Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

I mean getting punished if you exceed the pit lane speed limit.
In the race session you will get a penalty if you speed in the pits.

A reminder to everyone please don't speed in the pit lane once official practice has started:
  • Follow all safety rules as if you were in a real car on a real track; use the pit speed limiter in pit lane, observe all safety flags and lights, no donuts in the pit lane or on the track, no deliberate distraction of other drivers, etc
Thanks!

Well i checked to see if there was a pit speed limit in the V8's on this track in a race on the RD server and it does work. I got a drive through whilst in a race the pit speed limit is 100kph

when did the pit speed limit not work or guys were speeding

• Free practice
  • Qually
  • Or race
I've not checked the mod on this track to see if the pit speed can be broken without consequences in a race..
In free practice and qually the sim does not penalize you as we know.
(but the staff will if we see it) So at all times the pit limiter should be used when in the pits.
If the mod has no pit speed limiter then you must use the following rules on this track
  • in Free Practice the max you can drive in the pits 80kph
  • in Qually the max you can drive in the pits 100kph
  • and in the Race the max you can drive in the pits is 100kph

Editorial staff are having a meeting some time over the weekend; I'm now only 50% in - the time and length of the meeting will determine if I am at the race or not (I really really hope so!).

@Andrew James After a little testing, I found that the pit box for the Reiter Engineering Lambo is right at the start of the pit lane, and only appears when you have crossed over the pit lane speed restriction line :mad::confused::O_o:. This makes it very easy to drive right past it without realising. :(:poop:
I also found that during the practice session at least, you don't get a penalty for speeding in the pit lane.

@Andrew James After a little testing, I found that the pit box for the Reiter Engineering Lambo is right at the start of the pit lane, and only appears when you have crossed over the pit lane speed restriction line :mad::confused::O_o:. This makes it very easy to drive right past it without realising. :(:poop:
I also found that during the practice session at least, you don't get a penalty for speeding in the pit lane.
Despite having done a good few hours of testing, there may be one or two issues we come across as we use the mod more and more. Being the first week, I'm not too surprised to be honest. I'm not sure I know what to recommend; maybe avoid the lambo this track? Is it only the lambo? Sorry I missed it, but there's only so much testing I can fit in :/

Hello guys, off what was already mentioned, is there any tip for a beginner in this kind of longer event besides calculating tire wear and fuel consumption to plan the pit stops?
The choice of car is it free? Setup Fixed? Brake pressure is even locked? (because I like this lowest). I'm programming to attend this event. (Sry my english - Tnx).

Hello guys, off what was already mentioned, is there any tip for a beginner in this kind of longer event besides calculating tire wear and fuel consumption to plan the pit stops?
The choice of car is it free? Setup Fixed? Brake pressure is even locked? (because I like this lowest). I'm programming to attend this event. (Sry my english - Tnx).
Yes, all GT cars are available.

We're modifying the server so that you'll be able to change the car setups.

Thanks everyone for two fun races! Sadly I spun out in the first race after getting on the throttle too early. Pit crew managed to repair the damaged front wing in just one minute, thankfully ;)
The second race saw a great 3-way battle between me, Joao and Jörn. Me and Joao were fighting, when Jörn overtook us both with boost -- and then promptly misjudged the break point into the first corner. :D
Thanks Joao for leaving me enough room in the downhill before the finish straight. I probably should've chosen a less dangerous place to try to overtake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back