AC Classic F1 cars@Imola 1988, Fri 21st July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Really? I'm 6 seconds faster per lap in the RSS compared to the first Lotus on the timing sheets :p
yes, i noticed that.. but at this point, i'm just going to keep it on there. i don't know if anyone will go with the lotus, but it's there just in case.

also, i don't know if anyone did some serious laps in it, probably @Kek700 could extract some lap times closer to yours out of it :ninja:

Nooooo, that is most impressive.

That time for me is a big “tall” order, perhaps Allan or Robert are better placed than me to attempt that time, in the MP4, or maybe try and lap consistently in the RSS.

Even if I could get near that time ( which i cannot )in the RSS, I could not keep it on the circuit for 25min with out having my eyeballs on sticks.:roflmao::roflmao: I just do not have the feeling in my feet to attempt that, I can get within 2 seconds, and every time I get the traction to eat into that 2 seconds, I cannot get the throttle response accuracy to capitalise on what would have been a ramping delta. So i visit the scenery for a rest.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Happy to race in the lotus is you want a "see how it goes " trial run.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ernie, but in F1 cars I'll never be getting a call from Red Bull or Mercedes. Maybe Alfa Romeo if I'm lucky :roflmao:

I need more weight over the tires to really "feel" the road with how I drive.

Will spend some time later with the RSS car later though on the practice server. Tried it on Sunday, and I think the set up was locked to Qualify tires. Maybe that has something to do with the drastically different lap times?

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ernie, but in F1 cars I'll never be getting a call from Red Bull or Mercedes. Maybe Alfa Romeo if I'm lucky :roflmao:

I need more weight over the tires to really "feel" the road with how I drive.

Will spend some time later with the RSS car later though on the practice server. Tried it on Sunday, and I think the set up was locked to Qualify tires. Maybe that has something to do with the drastically different lap times?
Yes I fixed the issue with the tire selection. They should all be available now. Not sure why that happened.

Btw I sent an email to the team at RSS to invite them to see their creation at work tomorrow. We’ll see if anyone on their staff shows up…

also, i don't know if anyone did some serious laps in it, probably @Kek700 could extract some lap times closer to yours out of it :ninja:
Hi Dominic,

I just managed a few quick laps in the Lotus and in my relatively slow mid pack hands it is quick and I’m sure someone like Laurent would get laps times well lower than mine. But that’s no surprise as it is based on a F1 car well out of period compared to the other ‘ Classics’ here.
If it comes down to drivability i’d take the Lotus for tonight but it’s then more of a multi class race. You could replace it with the Kunos Lotus T98 which is in period, turbo lag and all that stuff that the hero's of he day had to contend with.

I tried the RSS last night. trying to drive with turbo lag, h-pattern, clutch, heel and toeing was rather challenging. And very slow.

was tempted to use paddles, turn on auto clutch and auto blip, but our Nigel would not approve.
So slow and erratic it is tonight :cool:

Hi Dominic,

I just managed a few quick laps in the Lotus and in my relatively slow mid pack hands it is quick and I’m sure someone like Laurent would get laps times well lower than mine. But that’s no surprise as it is based on a F1 car well out of period compared to the other ‘ Classics’ here.
If it comes down to drivability i’d take the Lotus for tonight but it’s then more of a multi class race. You could replace it with the Kunos Lotus T98 which is in period, turbo lag and all that stuff that the hero's of he day had to contend with.
Hi Paul;
Thanks for the good input. Yes, so far my best lap on this track was done with the Lotus so I too found that it is actually pretty quick. Amazing what a difference the technology makes, much less horsepower than these 80s F1 cars but lap times are still pretty close, and MUCH easier to drive.

I know it's breaking the theme a bit to have this lotus in the mix, so actually it would be a good call to replace it with the T98. I had forgotten about that one! Can't have an 80s F1 race without that car! I will add it to the line up in case anyone wants to make a last minute switch.

I tried the RSS last night. trying to drive with turbo lag, h-pattern, clutch, heel and toeing was rather challenging. And very slow.

was tempted to use paddles, turn on auto clutch and auto blip, but our Nigel would not approve.
So slow and erratic it is tonight :cool:
Hey Taj; Good to see your commentary here, I was actually going to drop you a note to remind you about the race today and let you know that we had added that paid RSS car. Hope you didn't mind having to buy that one.;)

Personally, I did my best to try and get some decent lap times with the RSS car, but it got the best of me (not hard to do I admit). I just can't drive that car. I tip my hat to Laurent for pulling out those incredible lap times.
See you on the track!

Hey Joe,
Hope you're still in for the race today. We added a paid car to the line up (RSS 1986 V6), hope you don't mind. You will need to buy that content to join the race.
Hope to see you on the track!
Nice 1 mate I think I've always bought that car
Is the car the F1 Williams car

Latest News

Back