ARCA Sim Racing

Just wanted to say - there is no tyre compound choice in ARCA!

The 'soft med' bit is "pad compound" - this is brake pads, not tyres :)

In ARCA, you either run with brand new Hoosier slicks, or you run with '3 lap scuffs' Hoosiers - which are the same tyres, just warmed up for 3 laps. But nobody uses the 3 laps scuffs, so just put the slicks on each time and don't worry about it :)

Cheers Adam - I hope everyone now understands what Pads are, all we need now is someone to explain what 'rotors' are lol

result Chicagoland

After watching a bit the result files of ARCA i got some questions :rolleyes:. Why the hell went James into pits with only 8 laps to go ? In race i thought, ok, maybe because of fuel - but, the xlm file for him also 0.569 of fuel in lap 42, think means 56,9%. Was the same like me. It showes also James refueled to 0,984 but that was absolutely not necessary, i finished with 0,439. I mean James was with Aam and Alex in the podium group , i was about 4sec away chanceless to catch you.
So why pitted James there and this under green :confused:. Think tyres had also hold to the end. Ok, for me was good up to third but i was not planning for a further stop under green, think also not the others. Only cause of the yellow last i went in for new tyres and changing grilltape.
It only confusing me a bit, can´t follow James decision there or i´m too noob to understand it :redface:.

Attachments

• race.jpg
    race.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 239
  • qualify.JPG
    qualify.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 241
After watching a bit the result files of ARCA i got some questions :rolleyes:. Why the hell went James into pits with only 8 laps to go ? In race i thought, ok, maybe because of fuel - but, the xlm file for him also 0.569 of fuel in lap 42, think means 56,9%. Was the same like me. It showes also James refueled to 0,984 but that was absolutely not necessary, i finished with 0,439. I mean James was with Aam and Alex in the podium group , i was about 4sec away chanceless to catch you.
So why pitted James there and this under green :confused:. Think tyres had also hold to the end. Ok, for me was good up to third but i was not planning for a further stop under green, think also not the others. Only cause of the yellow last i went in for new tyres and changing grilltape.
It only confusing me a bit, can´t follow James decision there or i´m too noob to understand it :redface:.

My main reason was for the tires since i could feel the rear starting to get real loose which ment i had to slide wide to keep the car going straight. It was weird because it was not as bad as on the other set of tires which was almost on for as long.

Other than that i did lose count of how many laps we needed since i cant seem to find out how many laps we had done? This is not the first time and its annoying me because i always seem to pit or do something wrong right near the end of the race.

Latest News

Back