Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Jan we need to review the whole footage coming to think of it, a race incident which has happened, and also to confirm the places of each driver from the end race Result.... Best to be 100% sure while confirming the scores and giving out the right points to the correct people, im sorry for the confusion. :)

F1 2010 @ Montreal - Wednesday June 1st 2011

f1flyer.png

WEDNESDAY 1 June 2011
GAMING PLATFORM

PlayStation 3

START TIME
2030hrs uk time (1930gmt)

RACE SETTINGS

Participation: Qualification and Race
Race Distance: 50%
Car Assignment: Player's Choice
Weather Setting: Dynamic
Track Selection: Montreal

SIMULATIONS SETTINGS

Rules and Flags: Realistic
Tyre Wear: On
Fuel Load Simulation: On
Car Damage: On
Car Performance: Equal
Collisions: Full

ASSIST RESTRICTIONS

Braking Assist:
Banned
ABS: Banned
Traction Control: Allowed
Dynamic Racing Line: Allowed
Gearbox: Allowed
Pit Limiter:Restrict to Manual
Pit Box Control:Restrict to Manual

Forum name:
Gamer tag:

1. Ryan Lewis/LouieABF/Force India
  2. Thomas Helmer/TH_2310/Lotus
  3. Flavio Morado/ Kekks35/ Red Bull Renault
  4. Ryan Mckeown/MaccaaF1/Mercedes
  5. Damien Moore / Tsjarlie / Pick another car!
  6. Marcus Lindblom/lindblom98
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver

Another enjoyable although ultimately disappointing race for me last night. Thanks to all who took part and apologies to anyone I might have caused a problem for.

Qualifying: Gutted to see the rain coming down so hard but got out and put in a few laps in cruise mode and was quite happy to come into the pits in the 1:24's knowing I had a better lap in me. Made a slight setup alteration and then came out with just enough fuel for two quick laps. On my first one I was 1.2 seconds up at the second split and felt I had made up even more time as I went round Sachs but then suddenly I was booted to the qualifying results screen with over two minutes still remaining!! Reckon a 1:22 was on the cards on the lap I was on which would have been my best quali of the season :S Oh well, not sure what the hell happened but I am familiar with back row starts so no biggie...

Race: Had my usual cautious start and Bones managed to get alongside and past me before turn 1 but I think it was him and Dutch who ran a bit wide and I was able to get them both around turn 2. There was a lot going on at this point and I think I was possibly up to 5th and behind Kyle during the first lap or two before things settled and I found myself in around 6th. The next 18 laps was a lot of fun as initially I had a great tussle with Dutch as we passed and re-passed each other pretty much every lap for a while with Bones staying on our tail around 4 or 5 seconds behind, ready to pounce if we screwed up. Dutch finally got away from me as I ran wide at the hairpin and he then started to stretch the gap to me. At this point I suddenly found myself ahead of Monster who I assume had pitted and we then had a nice little battle for a few laps and I managed to keep my place ahead of him until my pitting in lap when I ran waide at Sachs and he made it past. Only cost me a second or so so I wasn't too disappointed. Pitted for my primes and got out still ahead of Bones and about 25 seconds behind Monster so just set about concentrating on my own race and see where it brought me. Got to just after halfway when things started to go awry.. a few distractions indoors (my six year old and a not too well wife caused me to lose concentration a few times and I fell away from Monster and then after having to park on the grass briely I found myself overtaken by Bones and at the back of the pack. Apologies Dutch if I messed things up for you during this time as I ran wide at Sachs, spun back onto the track and you came along at just that point , unable to avoid me. I had a damaged front wing from the impact and decided to carry on without pitting. Hope I didn't lose you a place!!

Anyway, the remainder of my race was a bit of a struggle, I had lost any rythm and consistency and struggled to get decent times from this point forward... my best was only a 1:22 which was around 4 seconds slower than my best practice lap so I was well off the pace and soon lost touch with Bones and with no chance of catching him it was just a case of getting to the flag to pick up the 4 points on offer.

Really missed an opportunity to take over 5th place and also open a bigger gap to the missing Bradz and I also now have Figjam, Cat and the Smurf closing the gap to me for 6th in the championship...

Still an enjoyable time and especially that first 20 laps where I had my best battles so far this season.

Special congrats to Cat for his first podium and Bones for his first points and a great quali lap from the Smurf.

Without seeing the incident I think it's tough to make a judgement, maybe those closer to the action at that point have a view. However, the rules state the following:-

13) If you do have a little accident with another racer, and you know it was your fault, give up your position to them soon as possible, if it is safe to do so.

With that in mind and given the fact that Kyle has accepted responsibility for the incident I guess whether Kyle should have given the position back depends on whether he was actually in a position to give the position back 'safely'. Again drivers in and around the incident will be better placed to comment.

That is actually a very good point, i could not essentially slow down for 3 other cars to pass me at that point because it was dangerous, however i did serve my drive through penalty and ended up behind him on the track, i really had nowhere else to put the car, it was just an unfortunate racing accident, which could have been avoided, but that is racing i suppose.

If other drivers feel strongly that i should get some kind of further penalty for this, then i have one in mind, to essentially teach myself a lesson, but there is no point in giving any kind of time penalty because i was almost a minute in front of Dutch at the end, a grid position drop would be way too harsh.

The only penalty i could think of giving myself is to ban myself from being allowed to qualify in Hungary.. but at the same time there has been many little accidents like this before, we will be seeing a ton of similar penalties in the future if drivers realize they can essentially penalize others for these little racing incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back