BeamNG.drive

Trains, Planes and Automobiles....just some of the many genres of transport to enjoy within BeamNG:inlove:

00 BeamNG Motion Blur RIVER HIGHWAY TRAIN Moonhawk WAGON near miss copy.jpg
00 BeamNG RIVER HIGHWAY with VARIOUS VEHICLES B25 & TRAIN copy.jpg
0 BeamNG IBEX CRAWLER & Gunner PATRIOT CLAYMORE at JOHNSONS VALLEY copy.jpg
0 BeamNG MOTION BLUR Render Options TRAIN at RIVER HIGHWAY copy.jpg
0 BeamNG TRAIN Crossing with MOONHAWK UTE Drag at RIVER HIGHWAY copy.jpg
2 BeamNG T880 FLATBED 2 Rescues at AUTOMATION copy.jpg
3 BeamNG RIVER HIGHWAY with VARIOUS VEHICLES B25 & TRAIN copy.jpg
3 BeamNG Yakuza Showroom SATSUMA 210 CRASH at ONOMICHI copy.jpg

So much to do and see....only in BeamNG:inlove:

If you have not tried it already, the Beam-Monsters mod is really awesome. Really fun to drive a monster truck. They are very well made! A lot to choose from also. And there is a ton of custom tracks available. Like this here, Clearwater Motorsports final track.

Screenshot 2024-08-16 132222.jpg

/edit: it can be hard to figure out what to install, check this vid:

Last edited:
If you have not tried it already, the Beam-Monsters mod is really awesome. Really fun to drive a monster truck. They are very well made! A lot to choose from also. And there is a ton of custom tracks available. Like this here, Clearwater Motorsports final track.

View attachment 776984
Thanks for that info Johan Folk, much appreciated:)....signed up and having a look around the site:D

Thanks for that info Johan Folk, much appreciated:)....signed up and having a look around the site:D
Thanks, glad I could inspire someone :) I added a video to my post, it can be hard to figure what to install. I concluded that it seemed best to install what the guy in the video did (crd, crc, fps fix, willman. Especially the first three seems to be some "base" package)
/edit: actually it seems to be enough with one of the frame packs and the fps one. Like crc+fps

Last edited:
Thanks, glad I could inspire someone :) I added a video to my post, it can be hard to figure what to install. I concluded that it seemed best to install what the guy in the video did (crd, crc, fps fix, willman. Especially the first three seems to be some "base" package)
/edit: actually it seems to be enough with one of the frame packs and the fps one. Like crc+fps

Having a quick play with the 'CRD' Pack and I must say there is a huge amount to choose from:geek:

Just going home for lunch in the 'Works Vehicle':roflmao:...parking is a bit tight where I live:confused::p

Not something you see everyday:roflmao:

0 BeamNG Yakuza Showroom MONSTER Lucus Stabilizer at ONOMICHI copy.jpg
1 BeamNG Yakuza Showroom MONSTER Lucus Stabilizer at ONOMICHI copy.jpg

Only in BeamNG:inlove:

Last edited:
BeamNG MP ( Multiplayer ) 'Race Manager' Mod by creator 'Randomminds'

- Set up Check Points
- Add / Spawn in props / baracades to Tracks when setting up a Track.
- Automatic Gridding
- Independent gridding
- Leader Boards
- Various Race Modes - traditional race circuits / point to point / smash up derbies / banger races
- Reset car ' Ghosting'
- Qualifying where everyones car is 'Ghosted' so no accidents.
....and more

Watch first 3 mins of You Tube video where creator 'Randomminds' talks about what it does:)

Last edited:
The BeamNG in game 'Motion Blur' effect does a fantastic job

Used the in-game 'Renderer Components' in 'World Editor' to get the Motion Blur effect on the below screenshots.
Access the Motion Blur here in World Editor by pressing 'F11'
3 BeamNG Gavril T Series World Editor RENDERER COMPONENTS Motion Blur in PATHS CAMERA TOOL.jpg

I set the 'Motion Blur' effect in Renderer Components to max at '3'....can reduce this to get less motion blur, ie 2 or 2.5 or even less.

2 BeamNG Yakuza Showroom IBUSHU MIRENA at ONOMICHI copy.jpg

Technique in the above screenshot, parked the 'Red' car in position, hit 'Record' and drove the 'Green' car past the red car trying to get a drift going....then using the 'Replay' footage to set up the shot by playing the replay and when the Green car was at, what I consider to be the shot I wanted, hit 'pause', ('J' key ) enter 'Photo Mode' then set Camera to 'Relative' and move the camera into position to compose the full screenshot.

