Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

even more annoyed then JAMIE, start I tap Desmond but he doesn't go off but into the second corner someone spins me, now to the end of the lap i braked about 10 meters too early and beerboy shoots up towards me and puts me into the Wall Of Champions. Luckly that only gives me a yellow wing, well i thought lucky every lap huge understeer and then in total i got 3 penalties before I accidently put myself into the wall of champions

First of all Lee you are to fast for me. Still second place is pretty good.
I started 4th on the grid and got of to a good start. Up towards the first corner I saw an opening between Lee and kekks and did go for it and came up alongside Thomas which then spun in second corner and I hit him but got away without damage. I was watching Lee and kekks battling and when kekks spun I got up to second and followed Lee around the lap and was very surprised when he pitted. In the lead I was lonely until lap 12 when Lee caught up to me again and we fighted eachother in the pitentrance. (Sorry for that Lee) I came out behind Lee and followed him for a couple of laps until I spun and then he was to quick for me. Then I cruised around until lap 23 when I spun and lost my frontwing and I called for options to be put on for the rest of the race. And after my stop I came out behind Thomas and started preparing for a fight with him. But on lap 24 he pitted and then it was just a cruise to the finish line.
Finally got a good race and I admit I was lucky with alot in this race. And two sweds on the podium that makes me happy.

Connection Failed on lap 20.
Something weird going on anyways.

Qualifying was appalling.
It's a non-contact sport and I don't expect to be rear-ended in the future! Especially during qualifying.

I got a 5 place penalty. Qualified in 6th so I should start in 11th.
Started on the grid in 5th for some reason.
Started on primes and was due to pit on lap 23.

So... when you come out of the pits in the early few laps and someone is coming round turn 1, don't slam into them!
So, I got swiped round turn one from someone coming out of the pits and I was well on the inside. Haven't checked fraps yet.
Getting hit there cost me two places and then I see the two cars slamming into each other ahead of me down the road... ?

I joined this league for a reason, to play fair, and I'm not liking what I'm seeing from just 20 mins of gameplay.

I will upload anything I find interesting

Thank you for hosting the race, it was good fun, well, while it lasted for me anyway. I will apologise if I caused any incidents, I tried my best to avoid others and I think there was incident where I was going clearly too fast into corner 1 and side swiped the outside car, I think it was dirtydave (dave ross?) I did slow and let you pass afterwards.

The wall of champions had me, took my front wing out, then into the first chicane, I just didn't brake and head first into the barrier, losing my front wheels on lap 19 I think.

What I have learned from that race is that I need to drive a lot more consistently, I suffered 2 drive through's due to too late braking and ended up cutting corners.

My nightmare came true.....

Qualifying... was a second down from my normal pace, but Race start... raining !!!!! YES!!!!! I love rain!!! :)
m
Choose wets to start with. Was the right choice. In the first corner made small touch with Lee. Sorry about that. A few corners later I was behind Grimmy186 and in the hairpin I passed him on the outside and drove away from him.
When the rain had stopped I stayed out on wets one lap too long, went in for primes and I knew that I didn't had to pit anymore.
At a certain time I was 3rd with Bending behind me for some laps. At the end of lap 17 he bumped me into the wall of champions and damaged my front wing. From that moment on I had trouble with my pace. On lap 19.... BANG..... Connection lost......
My blood is coocking!!! :( The thing that I was afraid of happened.... Bye bye points, bye bye last possibility for a good result.... bye bye!!!! :(

I am gutted.....

I had a blast tonight boys:wink: Thank again to everyone for a all in all a very clean race!!!

I Qualified in 6th place which I was pretty happy about, considering that my hotlap had a couple of small mistakes, and pretty fast figuring out that I had no chance of making the top 3. I almost ran of the track when I saw Mr Lee Cocker's pole lap pop up on my screen:D, Have no idea how you manege to go round in a 1min 12sec(But anyway very nice lap time!)

I got through the traffic jam in T2 pretty much unharmed, maybe took a bump or two, but definitely nothing serious. Then on lap 2 or maybe 3 on the last chicane(Wall of champions), I come up to Beerboy and Lee C(psn name to long to write:redface:) who are in a battle, they have contact on the exit of the chicane and loose speed, I on the other hand have a great exit, and get ready to go past on the inside, but they spin a little and go across the track, giving me no room to get out the way, and i damage both my wings(only yellow). I race with that til my pitstop, and come out just behind Bezza and Kekks, and from there we have a very tight and exciting race for 4th place, which comes out with me in 4th:D

Without Microsoft you wouldn't have the operating system which runs the game :D.... The only people to blame in all of this are codemasters, they're the ones who got hacked, not hotmail, not Microsoft.

