AMS2 F USA @ Estoril, Tuesday 2nd August, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Club Staff
Premium
RD-R6.jpg

Join us Tuesday for some Indy Car action at the former Portuguese GP tack Estoril. These are probably the fastest cars we will ever race on our Tuesday night club races. They are early aughts, turbo boosted monsters with stupid amounts of power and daft levels of downforce. They are, in a word, AWESOME! Estoril is one of the great older GP tracks within AMS2, fast & flowing, and with one of the great final corners in all of racing.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 Indy Car
Server Password: nicey
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X2 tyre wear, light cloud
Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Gears, Factory Defaults
Track: Cascais + Alternate
Cars: Formula USA Gen 3

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Liveries https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cart-2000-liveries-f-usa-gen3-custom-driver-ai.49018/

cart-2000-previews-jpg.547323

2KIndy2.jpg

Time Table

Race 1.
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC (25 minutes)

Race 2. Alternate layout
Practice: 20:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:15 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 20:20 UTC (25 minutes)
ss120314.jpg

Entry List
  1. Redvaliant #97
  2. T1MKO #10
  3. Guido Trampe #2
  4. Paul_V
  5. Ingemar Petersson
  6. Yannik Haustein #40
  7. GeekyDeaks #96
  8. arthurrozendom
  9. Lloyd Johnston
  10. Munkyboo
  11. The Almighty Snark
  12. RFFN-Mystikal #26
  13. Bas Kriesels #27
  14. Jan Larsen #32
  15. max1966i #16
  16. Andrew Leach #17
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot

Last edited:
Hey Tim. Yeah, it's something this track, and these cars are sooo fast. I find the Gen 3s the most grippy of the Indy cars, but also the most powerful, so practice and setup may be important. I'll test them later and report any findings on how best to use them.

Hi All,
I've been giving these cars a try out. Not sure yet whether I can do them justice, but know they are gonna be fun.
Cars menu says they have adjustable turbo.. where in AMS2 can I find the correct option to be able to setup some buttons/keys.????

Did a quick Google, but perhaps it's a bug or common problem as there are a few mentions of it but no solution?

Thought I might ask here because I had issues finding the boost button for the Stock V8s

Paul.

Hi All,
I've been giving these cars a try out. Not sure yet whether I can do them justice, but know they are gonna be fun.
Cars menu says they have adjustable turbo.. where in AMS2 can I find the correct option to be able to setup some buttons/keys.????

Did a quick Google, but perhaps it's a bug or common problem as there are a few mentions of it but no solution?

Thought I might ask here because I had issues finding the boost button for the Stock V8s

Paul.
Hi Paul, the turbo is not adjustable in the cockpit, you set it in the setup menu. It is @ 100% by default. There is no push-to-pass on the Supercar V8s, but the modern stockcars have it. If a car does have boost or PTP, then there is a lightning bolt icon on your mini hud which is highlighted when available. You need to assign a boost button in the controls menu.

Last edited:
Hi Paul, the turbo is not adjustable in the cockpit, you set it in the setup menu. It is @ 100% by default. There is no push-to-pass on the Supercar V8s, but the modern stockcars have it. If a car does have boost or PTP, then there is a lightnig bolt icon on your mini hud which is highlighted when available. You need to assign a boost button in the controls menu.
Thanks mate. That all sorted then.

I have put the server up with a change of layouts between the two races: Race 2 is using the alternate layout. The only difference is in the 3rd to last corner, where you bypass the funky uphill chicane, by instead going through a fast right hand corner. I was going to change to the alternate version for both, but I kinda like that chicane, even if it is a bit of a handul in these cars.

Latest News

Back