AC Classic Races: Lotus 25@Donington 1938, Tue 4th July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Maybe here next week

Maybe here next week

Colin,

It's on my list but I didn't test it yet. Will you do that? Things like track limits, kerbs and pitstop. And off course if it's a nice track to race.

Nice job on hosting your 1st race event Colin--and thank you. Although very challenging, that was an enjoyable track and car combo.. Other than running off the track to let Steve by (face-palm) I somehow survived an incredible +/- 30 laps without any major, suspension crushing incidents.

I'll take that as a good day on the track!

1980s era F1 car at Prince George (or Zolder '67) sounds good to me. But I would also like to make a request to bring back the 'porknose' at some point too.

Also, for anyone craving more classic car action, don't forget the Group C night time race at Daytona Road Course we have scheduled on Friday.

Last edited:
:whistling:Thanks Colin for hosting and well done podium guys.

I was in 4th place for most of the race and going much better than at Bremgarten last week when with two laps to go, I dropped a wheel off the track at McLeans and spun around several times.:(

Thomas and Steve K went past but overall happy with performance. I didn’t use Allan’s set up but will give it a try if we use these again.

We are really spoilt for choice now with GT on Sunday’s, Classic cars on Tuesday, MX5/Abarth on Wednesday, Formula Agile on Thursday and now Dominic running various combinations on Fridays ( Group C at Daytona this week.
I got to thinking though, has the club ever run modern Touring cars? I know the current offerings are mostly FWD ( with the exception of the BMW) but running them offline, they do seem to provide some close and exciting racing. There was the TCR series on Sgp a while back and those cars were available on RD. I know they were mostly the same physics underneath different skins but they do go well imo.
Just a thought! :whistling:

I don't recall us ever racing those TCR cars, but despite being a little lower quality visually, drive nicely and allow for big grids :thumbsup: Being BOPd against each other makes them nice to drive against too. Those BTCCs, brian ran a couple races last winter? and they're really great (that Nissan :inlove:). Much harder to handle than the TCR, but a much more raw drive. I'm up for either.
BTCC = lotus 49
TCR = lotus 25

As for the race, I got lucky today with some small accidents ahead of me which I was able to get past untouched. Had some good fights along the way. Gave steve a harder than usual move into T1 :confused: trying to keep up to Allan but in the end I couldn't hang on to his pace. Meanwhile Richard was flying up front today, well done. And to the rest of us for just surviving :laugh:

Thanks for hosting Collin, great combo :thumbsup: Hoping my schedule stays open on tuesdays. Enjoying the workout of the classic cars :)

Last edited:
Well done Colin, a great time had by all.
I was really enjoying my race only losing out after many laps to Robert when he was able to avoid an accident that i could not. Never mind i thought, i am still in the front half. Thomas came past me at the end of the long straight later on and in my effort to get back to him i over cooked it on the downhill curves and found myself with a destroyed car in one of those lovely ditches. Teleport back to pit for a fix also added a lot of fuel and my race was now in effect all but over.
I did continue because i am stupid and was convincing myself i was still having fun.
Thanks Allan for the setup and also thanks for the slip of the tongue that you dont actually use it yourself and that toe needs to be the opposite for crossplys . :roflmao:

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm happy to put anything on for Tuesday and I'm sure Dominic will do the same on Friday.

There is one combo I really want to do with the Lotus 25 before we move on to others cars....
Just drove the Prince George track with the 25 and it is a great match. Could we not just master this excellent but difficult car before we start darting here and there? There is plenty of period tracks we can use. Maybe turn it into a championship Colin?

Sorry folks, I made a last minute call not to race this as I was a danger to myself and others. I was spending more time in the fences and trees than on track, even entering a parallel universe through a wormhole at one point...

I will need to practice with this car a lot more, specifically how to brake :D

Latest News

Back