FM4 Clio Championship S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Clio.png

I have worked out most the details for the Clio Championship, see below.
I also need some info from anyone interested in signing up, see below.

Car: Renault Sports Clio V6 (Stock)
Assists: To be announced
Upgrades: Banned
Setup: Allowed

Tracks (11)
Sebring International Raceway - Club (1.70 Mi)
Mugello – Club (1.79 Mi)
Sedona Raceway Park – Club (2.02 Mi)
Silverstone - International (2.25 Mi)
Indianapolis - The Brickyard Speedway (Oval) (2.50 Mi)
Bernese Alps – Club (2.52 Mi)
Road Atlanta - Full (2.54 Mi)
Suzuka - West (2.15 Mi)
Twin RIng Motegi - East (1.88 Mi)
Circuit de Catalunya - National (1.85 Mi)
Laguna Seca (2.24 Mi)

Info
  • There will be 1 test event before the Championship starts, points will not be counted for this event.
  • Each race event will be 2 heats, with 10 laps each heat.
  • Heat 1 Normal grid (random I think).
  • Heat 2 reverse grid.
  • It will auto load Heat 2 I have no control over that.
  • Events should be no longer than 50 minutes for both heats.
  • I will set the timeout to 2 minutes after the first person has crossed the line.
  • Teams will be allowed. (It will be the case of picking another driver to make the team up and I will do the points after the race).
  • Events will be once every 2 weeks and start at 8.30pm UK time.
  • This will be open to all Licensed Members.
Info I need from people interested in signing up
Do you want to allow all assists, or just set ones, if so what ones?
Driving/braking line will be turned on as I use it.

How do you want to handle connection issues?
I am thinking allow 10 minutes for connection issues, so that is 1 hour in total, but I would like to hear your ideas. I will open the lobby 10 / 15 minutes before the event starts.

2nd 8
3rd 6
4th 5
5th 4
6th 3
7th 2
8th 1
Fastest lap 1

Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback or questions please post them, I would like to hear them :D.

Signed up
clio_signups.png

Reserved Numbers
Dylan Hember - 7
Derek McCord - 14
Andrew Skinner - 22

Race Calendar
clio_calendar.png

Round - 5 Bernese Alps

Qualifying Report/Starting Position - 7th ish? For R1

Race 1 Report - managed to keep clean, pretty uneventful. Ran Tom close for 5th but was never going to get past unless he made an error and he didn't. Well done Tom. Got 6th.

Race 2 Report - lost count of the restarts because of red flag, was it 4? Eventually we managed to get lap 1 done but there was still a lot of action though I was lucky and missed it. Ran a steady race from 5th, pipped a couple of places and got 3rd. Tremendous chase with Paulo who got 2nd. 0.2 secs behind him at the finish line.

Round Summary - Happy. Probably my most successful series on RD to date. Smiley face.

Loved the footy afterwards as well, nice relaxer after a tense race.

Round - 5 Bernese Alps

Qualifying Report/Starting Position - 8th in both races

Race 1 Report - Got a decent start and decided to keep out of everyone's way as much as possible. Had a fair few practices with Stef beforehand and we realised how much of a killer damage is on this track and how easy it is to ruin your car, so wanted to finish without any!

Had a few decent laps catching the small pack in front before Paulo and Tom made a few mistakes. Got by Paulo when he ran wide at the bottom of the hill and them manage to outbrake Tom and slot in very nicely ahead in turn one. I was mainly just matching the pace of the guys in front after that. Bit disappointing that the gap was so big by the time I'd got my pace, was happy with third, though.

Race 2 Report - Really thought I was going to screwed by all the restarts! Had a decent start to the first attempt but got smashed against the wall and wrote the car off completely in attempt two. Three was ok, I think, but thankfully I avoided most of the drama in the final race!

I thought I was going to end up with a disappointing result when Tom ended up sideways on the inside of turn one, where I'd decided to try and creep around to avoid the incident. Thankfully (for me, anyway!), there was another, bigger incident straight after and I drove right by to end up in 3rd. Daz lost it at the bottom of the hill and I got by for second and I got by Paulo after he scraped down the wall before the bottom of the hill. My first Forza win, very happy!

Round Summary - Not the most exciting of races, but I certainly can't complain at the result. It looks like the practice paid off really, though mainly for making me aware of how much time you save by backing off and staying the hell away from the walls around here!

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.3%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 78 11.2%