AC Classic F1 cars@Imola 1988, Fri 21st July 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1689405314791.png

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Drive the iconic McLaren MP4/4 on the historic layout of Imola 1988 or take the Formula RSS 1986 V6 for a spin!

Race format is 2x25 minutes.

We hope to see you on the grid!
This event will be hosted by Dominic Ballerino!

1200px-Imola_Circuit_1980-1995_Layout.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/028087f0-1903-429b-b3fe-afb399fb89f4?server=5 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 6 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 45 minutes - Official Practice
  • 20:50 CET, 19:50 BST (18:50 UTC) | 25 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 1
  • 21.50 CET, 20.50 BST (19.50 UTC) | 25 minutes- Race 2
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
Not my cup of tea,im all over the place...BUT i will give it a go..
your participation is greatly appreciated, as always. fyi, made some changes to the format, event will consist of 2 x 25 minute races (no pit). this should make it more manageable.

also the race will take place a little earlier, since there were too many shadows on track in late afternoon. better natural light on the track now.:cool:

For those who like this combo I highly recommend the RSS Formula 1986 ! You get a much better feeling from the car but it is also *a lot* more difficult to handle, at full power at least.
We can add that car if you guys would like, or replace the McClaren with that one. I would be okay to do that. Actually, I discovered there is a glitch with the mp4-4. Seems there is no exterior sound, I tried a race with AI and could not hear the other cars... Not sure how to fix this. I tried contacting creator for the McClaren mod but he hasn't been active here since around 2016...

Are you getting similar lap times with that car??

Hopefully, we can get at least 10 drivers for this event, otherwise, may need to cancel...

We can add that car if you guys would like, or replace the McClaren with that one. I would be okay to do that. Actually, I discovered there is a glitch with the mp4-4. Seems there is no exterior sound, I tried a race with AI and could not hear the other cars... Not sure how to fix this. I tried contacting creator for the McClaren mod but he hasn't been active here since around 2016...

Are you getting similar lap times with that car??

Hopefully, we can get at least 10 drivers for this event, otherwise, may need to cancel...
The mod has reviews about the sound issues as well.

Not sure about similar lap times, I didn't put much time into the McLaren MP4/4 mod because honestly I don't like it. It feels a bit bland.

On the other hand I might not be home this Friday.

yes, i saw those comments about the sound glitch too. might need to abandon that one.

in the meantime, i'm going to add the RSS 1986 F1 car. I hope we can pick up some more ppl on the grid and not lose drivers! hopefully, the fact that you need to purchase the car won't scare folks away. it's a hell of a value at 3.79 GBP, and a really nice car.

for anyone who is interested, you can buy and download it here:

https://racesimstudio.sellfy.store/p/formula-rss-1986-v6/

I'm fine with either, if not everyone has it I don't think it should be included for the race.

There's the Lotus Exos if you feel like going with an open wheeler everyone has(or was it part of a DLC?). The Formula RSS 3 V6 is free and quite excellent, Their vision of a F3 car with DRS.

VRC has a Jordan Ford 191 here at RD as another option and there's 3 different modern Ferrari F1 cars though I am quite sure those are DLC.

Plenty of choice if you feel like going with F1!

Latest News

Back