FM4 Clio Championship S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Clio.png

I have worked out most the details for the Clio Championship, see below.
I also need some info from anyone interested in signing up, see below.

Car: Renault Sports Clio V6 (Stock)
Assists: To be announced
Upgrades: Banned
Setup: Allowed

Tracks (11)
Sebring International Raceway - Club (1.70 Mi)
Mugello – Club (1.79 Mi)
Sedona Raceway Park – Club (2.02 Mi)
Silverstone - International (2.25 Mi)
Indianapolis - The Brickyard Speedway (Oval) (2.50 Mi)
Bernese Alps – Club (2.52 Mi)
Road Atlanta - Full (2.54 Mi)
Suzuka - West (2.15 Mi)
Twin RIng Motegi - East (1.88 Mi)
Circuit de Catalunya - National (1.85 Mi)
Laguna Seca (2.24 Mi)

Info
  • There will be 1 test event before the Championship starts, points will not be counted for this event.
  • Each race event will be 2 heats, with 10 laps each heat.
  • Heat 1 Normal grid (random I think).
  • Heat 2 reverse grid.
  • It will auto load Heat 2 I have no control over that.
  • Events should be no longer than 50 minutes for both heats.
  • I will set the timeout to 2 minutes after the first person has crossed the line.
  • Teams will be allowed. (It will be the case of picking another driver to make the team up and I will do the points after the race).
  • Events will be once every 2 weeks and start at 8.30pm UK time.
  • This will be open to all Licensed Members.
Info I need from people interested in signing up
Do you want to allow all assists, or just set ones, if so what ones?
Driving/braking line will be turned on as I use it.

How do you want to handle connection issues?
I am thinking allow 10 minutes for connection issues, so that is 1 hour in total, but I would like to hear your ideas. I will open the lobby 10 / 15 minutes before the event starts.

2nd 8
3rd 6
4th 5
5th 4
6th 3
7th 2
8th 1
Fastest lap 1

Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback or questions please post them, I would like to hear them :D.

Signed up
clio_signups.png

Reserved Numbers
Dylan Hember - 7
Derek McCord - 14
Andrew Skinner - 22

Race Calendar
clio_calendar.png

Guys, just a humble opinion.
If we go for every crash, a restart, it could lead us to be less careful because we know that if we screw it, we can
start all over again. I agree with a restart if a huge carnage happen, but if there is a crash with two or three drivers,
maybe is better to carry on. Next time we all pay more attention and care to first laps.
Lets please, try to keep things as near as possible as the real races?

What do you guys think of, when a crash occurs, the people that have a MIC, see if a Yellow flag is justified
and tell it to all (unfortunatly I only hear Tom, so Tom must tell it aswell), then, everybody hold the positions
for a lap, who has damage to repair goes to pits, with everybody running slow, it will allow those who went
to pits catch up the field at the back positions. On the next lap, the lider can go for a green flag and carry on
the race. Do you think this is possible? It's as close as to real races anyway.
I believe this would make drivers be a bit more careful and add a bit more of realism also.

Reactions: Gaz
My view of the restarts is that i think its the nature of the track and the reverse grid really. The Alps has fast sweeping bends for these Clios and in theory having the "quicker" guys at the back dictates very close racing for the first few laps. One mistake by someone near the front leads to contact which leads to unavoidable carnage driving round these fast bends.On "Normal" tracks I think there would be less of an issue. All I would say is that when a mistake is made, i.e. ran wide, we must be aware of others when returning to the "racing/normal line" which im sure caused a couple of the restarts. If you make a mistake, you`ve got to take your medicine!

Which lead us to the main subject.
If I make a mistake, I should pay for it. I think that the Yellow flag rule could be tested, I bet it would work nicely.
Allowing the damage cars to pit for repairs, yet having time to exit pits and join the field.

Round - 5 Bernese Alps

Qualifying Report/Starting Position -

Race 1 Report - got an ok start but didn't get chance for a warn up before the race so i was going in cold. This cost me big because
i had a couple of scrapes with the wall, which cost me big. I was stuck in 7th then.

