AMS2 F USA @ Estoril, Tuesday 2nd August, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Sorry I missed this. Just unable to get onto pc tonight as a bunch of family turned up.. Nice but curtailed my racing. I bought the DLC at full price too, just for tonight . Seems from the posts it went well. Take care guys. See you hopefully Thursday.

I think very fast open wheeler races are always going to have incidents due the different levels of driver skill(and equipment to a certain extent)and lack of brake lights, it makes it very difficult to judge braking points if you are close behind another car, you also seem to lose some downforce so braking is less effective.
I was victim in race 1 and villian in race 2. Apologies to Jan for T1 in race 2, unlike me, I'm usually braking early in the first lap of any race.

Man, that was fun. I love the intensity of these cars, everything about them just screams "**** you, I'm a racecar and I want to kill you" :D

First race was a bit of a catch-up execise after the T1 punt, but I got a good overtake done into T1 on @The Almighty Snark a lap or two later, which was nice.

The second race was a complete surprise to me - did not think I'd get as good a start as I did and that I would stay in the lead after that. Wondered what happened to @Andrew Leach and @Jan Larsen as they were suddenly not in my mirror anymore, but as I was sweating about the decision to stick with softs for the race, it was nice to be able to take it easy for the final laps :)

I did save the replay of the second race but streamed the entire event on my Twitch. However, beware of ze use of German, ja? :D

Thanks again to everyone for an enormously fun event!

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this. Just unable to get onto pc tonight as a bunch of family turned up.. Nice but curtailed my racing. I bought the DLC at full price too, just for tonight . Seems from the posts it went well. Take care guys. See you hopefully Thursday.
I always look at ourchasing DLC as enabler for the development to keep upgrading and adding cool stuff. So full price you gave them extra motivation :)

I think very fast open wheeler races are always going to have incidents due the different levels of driver skill(and equipment to a certain extent)and lack of brake lights, it makes it very difficult to judge braking points if you are close behind another car, you also seem to lose some downforce so braking is less effective.
I was victim in race 1 and villian in race 2. Apologies to Jan for T1 in race 2, unlike me, I'm usually braking early in the first lap of any race.
Agreed, combined with the fact tha we only race them occaisionaly. More practise would result in cleaner races.

Must also say, as the cars were a new experience to most of us and they are very fast and a tad twitchy, that mixed with a superb but technical track made for perhaps a " baptism by fire". I'm just sorry I couldn't make it. Next time is obviously going to be unmissable.

Latest News

Back