AC Classic F1 cars@Imola 1988, Fri 21st July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Fastest in the RSS by an easy second, generally easier to drive apart from the turbo mid engine whack, you have to be very careful.
To me they seem very similar, cannot say I preferer one to the other, apart from the RSS is quicker.

To sum up i would say RSS faster by at least a second, ( probably an easy, "more", if I put more than a dozen laps and some setup effort ) but a very tricky mid range, unless you really concentrate.

If battling with some one, very easy to get distracted, once you are at 9000rpm you have enough torque to flip it with ease at virtually any speed.

i was at 100% boost, cannot get my head around altering it on the fly, I doubt if there is any advantage there, except maybe stability. if you had a co pilot to adjust it whilst you are driving, now that's a thought.:O_o:

I have the RSS F1 1986 mod and a good one it is too , so I don't mind either way. But the lack of sound on the MP4 is a bit of a turn off.

As mentioned above, I think the Lotus Exos would be a good compromise, everyone will have it, relatively easy to get the hang of but still fast enough to give that F1 feel. I'm in either way.:thumbsup:

Seconded what Casper said about that RSS F3 car. I'm not a big open wheel racer, but that is a really great drive :thumbsup:

If anyone has a set up for any of the cars we might race that they'd like to share, I promise I wont outpace you with it on race day :roflmao:

ok, i was trying to keep the theme a bit retro / 80s but i went ahead and added the Lotus Exos 125 since it seems to be popular F1-ish car.

let me know what you think about how this all shakes out...

might have to change the name of this event to 'F1 Extravaganza'...

Last edited:
Not sure if it's a me or server issue, but it seems the friday server is now set up both on server 6 and 3? Server 3 was the sunday practice server. Just a heads up

Last edited:
All fixed :thumbsup: Thanks! Glad to have someone on the US "night crew" :D

I haven't given the Exos a go, but I'm finding a little confidence in the McClaren, I'm fine making everyone fight with 80s F1 cars :p But if more drivers will show up with the Exos there, that works too :)
hahah. yeah, that was my bad... didn't see i had the wrong server selected when i reloaded my event... i'll need to be more careful about that.

only trouble is, i think i wiped everyone's recorded lap times...! oh man. i guess you need to get out there and set the fastest lap times...! that will get everyone else fired up to jump in there and replace the fastest lap with their own... :D

Be sure to set it to 100% boost :)

I will try some laps tonight.
Ok yeah it was the boost. I cranked it up to 100% and holy crap! Wheel spin even in 3rd gear. Now I can barely keep it on the track.

Might have to go back to the MP4-4 or the Exos with my tail between my legs.

My hats off to anyone who can keep that thing under control…

only trouble is, i think i wiped everyone's recorded lap times...! oh man. i guess you need to get out there and set the fastest lap times...! that will get everyone else fired up to jump in there and replace the fastest lap with their own... :D
My lap time is still there or am I looking at the wrong server?

Latest News

Back