2015 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No fun for me out there tonight:

Race 1 - Got wiped out on lap one and had to make a pit stop for repairs which put me at a couple of laps down after which it was a case of persevering until the end of the race.

Race 2 - I though there was meant to be a small break between races, went for a piss and when I came back the race had already started. Couldn't face it again and had to leave.

Bloody hell, that was awesome! :D

First P7 in the first qualifying, not very happy with that. Was hoping to do better in the reset qualifying, but even dropped one position further down. Qualifying was very hard because of the traffic and you basically had to be lucky with draft to get a fast lap. In any case, top 10 was still very good to start from. Just didn't expect it to be that close at all, but now that I know, top 10 will be a minimum goal and top 6 target.

Race 1 was amazing, I got to battle a few guys there and could see the leading cars in front, but there was no hope of reaching them, my front tires were dying chasing Mike Bell, and the race ended in a drag race between us. Less than a hundrenth the gap in the finish, so I narrowly missed a podium! Disappointed of course but eyes on the next race...feeling above neutral of course, top 5 is always good to finish at. Race 2 I wasn't so lucky, I could progressively climb but accidentally crashed into a spinning car in the middle of the track, I was too slow to react.

R1, lat late start, no 2d lights and jumped in in the last second but went decent until a couple of mistakes. Held on to 23rd till the end.
R2, false start, despite having the 3d lights close enough but started when the timer hit 0, was confused. Stop-go, went to the pits and me not being prepared, wanted to confirm stop-go only to crash head on into the pitwall while browsing controls, stop-go line went away so on my second try, the option still didn't show up. I gave up.

Not familiar with this game. Welp, hopefully i still stay in Div1 after this, but it's not looking good. :D

As expected, I was nowhere near the average pace, but still had a lot of fun - really nice battles with both Arnes, Lorenzo and some more racers, good stuff.
Still, I mainly concentrated on picking up the pieces due to the lack of pace which worked somewhat okay? Managed P24 in race #1 due to my own errors, managed P19 after starting fairly far up front due to... two moments I'll have a look at tomorrow ;)

Thanks for racing, everyone!

PS: Regarding the server problems earlier.. while undesirable, stuff like this can happen. The only think I'd like to add is that it probably would've been a good idea to get a staff member into the main TS channel to inform people there. The in-game chat mostly worked out alright, but it would've been nice to clear up some impromptu confusion like missing setups due to the newly created class ("reiza52") vs. the then-run-on-division-2 original class ("reiza19") and the like :)

im just glad that this track is over with .....
In a way I agree you though. I hated Cascavel, qualifying was difficult, I wasn't extremely close to the top, but hey, now it's over with. Not one of my strongest tracks so I'm looking forward to the next one :)

On the first race on the first lap I had massive lag (ALL the cars glitched sideways) which threw me off, causing a spin into the right-hander... Sorry about that :(

Otherwise, a bit of rubbing-is-racing, but a lot of fun overall! :) Well done everyone :thumbsup::thumbsup:

would've been a good idea to get a staff member into the main TS channel to inform people there
Totally agree but unfortunately we were running overtime to get things up, hence I send the pm instead to make sure everybody got the message.

Murphy's Law got us tonight. Lets hope all the bad luck was in this exact race and we can run without anymore issues during the next rounds

Q: Should have been 8th. I dunno why it was ignored that someone had the batch file for the first qualification run... thanks to the server synchronising and getting a disco on the try after, I started to lose concentration.

So it was P9.

R1: Write-off. Went off trying to go the long way and it just went downhill from there.

R2: Should have been much better. When I was fighting for 3rd, Kumar got loose into the last turn, I tried to avoid him, but he got it together before I touched him. Sadly, the guys behind made contact when we slowed down:(

After that, I got into 2nd, but made more mistakes. Andrew got a flat and crashed out, while I was searching for the pace I had lost, but never found it.

Dropped to 3rd in the end.

Meh, next race.

I really enjoyed the night despite the server hicups and failing to finish race 2. Got promoted to server 2 after a few last minute no shows. Qualified mid field after the servers where fixed. Race 1 was a case of avoid the carnage at the start. Managed to do so but a spinning car on lap 3 or 4 left me with no where to go. Lost a lot of places and have to admit I re-joined the track very badly (I am normally careful) lucky not to cause an incident. Sorry to the driver who got a shock!

Managed to finish Race 1 and had a great time in the process. Not sure where but 15th ish I think.

Race 2 I was doing very well. Still started mid field (one of the downsides to qualifying in the middle of the grid). Consistent lap times and a great battle with one driver that lasted several corners side by side. Unfortunately I put one wheel on the grass approaching the last turn. about 15 mins into the race. Car slid and despite my best efforts went full speed into the dividing tire barrier between the pit lane and start finish straight. Car was definitely broken :(

Great fun all round despite the 1st lap issues. A problem with the reversed grid in the 2nd race as that there is a huge temptation for the fast drivers at the back of the grid to get past as many drivers as possible at the start. Understandable of course but it does feel a bit like considerate driving takes a back seat for the 1st corners / lap. There is little surprise that race 2 1st lap was much worse that race 1.

Thanks everyone for the race and thanks to the admins for sorting out the server issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back