AMS2 F USA @ Estoril, Tuesday 2nd August, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Hi guys. Just woke up from anasthesia. I dont think driving a 1000 pk car in a few hours is realistic . Have to skip this one. Really hate it. The combo was great as is the turn up of drivers. Hope to see you all this Thursday in the Caterham.

Yeah, take it easy Guido.
As these are very powerful cars, I highly recommend that everyone practices some race starts. We have had issues on race starts before:cautious:

#I'm going to disable the mechanical damage, as more than a couple of race starts will destroy the clutch! Also, the damge model is lowered to 25% Performance impacting.

Last edited:
Q1 - I may have missed the bottom portion of Qly.
q1.jpg
R1
RDR1.jpg

Q2
Q2.jpg

R2
RDR2.jpg

So fast, so furious. I need a lie down. Next week is the 86 Stocks again.

Man that was tough. I had to turn down the FFB for second race as my left arm was killing me because I kept leaving my right hand on the shifter!

Had a bit of a 'mare in the second race and kept making silly mistakes. Not sure who it was, but very sorry for the shunt at Orelha. Had some good battles throughout with @Munkyboo, although it was a bit touch and go a few times due to the lag between us!

Hopefully have a slightly more sedate race on Thursday :D

Thanks for organising @Redvaliant :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Redvaliant, Daniel, did I touch you in race two? I saw you run wide, but I didnt feel a touch. It was close though.

@Andrew Leach So sorry, it was a very gentle touch on my side, but I did bump you and for that I apoligies profusely. It ruined what could have been a three way fight for the win :(

Race 1 and 2 was a total cluster**** in T1 with people simply not braking in time. I dodged it in race 1, but got heavily involved in race 2, not once, but twice. The replay showing the carnage both times involved some really shoddy driving/braking. I know these are fast cars, but they're easy to control on the brakes, so please do better next time so we can avoid these sorta things.

Np Jan you were faster than me.
I hope that people learn that lap 1 and T1 are like your outlap in practice - cold tyres and brakes and the ideal line is just not available in traffic. Sure, go hard off the line, but leave room for early braking especially into the first few corners. Race two I started last and was in 4th by the 3rd corner as there was the usual late braking into T1 and people running wide. I don't want to penalise anyone for poor driving as we are really a friendly club series, but the next few races have to be better off the start.

Last edited:
I was lucky and avoided the carnage at T1 in R1. Does anyone have a replay to share? I forgot to save mine. Not looking to attribute blame, more looking to learn what to avoid.

In fairness to this group, that is the first time I have seen proper carnage in T1 after 7 months of racing with you all

Good to know that you guys had fin in this combo. Doong some AI racestart practise myself. Carnave was a huge factor. Even the AI cant keep ot save most of the time . After 3 restarts I learned to just to ease off first 3 corners and then slowely pick 1 AI car at the time. Difficulylt though because they seem to go faster on straight, but slower in corner (and braking).
Looking forward for a filled grid this Thursdau guys… let the sign ups begin

Don’t have the replay but In race 1 I think I probably misjudged the speed into T1 compared to car in front of me. I did brake early like at more than 150m, but they did even earlier. It would have been fine had i slowed down a bit earlier given the speed difference.

Second race I was afraid of causing another incident so ended up being too conservative and slow and I got punted from behind.
I lost track of when the corner was coming up, but I still think being slow, still would have ended up close behind the car in front during T1 regardless.

Then when I went through the turn I didn’t see Jan rejoining from another separate crash in front and so had another collision…

@GeekyDeaks yes good race but I guess mainly your mistakes made me able to keep at a similar pace
I also hit @Eric S I think at the same turn I think and was worse, so sorry Eric.
I had noticed you started braking quite early there each lap so I tried to adjust, but wasn’t enough or maybe also combination of a bit of lag. I think I should have just changed my line a bit instead.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back