2011 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
An unavoidable contact ater start in Paddok Hill with Steffen, spinned in front of me,
and my course was delayed from the begin...that's the races! :tongue:

Replay suggests it was avoidable. I'm not wanting to point fingers, but we all know how NKP netcode is and how large the crash boxes are, and as Paul has pleaded, we all need give each other room as we start the race. Everyone here knows the refrain: "You can't win the race in the first turn (or first lap) but you can lose it there."

un grand merci Phil !! pour ton intention de me donner le replay ,mais puisque Sérgio mon Captain Favori me donne le lien, je vais le prendre immédiatement

pour mon mail perso et pour qui veut me contacter en direct pas de probleme ::: laurent.resende@live.fr ou laurent.resende@sfr.fr

a big thank you Phil! for your intention to give me the replay, but since my Captain Sérgio Favorite give me the link, I 'll take it immediately

for my personal mail and contact me for who wants to live no problem

What a mistaken assumption! Claudio got anxious at the start.
Phil, i'm very disappointed of it, but as you can see from the replay i have not directly caused the big one:
avoid Sorensen in front of me was possible only staying behind the whole group...
although I must admit how sometimes this could be the better way to start, i surely not an impetuous driver...

Anyway sorry again :sorry:

Actually, from my replay, you clearly do. Of course, that's just my replay and it could look different for you, given the way Netkar is. Steffan was on the outside. He couldn't go any further out. You go to the middle right at the start trying to get a good position. But three wide is not a good idea in NetKar. Better to stay in line on the inside through the first turn, or even T2 until cars space out. And you drift out toward Steffan in the turn, getting close enough so that NetKar thinks you hit him. My replay clearly shows him getting knocked loose from contact by you. It's not clear that you really hit him. I don't think you did. But NetKar thinks you did. But that's my replay, as I said. I'm not trying to say you are an impetuous driver. You are certainly a good driver. I just think you could have been a more patient driver through this first turn and there wouldn't have been a wreck. Steffan was making it through the outside line of T1 fine until the contact.

Replay suggests it was avoidable.
Phil some experienced driver choose to skip qual for a quiet start from the end of the grid.
Is this a correct approach to race? For prudence i gave up to a rocket start,
and i've not touched none in anyway, even Steffen, for a wrong move.
Stay on the inside of Sorensen wasn't the foult of the accident, as his spin in front of me;
those things happen

Yes, I like to start at the back. Usually safer. :). My race pace is usually faster than my Quali. And like I said, not wanting to point any fingers. What my replay shows can be different from another. I'm just saying that we all know NetKar thinks we have contact when we just get close, so better not to get too close at the start. Better not to take three lines into T1. From my replay NetKar seems to have decided you hit Steffan. He didn't spin in my replay, he was knocked. So, just a plea to give each other a little extra room at the start. Seems we can't race as close in NetKar as we can in other sims. Too bad really. Racing close is fun.

YEP!!!!
super great anticipation, a priori Kunos Netcode correct problems and impacts between cars! watch this video, it's really amazing when you know all the current problems of Netcode we face today

Original vue sur vidéo RSR forum

Haha meant to come on here last night but I fell asleep right after the race! Got up too early for the F1! For once Paul is quiet!!! LOL

Anyway, thanks everyone for a fun and challenging race!
Thanks of course, et surtout, to Laurent for the endless hours of practice and advice, and "speed pills"! I was so sick of this track by race night I could puke! :tongue:

@Martin, I didn't see contact from my side but we all know what the netcode in it's current state does, it's not the first time it bits us in the arse and I'm sorry for that. You ran a great first few laps, hope to race with you again soon! :)

@Sergio congrats on a great pirates start! haha :)

No oil and feathers for team France Bjorn! maybe next time! haha :tongue:

YEP!!!!
super great anticipation, a priori Kunos Netcode correct problems and impacts between cars! watch this video, it's really amazing when you know all the current problems of Netcode we face today

Original vue sur vidéo RSR forum

Speaking of netcode....Incredible news!!! Netkar will soon take over the world muahahahahaha!

3º não é mau, mas ficou a saber a amargo, estava na frente com o Paul a cerca de 1/2 seg e embora esteve estivesse a ser mais rápida, aqui não é fácil ultrapassar.

Quando estás a conduzir sobre pressão, ainda por cima neste tipo de corrida em que tens uma responsabilidade acrescida, a ultima coisa que necessitas é algo a tirar-te a concentração.

Eu até tinha fechado a porta da divisão onde tenho o PC para evitar estar a ouvir as birras do costume dos miudos, saíu-me esta na rifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 177 25.0%
  • Full game

Votes: 179 25.2%
  • CPU

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 124 17.5%