Hit the 'Rewind' key (mine is the Back Arrow Key) a coulpe of times ( 2 seconds rewind), un-pause to play footage forward and when Green car was near the point I set in the screenshot, spam the 'F12' screenshot key....can do this multiple times to get lots of screenshots so to be able to choose the best one.

Make sure to 'Hide UI' when taking screenshots

The above technique was also used to create the 2 Trucks passing each other in below screenshot

Screenshots below also using the in game Motion Blur from the 'Renderer Component' tool box in World Editor.

1 BeamNG RAT ROD World Editor RENDER OPTIONS Motion Blur in CAMERA PATHS copy.jpg
0 BeamNG MOTION BLUR Render Options TRAIN at RIVER HIGHWAY copy.jpg
0 BeamNG Motion Blur RIVER HIGHWAY 2 TRUCKS on BRIDGE copy.jpg
0 BeamNG Motion Blur World Editor RIVER HIGHWAY TRAIN DMM 512 copy.jpg

Another awesome thing BeamNG can do:inlove:

Last edited:
The BeamNG in game 'Motion Blur' effect does a fantastic job
...how do you get so "realistic" looking screenshots?! I mean, besides from motion blur effect the graphics looks very cinematic. Not too perfect and "stiff" like mine do.

Check out this one for example. I was cruising around in my Dynamo in Utah. Tried getting the best light. But still, it looks very computer

screenshot_2024-08-24_17-29-17.jpg

Last edited:
...my post above, maybe a bad example, here is some more, from Italy.

Here is the Gavril Dynamo again. You need to try this if you don't have! It is totally amazing. Both paid and free version exists. The details and posibilities are just stunning!

screenshot_2024-08-23_18-23-27.jpg

screenshot_2024-08-23_18-29-05.jpg

screenshot_2024-08-23_18-25-48.jpg

I have posted a You Tube Video I found online showing BeamNG Graphics setting to improve the visual look back in this thread.

Below is a step by step for your particular image for comparison:)...and yes I have purchased the 'Dynamo' from LJ74....absolutely fantastic:inlove:

I assume you go into 'Photo Mode' to take screenshots and not just use the 'F12' to do a screen grab when in game play?...because in Photo Mode is where you can adjust the look of the screenshot.

First I set the BeamNG in game 'GAMMA' to '90'...see below screenshot....although not sure whether this effects the final out come of the Screenshot:O_o:
0 BeamNG in game GAMMA SETTING.jpg

Once vehicle is roughly positioned as per your smaple, I enter Photo Mode. You will see on the right the Controls in their 'Default' settings
1 BeamNG in game PHOTO MODE Default Setting.jpg

From this point I will adjust the 'Time of Day' and 'Sun Position' to get away from the default mid day sun look...see below screenshot settings and try them for your self
3 BeamNG in game PHOTO MODE TIME of DAY and SUN POSITION Setting.jpg

4 BeamNG in game PHOTO MODE TIME of DAY and SUN POSITION Setting.jpg

My final version of this image when 'Rotating' ( also available in Photo Mode just above Time of Day slider)...and final settings;)

6 BeamNG DYNAMO in ITALY final copy.jpg

Photo Mode settings below for the above screenshot which you should be able to get as well.

5 BeamNG in game PHOTO MODE TIME of DAY and SUN POSITION Setting.jpg

This is the first step in my Screenshot production....next step below in new post:geek:

Last edited:
Try at adding some extra 'Lighting' into a scene if there are some dark areas to lighten up or hightlight the vehicle on show within the scene, going into World Editor ( F11) is what you need.

Warning!:confused:....be careful in 'World Editor as adjusting settings can ruin the look of your Game...take note of all the default settings you change so you can re-apply them.;)

Before Screenshot - image of 'B25 Mitchell Bomber' adondoned in valley and slightly submerged in water, lighting was adjusted in 'Photo Mode' (as above post) to get a low light feel and get the sun position to where I wanted it.

00 BeamNG Barbent GAMBLING ZONE with B25 BOMBER Wreck & VARIOUS CARS copy.jpg

After Screenshot - Enter 'World Editor' (F11) to add additional (extra) lighting that is not already in the Map scene:cool:
I still wanted an overall moody dark scene but placing in addtional lighting to highlight areas and parts of the B25 to help it stand out more;)

0 BeamNG Barbent GAMBLING ZONE with B25 BOMBER Wreck & VARIOUS CARS copy.jpg

Procedure I follow to get above transformation, there maybe other ways but this is how I do it ( still learning):p

I first park up the car in a potential scene for a Screenshot, can go into 'Photo Mode' as well which is my preferred option as you can adjust the lighting via 'Time of Day' and 'Sun Direction' for fine tuning of the light / shadows, compose screenshot, then hit 'F11' to bring up 'World Editor'

I find activating the 'Player Vehicle' first inside World Editor before placing the extra Lighting so the new lights are easier to find in the 'Scene Tree' as they will hopefully be under 'thePlayer Vehicle'...see below for 'Icon'
00 BeamNG WORLD EDITOR adding more LIGHTING T Series in UTAH.jpg

Click 'Create Object' icon which will bring up another Tool bar...click on the 'Point Light' or 'Spotlight' icon and drag into the scene, left click mouse button to set light in scene close to vehicle, then before proceeding, 'Close' tool bar by clicking 'Create Object' icon again.