Race 2 Report - I had some good starts from 3rd in all of the restarts. On the final (4th i think) start I had an ok start, had some battles then came the first courner accident - which in my opinion was completely avoidable, I think it was Zero risk at the front who was slow into the courner spotted this early and went out side - i was lining up for 1st then zero got hit from behind and spun him out into me. As Tom said on friday if you were cautious on this track you lost massive time, but then we all make mistakes and when your in close company - nad things happen!

Round Summary - Dissapointing really. As far as restarts go, I dont think there should be any unless of massive connection issues/game setup issues. If half the field gets wiped out then we limp back to the pits, get the cars drivable and race on, people might think a bit more carefully about challenging and defending aggresively.

Round Summary - Dissapointing really. As far as restarts go, I dont think there should be any unless of massive connection issues/game setup issues. If half the field gets wiped out then we limp back to the pits, get the cars drivable and race on, people might think a bit more carefully about challenging and defending aggresively.
Completely agreed.

As far as restarts go, I dont think there should be any unless of massive connection issues/game setup issues. If half the field gets wiped out then we limp back to the pits, get the cars drivable and race on, people might think a bit more carefully about challenging and defending aggresively.
That's all well and good when the guys causing the accident are the ones who get wiped out, the main reason (for me) why to pull the red flag is that in lap 1 incidents all too often many many innocents are collected in the carnage and have their races ruined by the few who were over anxious. The number of times I've had to brake earlier/harder in to turn 1 because I see some nonsense unfolding in front of me that I'm being cautious about and someone careens through the back of me I can't even remember. And there's plenty of times on lap 1 where people are two abreast through turns and doing so safely until someone nudges the inside guys breaking his traction loose and he collects the outside guy who was doing absolutely nothing wrong/aggressive/overly-optimistic.

Another problem is the lack of replays when you do this red flag business. No evidence etc..

As Tom says these big offs take out the innocents too often, the concertina effect did me twice on Fri, cars practically at a dead stop in front of me due to their evasive manoeuvres leaving me nowhere to go but straight into the car in front despite my efforts todo otherwise. Not laying blame, just saying that in close racing like we had, one error can collect half the field. We don't have the luxury of instant televised replays to resolve issues quickly so need to decide in game based on RD rules whether or not a restart is required

If there is a decision on this will it apply across all leagues or just this one? Is there a standard RD rule for restarts?

That's all well and good when the guys causing the accident are the ones who get wiped out, the main reason (for me) why to pull the red flag is that in lap 1 incidents all too often many many innocents are collected in the carnage and have their races ruined by the few who were over anxious. The number of times I've had to brake earlier/harder in to turn 1 because I see some nonsense unfolding in front of me that I'm being cautious about and someone careens through the back of me I can't even remember. And there's plenty of times on lap 1 where people are two abreast through turns and doing so safely until someone nudges the inside guys breaking his traction loose and he collects the outside guy who was doing absolutely nothing wrong/aggressive/overly-optimistic.

I agree, and I'm often over-cautious at the start of races because of potential incidents, but the only 100% fair way of doing it is to not have restarts, really. This happens in all forms of racing, including real racing: sometimes the guilty party doesn't come off the worst. Stefan is the perfect example of this in the 2nd heat: his car was practically a write-off even though he tried to give the incident he could see unfolding a wide-berth. It's just unfortunate, but it's twice as frustrating if it's the third restart and you're the only one that suffers. It's much easier to accept if you know that there won't be a restart.

People are more likely to be cautious if they know there won't be a restart under any circumstances. Plus, as Wayne said, there will be replays, so if you feel someone went into a turn one too aggressively and caused an incident then the stewards can maybe have a word.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 123 27.7%
  • Full game

Votes: 103 23.2%
  • CPU

Votes: 55 12.4%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 81 18.2%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 50 11.3%