because my front wing was broken, I cut a corner completely and got a penalty. I went in to change my front wing, and got intermediates. I came back 9[SUP]th[/SUP], because some gaps had already been created. I overtook Hawkear, but had to pit again. I came out behind the fighting group. In a great fight, I had to overtake Hawkear again, Bluenoes and Antique. I went up to sixth place, when my tires started to wear. Despite that, I was closing on Grimmie 187 and Zomacher, who were fighting for 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. The lap after Zomacher made his pitstop, I nearly spun, and the drops ceased to fall. This had to be the moment to make the gamble and go for dry weather tires. It was around lap 11, and I was unsure how long options would be good enough. I decided to split my race into two more stints, one on primes, and the last one on option. Looking back I probably shouldn´t have done this. I came out fifth again, and finally closed the gap to Grimmie. In a long battle, I overtook him, and created a gap. Zomacher closed on him too, enabling me to get away even faster. Joempie disconnected mysteriously, leaving me in 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]. I was closing on Bending reasonably fast, and expected him to be on worn tires. Because of this, and because Grimmie and Zomacher seemed so far away, I pitted again in lap 23 or 24 for options. Unfortunately, I came out exactly behind the fighting duo. In the three laps that followed, I tried everything to overtake Grimmie, while Zomacher pulled away from us. When I finally got past him on the start/finish straight, the gap was nearly 10 seconds, with only 8 laps to go. In the following five laps, I closed the gap and overtook Zomacher on my fresh options. The gap to the already pitted Bending was 8 seconds. In the remaining laps I closed on him, but when we passed the line in the 35[SUP]th[/SUP] lap, I came 2 seconds short.
Italianred won this race by an unbelievable margin of over 45 seconds. Congrats to this solid performance, Ermanno!
I also like to thank all the above mentioned racers, for the great fights. I didn´t mention Gootek303, but he drove very fair too.
Well, this was a pretty long story, but I had to share it.
One last note: I sincerely believe InsideMattie should be promoted to this league. He won his own race in group 3 by a huge margin, and should definately fit in this competition. Thanks!

Summary:
Start position: 5
Finish: 3
Pitstops:
Start on full wets
#1 to inters
#2 to prime
#3 to option
1 penalty
Fastest lap: 1.12.780

Aah, but who kept a very long train behind him in the first 3 laps? The leaders built up a 4s or more gap, and after my pitstop I came back in some sort of other gap.. so. But okay, it was not you ;-). My bad.

Yes, it's very unfortunate that you left :(. But my manypitstopstrategy ensured that I had a very high pace all the time. It might have ended very differently. You were close behind Bending, so we could have a 3 way fight. 'But alas', you left :(. Pity!

Good race everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back