F1 2012 F1 2012 Demo

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
looks like the cameras can be modded just fine ;)
8PHyi.jpg

Haven't driven around much as I have some issues with FFB on my CSR Elite (similar to Paul & Gnu UK). In general I am OK with the FFB, the Mclaren understeers and I can feel that throughout the corner. It feels similar to what a road car does when you get understeer (there is a 'cliff' then steering goes slacker, not 100% slack, just close to zero feel). But coming out of the hairpin and the chicanes the wheel tugs right. I also have the crazy jolts on the straights (especially after the 1st chicane).

I tried rolling back to FW737 since I am on the latest 750Beta but the issues remain. Switching the wheel to G25 mode helps: tug effect is gone from the corners but I still get jolts on the straights (though not as strong).

in case anyone else wants to try here is instructions on how to use G25 mode:
1. uninstall Fanatec drivers
2. power on wheel go into PC mode (hold back)
3. go into PS3 mode (back and connect button)
4. install logitech drivers

So, I see that I'm a lot slower than in 2011 - how do you guys shift in 2012? Shifting down is pretty slow now.

This is true, 2 gear shifts in quick succession does not happen anymore. Looks like they have implemented a minimum time limit between shifts.

Is this how is works in real F1 cars? Seriously doubt it, but I could be wrong...

The handling of the game is going to be different in the released game so don't spend too long trying to get a wheel setup as you will only have to do it all over again.

The game for sure is different though and will take some getting used to but over all I feel more positive now than I did after an hours gameplay. If only the FFB was better.

looks like the cameras can be modded just fine ;)
8PHyi.jpg

Haven't driven around much as I have some issues with FFB on my CSR Elite (similar to Paul & Gnu UK). In general I am OK with the FFB, the Mclaren understeers and I can feel that throughout the corner. It feels similar to what a road car does when you get understeer (there is a 'cliff' then steering goes slacker, not 100% slack, just close to zero feel). But coming out of the hairpin and the chicanes the wheel tugs right. I also have the crazy jolts on the straights (especially after the 1st chicane).

I tried rolling back to FW737 since I am on the latest 750Beta but the issues remain. Switching the wheel to G25 mode helps: tug effect is gone from the corners but I still get jolts on the straights (though not as strong).

in case anyone else wants to try here is instructions on how to use G25 mode:
1. uninstall Fanatec drivers
2. power on wheel go into PC mode (hold back)
3. go into PS3 mode (back and connect button)
4. install logitech drivers

Yeah, it seems they can. I could mod the database and now I could open the scenario. It seems that they've made it mod-open. :D

Will have to check over the next couple of days to see how the Xbox 360 and Fanatec wheel combo compare with regard to FFB etc.
I've only tried it on the pad so far but really want to get the wheel on it to see how it feels with proper steering.

Old age perhaps??

:x3:

No, don't think so - lost quite a few seconds. :)

I think I'm shifting "the wrong way" because I'm afraid of blowing the engine up immediately.

This is true, 2 gear shifts in quick succession does not happen anymore. Looks like they have implemented a minimum time limit between shifts.

Is this how is works in real F1 cars? Seriously doubt it, but I could be wrong...

Indeed and I'm interested in how quick I can shift without causing any mechanical problems to the car. :)

im lovin this game huge improvement over 2011, had to set my g27 up from top to bottom to get it to my liking. so far the only thing i dont like is the surface in the rain it looks like a slushy icey road with nice lookin puddles,hope they fix that

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 107 27.0%
  • Full game

Votes: 89 22.5%
  • CPU

Votes: 47 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 75 18.9%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 42 10.6%