I prefer using the 'Spotlight' as a vehicle highlighter as it has great 'Shadows' if placed nicely, and the 'Point Light' as extra scene illumination, but the 'Point Light' can be used for vehicle lighting as well.

TIP...Sometimes getting the light brighter is as easy as 'Copy / Paste' the selected light, so another light is placed on top.

Below screenshots show 'Tool Bars' and lighting 'Inspector' within 'World Editor' for 'Spotlight' and 'Point Light' instructions.

Remember - be careful what you click on!! as 'Warning' above

1 BeamNG WORLD EDITOR adding more LIGHTING T Series in UTAH.jpg
1a BeamNG WORLD EDITOR adding more LIGHTING T Series in UTAH.jpg
1b BeamNG WORLD EDITOR adding more LIGHTING T Series in UTAH.jpg

Below screenshots of T Series at Utah Garage, screenshots showing 'Day Time' then 'Night Time' with standard map Lights, then screenshot with enhanced added extra Lighting and finally a World Editor screenshot showing all extra added lights.

0 BeamNG WORLD EDITOR adding more LIGHTING T Series in UTAH copy.jpg
0a BeamNG WORLD EDITOR adding more LIGHTING T Series in UTAH copy.jpg
0b BeamNG WORLD EDITOR adding more LIGHTING T Series in UTAH copy.jpg

The below screenshot is within 'World Editor' once all additional added lights have been selected together ( select one light within Scene Tree, hold 'Shift' then click on last light - just the usual formula)
0c BeamNG WORLD EDITOR adding more LIGHTING T Series in UTAH copy.jpg

Usually, once I am finished with this Screenshot Lighting Design and when all additional lights are selected as per above screenshot I will 'Delete' them as they are not in the original Map.

Personal thoughts....
Producing Screenshots with the extra creativity that BeamNG allows apart from Driving / Racing / Flying and the Crash Soft Body Physics is why I keep coming back as the above outlined procedures are not available in any other Sim, totally unique to BeamNG (as I am aware of at time of this Post):inlove:

Last edited:
@M D Gourley : Thanks for this awesome explanation! Yes I have been trying some things like the Zeit graphics utility. But I don't get it nice anyway. Will try your method there as well! Much appreciated!
I must admit I am a "computer graphics" guy and hate bad looks. BeamNG is kind of flat with stock settings. Hope to get a way to improve this. But getting at least decent screenshot (in photo mode) is a first step :)

ps. Although I really love your screenshots. I think it might be beneficial to crop the width slightly so they don't are super ultra wide screens. Just my reflection.

Last edited:
Each to their own:)...I personally enjoy the ultra wide as it allows for a more scenic 'Landscape Panorama' look to my screenshots as it not only showcases the vehicle but where the vehicle is place on the landscape much like in my above posts which suits BeamNG very well. (personal opinion);)

I do crop the Screenshots in other Sims on occasion especially the Racing Sims as the Screenshot is generally all about the cars.

You can also use the 'Showrooms' in BeamNG which allows better overall global lighting with also the ability to add more lighting for that extra creative touch.

Screenshots below of the 'Dynamo' in the Showroom environment, there is a 'Light' and 'Dark' background showroom

0 BeamNG SHOWROOM Gavril DYNAMO SLICK copy.jpg
1 BeamNG SHOWROOM Gavril DYNAMO Early LOW RIDER Convertible crop copy.jpg

...or the 'Garage' Showroom where you can add extra Props to build up a scene

Below is Garage Showroom with one car

0a BeamNG GARAGE SHOWROOM with Ibishu MIRENA RAT ROD and FARM MACHINERY copy.jpg

...and with multiple vehicles, just having some fun with this one:p

0 BeamNG GARAGE SHOWROOM with Ibishu MIRENA RAT ROD and FARM MACHINERY copy.jpg

Thanks for showing some interest:)

Below Video may be of help;)

Last edited:
Have fine-tuned my drift car a little, found the older rear lights, they are really beautiful! Looks almost like my dream car now (Impala '65)
BTW, didn't know about the showroom, it was great!

screenshot_2024-08-25_20-54-28.jpg

screenshot_2024-08-25_21-00-34.jpg

Latest News

Back