AMS2 F USA @ Estoril, Tuesday 2nd August, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Man this car and track combi is demanding.
Ben gentle on the throttle, I've gravitated towards the Reynards Honda and that thing KICKS if you put the throttle down in first. This probably has to do with the engine boost being at 100%. Which gives you a lot of almost instantanious power when it kicks in but also makes the rear slide plus it degrades the engine slightly faster. Though I am not 100% sure how engine damage is modelled in these vehicles.

Going to run some tests with a lowered boost, ARB at the front is at full I think, with the rear at minimums to allow it as much traction as possible and create some understeer. Though I have applied some front wing and reduced rear wing slightly.

I also got a fast#### from the time trials page but haven't given that a go yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben gentle on the throttle, I've gravitated towards the Reynards Honda and that thing KICKS if you put the throttle down in first. This probably has to do with the engine boost being at 100%. Which gives you a lot of almost instantanious power when it kicks in but also makes the rear slide plus it degrades the engine slightly faster. Though I am not 100% sure how engine damage is modelled in these vehicles.

Going to run some tests with a lowered boost, ARB at the front is at full I think, with the rear at minimums to allow it as much traction as possible and create some understeer. Though I have applied some front wing and reduced rear wing slightly.

I also got a fast 1:22 setup from the time trials page but haven't given that a go yet.
I went the other way, full wing front and back, reduced arb some at front and increased at the back. Worked better for me. The Honda is a hnadfull, agree. But he Max is driving with it and wins while doing donuts halfway into race…. Gotta go with the winning team, most important strategy on this level (the Redvaliant racingseries that is).

Last edited:
Btw. Did you guys see that we organized a cooldown session on Thursday? Letting your hair out on Laguna beach in the Catherham. Give us a go id you can…

Last edited:
Here's what I've found setup wise:

- Full wing, you can almost take the last corner flat, apart from entry. The speed penalty is negligable.
- Softs should last 25 minutes.
- Fuel usage is quite high, 5L a lap'ish :O_o:.
- Gearing can help driving the car. Experiment with it. I've changed mine completely to much closer to try and get rid of the turbo spool between gears on acceleration.
- Brake bias to 53/47, its about as close as I dare before the car gets wiggly. Default pressure.
- If you can, adjust your wheel sensitivity settings to quite high, calms the car down.
- Diff preload to 0, makes it easier to feather the throttle.
- Front ARB to 10, rear to 7. Good balance.

Last edited:
Skins for everyone! Everyone gets a skin!
Choose wisely - make sure they are not already taken..#97 Panasonic for instance. So, # 97 is taken, #2 is taken, 26 & 27 are taken, # 40 is taken, # 32# is taken.
Jan, which car is Gregg Moore? I don't see #99 So 32 it is. #96 is taken.
2KIndy2.jpg

2KIndy1.jpg

Last edited:
Skins for everyone! Everyone gets a skin!
Choose wisely - make sure they are not already taken..#97 Panasonic for instance. So, # 97 is taken, #2 is taken, 26 & 27 are taken, # 40 is taken, # 32# is taken.
Jan, which car is Gregg Moore? I don't see #99 So 32 it is. #96 is taken.
View attachment 588246
View attachment 588247
Can I bagsy #96 then please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Back