The main thing we can learn from this is to always use seperate usernames and passwords, otherwise your just making it easy when your details get stolen.

Sorry you won't be racing tonight Scott :(
My account is blocked by Microsoft ( the email account is directly blocked by microsoft for some reason)

Thanks for the race guys.
For me that was a f*cked up race too. Firts had a penalty for speeding in the pits that totally my fault then had a rear left puncture after crossing the line starting a new lap, great! After that I totally lost my mod drive focused. I'm starting to hate this game and only plays with it when the league race comes but still that's enough for me to throw it away till the next league race.
Anyway if I didn't had any problem still Italianred was unbeatable on this track, incredible pace mate!

Stefan, sorry about that bump.. u were 'invisible' for me, I drove through corner and u were with me on the starting straight.
To Zomacher - no hard fellings, u pushed me out in first corner of some 17-21 lap, and I cutted, sorry for contact, but u stayed in front of me with Italian, if u will say something about that incident - I answer on that, that u pushed me out of the track in 4th corner.
To dion - nice driving, same style as me, agressive and fast, had some contact with u but no bad fellings after that, becuse U were faster than me in that corner when u pushed me out.

and about race - sick. had 2 more pitstops than i expected, first was when my WET tyres worn out and I changed it to inters, but next lap - rain is over and I took primes.. after that I was in 20 seconds behind italian on 4th place, took my time and get 2nd, and the pace was 20 seconds for all time.. i decided to pit again and take options on 26th lap, on 29 broke my right part of frontwing and changed engine mode to standart and just ended the race.

Really good qualy for me, but my best time on soft was 1.12.6, but i can do the first and last (very careful) laps.
Good start. Andrew and me gapping from other and that thing was good to me absolultely, but i know that the Bortz was on hard tires.
After first penalty i was third behind Freddy. After second penalty i was 5-th behind Jack and James. After pit-stop i was last....
It was very disapointed race for me. Finish - 4-th place. But if i dont had so many drive trough i thinck will be 2-3 place, but....So i very very disapointed. One of my favorite tracks...
P.S. Kriska vas very lag sometimes in the race and it was very hard to do something. Will see on video.
P.S.S. Very bad that the it was only 6 players in race:frown:.

Congratulations Andrew on a superb win. You were in a class of your own here. My quali didn't go too well, so ended up third instead of a possible second. Start was good and was just cautious not to bump into Andrew and Igor, who were fighting it out in the first two corners, when I suddenly got punted off...Dropped back to last, but Romain was waiting nicely to let me past (so that was my queue that he punted me off :p). But that's okay, contact happens. He let me past and we just had to try and make the best of it, starting at the back after that. After that, we both closed up on James, and in the hairpin I braked maybe a tad bit late and James quite early and it looked like we would collide...but he went wide a bit (to avoid the collission?) it seemed and I hugged the apex like it was my favorite granny (Steve Stoop's trademark line ;)) and didn't touch him...but he did spin and quickly corrected. I thought maybe on his side of the computer we did touch (as I had with Igor in Istanbul) and decided to just let him past. At some point, Romain, who was not far behind, made a mistake in a corner and touched the wall and then he jumped to the other side and bumped into that wall I believe and then he pitted I think. Then James was fighting with Rob and Rob made a mistake and James and i both went past on the finish straight I believe but then Rob made an error while braking and bumped into James who went off and that put me back into third place behind Andrew and Igor. Igor made an early stop (drive though it appears?) and came out just behind me and the pressure was quite high. He seemed to be faster but luckily I managed to keep him behind and a few laps later again he pitted (to change tires?). Next lap I pitted too and came out way in front of him. Closed the gap again to Rob and had a very clean overtake the first change I got on the finish straight. From there on it was just trying not to make any big mistakes. Romain and Igor closed up a bit in the end when I also made a mistake which cost me maybe 2seconds. Thankfully they were fighting it out, which was in my favor as otherwise they might have closed up more, but I think the gap was big enough though. Congratulations Romain for third place. Especially as us two started from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back