ARCA Sim Racing

Another great run

Also on "dirt" it was great fun althought only 6 raced today. Should be amazing with maybe a field of 20 or more :D. Messed up qualy with first lap against the wall and second lap the engine explode :rolleyes:, so started from behind.
During the race we got several yellow phases which also destroyed me a lead by around already 4 sec but this isn´t unusally. So in leading position we all went to pit, this one i wanted only new tyres to hold P1 but seemd my pitcrew is still too much noob in the second race and i went down to P3. Now behind Kevin had a close fight, tried it left, right also two little taps followed but Kevin stayed in front. Finally with four laps to go i could pass but Adam was already out of reach normally. But surprisingly another yellow came up, this time it helps me to have a last try for passing in the following two laps. Tried it to find a way throught but overtaking wasn´t that easy here. Again quite close and finally we finished lesser then one tenth over the line with Adam win and me 2nd :).
Congrats Adam and thanks to everybody who took part, i enjoyed it again a lot - till next one.

results:

Attachments

• overall.jpg
    overall.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 247
  • race.jpg
    race.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 245
  • qualy.JPG
    qualy.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 227
Great race guys - was very close between Andreas and me! My setup was good, but only after a few laps when the tyres had warmed up :) So for a few laps after each restart I was in danger.

So you can imagine how I felt when the yellow came out with only 2 laps to go!

Nice racing Andreas - hope to do it again next time :)

ARCA @ Charlotte (Concord) Monday April 4th, 2011

xeh5hd.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Track: Charlotte (Concord)
Day/Night: Day
Practice: 20:00 GMT, 15 min
Qualification: 10 min (4 laps)
Warmup: 5 min
Race: Half distance
parc ferme: off so you can tweak the car after qualy
Password: Clubpassword RD

Notes:
new skinpack 8.0!!!
Delete the old skinpack first

It was incredible! I really wasn't a fan of stock car racing until then. We went there with some friends and I said "what the hell... I'll go for a ride." That 3-lap ride gave me a new appreciation for stock car drivers. It was pretty brutal! The g-forces and general roughness of the car were way more than I expected. After 3 laps, I was worn out and I wasn't even the one driving! It's easy to sit on a couch and say "they're just driving in circles." But until you've been in a real one on a real track at high speed, you just can't imagine what it's like!

I'm really excited about going to the upcoming All-Star race and Coca-Cola 600. After driving all the tracks on ARCA, I gotta say that Charlotte is one of the best there is!

I prefer Monday or Tuesday but if you decide to race on Sundays I'll do it as well. What I suggest is to race at 22:00 CET and not at 21:00 CET as we are doing at RD. 21:00 is too early for me and often I can't arrive home on time for the race.

Take it into acount pls. THX a lot anyway ;)

Latest News

Back