FM4 Clio Championship S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Clio.png

I have worked out most the details for the Clio Championship, see below.
I also need some info from anyone interested in signing up, see below.

Car: Renault Sports Clio V6 (Stock)
Assists: To be announced
Upgrades: Banned
Setup: Allowed

Tracks (11)
Sebring International Raceway - Club (1.70 Mi)
Mugello – Club (1.79 Mi)
Sedona Raceway Park – Club (2.02 Mi)
Silverstone - International (2.25 Mi)
Indianapolis - The Brickyard Speedway (Oval) (2.50 Mi)
Bernese Alps – Club (2.52 Mi)
Road Atlanta - Full (2.54 Mi)
Suzuka - West (2.15 Mi)
Twin RIng Motegi - East (1.88 Mi)
Circuit de Catalunya - National (1.85 Mi)
Laguna Seca (2.24 Mi)

Info
  • There will be 1 test event before the Championship starts, points will not be counted for this event.
  • Each race event will be 2 heats, with 10 laps each heat.
  • Heat 1 Normal grid (random I think).
  • Heat 2 reverse grid.
  • It will auto load Heat 2 I have no control over that.
  • Events should be no longer than 50 minutes for both heats.
  • I will set the timeout to 2 minutes after the first person has crossed the line.
  • Teams will be allowed. (It will be the case of picking another driver to make the team up and I will do the points after the race).
  • Events will be once every 2 weeks and start at 8.30pm UK time.
  • This will be open to all Licensed Members.
Info I need from people interested in signing up
Do you want to allow all assists, or just set ones, if so what ones?
Driving/braking line will be turned on as I use it.

How do you want to handle connection issues?
I am thinking allow 10 minutes for connection issues, so that is 1 hour in total, but I would like to hear your ideas. I will open the lobby 10 / 15 minutes before the event starts.

2nd 8
3rd 6
4th 5
5th 4
6th 3
7th 2
8th 1
Fastest lap 1

Feedback and Questions
If you have any feedback or questions please post them, I would like to hear them :D.

Signed up
clio_signups.png

Reserved Numbers
Dylan Hember - 7
Derek McCord - 14
Andrew Skinner - 22

Race Calendar
clio_calendar.png

@kriss:

I've had a look back at our coming together on the last lap of Race 2 and I still feel you turned in too early to the corner, causing me to hit the sticky grass. I was right with you going into the corner so you should have given me some room. The move seemed very deliberate to me, looking from many different angles.

@Garry: Any chance you could have a look at this incident? I really feel that it was out of order.

Well disaster tht was!! R1 id forgotten id been drifting and had swapped my handbrake/clutch so as i pulled off the start line i crunched gears and pulled the brake, not very bright!!

R2 good start with my improvised controls but into turn 3ish Richard Hoddy went wide hit the wall which hit me took a few others out and the car was done!!!

Gutted lol!!! Nvm jus glad wer nt doin another!!

Well that wasn't a lot of fun really...

I was making up positions in both races from the start only for people to nudge me off almost immediately after passing them...

I thought this was supposed to be racing online for people that wanted fair racing?
I've faired better and lasted longer on track in random rooms full of teenagers...:confused:

Well that wasn't a lot of fun really...

I was making up positions in both races from the start only for people to nudge me off almost immediately after passing them...

I thought this was supposed to be racing online for people that wanted fair racing?
I've faired better and lasted longer on track in random rooms full of teenagers...:confused:

Yer dont think yesterday was our finest hour, main reason i dont like ovals!!! Hope the next road circuit goes better

@kriss:

I've had a look back at our coming together on the last lap of Race 2 and I still feel you turned in too early to the corner, causing me to hit the sticky grass. I was right with you going into the corner so you should have given me some room. The move seemed very deliberate to me, looking from many different angles.

@Garry: Any chance you could have a look at this incident? I really feel that it was out of order.
Dan I will look at it either this evening or tomorrow.

Managed to escape most of the carnage by being at the front or at the back.

Looked back at replay of R2's last lap, not sure what Rich H was doing when he almost took me off on the bend before the home straight. He had a lot of damage so that may be the reason for the erratic lines but he almost took Tom out as well just before the finish line. If your car is undriveable don't drive it! Didn't lose a place so no harm done but it could have been worse.

How about a new rule if the car is undrivable, either pull it over or quit out?
Bit disapointed with last night, race 1, decent start then too low on turn 1 and got on the sticky grass, Doh! made some places back to 5th.
Race 2, good start, shaping up to have a good scrap with Chris when we got collected by Richards argument with the wall, thats racing though, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. had serious damage, limped to the pits but still undriveable without being a mobile chicane to all others so decided to quit in fear of ruining someone elses race. Which leads me to Garrys point, if ya cars that bad why carry on? get out of there and let the able race!

@kriss:

I have looked at it and I get the feel kriss knew you was there and did take the corner early knowing you was there, whether it was on purpose or not I am not sure.

I have havel given a penalty of -3 points to Krzysztof Lipczynski / LKRISS22 as this is his first penalty, and award the 3 points to Dan Smith / MysticViibrosis

I have looked at it and I get the feel kriss knew you was there and did take the corner early knowing you was there, whether it was on purpose or not I am not sure.

I have havel given a penalty of -3 points to Krzysztof Lipczynski / LKRISS22 as this is his first penalty, and award the 3 points to Dan Smith / MysticViibrosis

Thanks for taking the time to look this over Garry. Much appreciated!!

definately not the norm, weve had some fantastic racing in this series. I think its just ovals with these cars inparticular aswell, you had to be fully commited to the courner to maintain speed, if you backed off slightly you were no where, and at full speed it was very easy to understeer, at least this is what i found.

Clio.png

Car: Renault Sports Clio V6 (Stock)
Track: Bernese Alps Club
Laps: 2 Heats x 10 laps

• 2nd 8
  • 3rd 6
  • 4th 5
  • 5th 4
  • 6th 3
  • 7th 2
  • 8th 1
  • Fastest lap 1
Assist:TCS: Off, STM: Off, ABS: Off. All other assits are allowed.
Upgrades: Banned
Setups: Allowed

Start Time: Lobby open at 8:15pm BST (GMT +1) / UK Time. Race starts at 8:30pm BST (GMT +1) / UK Time.

*** TRY TO GET IN THE LOBBY FOR 8:15PM TO ALLOW FOR ANY CONNECTION ISSUES ***

Entrylist:
  1. Garry Pullen / Crazy BigGaz
  2. Tom Moreno / TomMoreno
  3. Wayne Thomas / DefytheMachine
  4. Dan Smith / MysticViibrosis
  5. Steve Freeman / FREAKSTER69
  6. Daz Webb / Dazmaniac360
  7. Paulo Ribeiro / pribeiro66
  8. Krzysztof Lipczynski / LKRISS22
  9. Chris Bell / Bellmond570
  10. Ash Kendall / GetUpKidAK