2011 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does sound reasonable and fair. Again, I am sorry for all the guys that had problems and where booted out.

Just a funny story:

This was my first NKpro online race. Unfortunately, as soon as I joined in, I got swamped with work and I barely had the time to check on this forum and I tried to practice as much as possible.

Except that somehow I missed the tidbit about the rain, so I practiced on dry. I also mixed up the tracks, and I practiced at SPA 2010. Very different track.

I did put in some practice time Friday and Saturday morning, but nothing that would really count .

At the end of the race, I actually had to take a hot shower because my neck was stiff from the tension.

It's your decision Bjorn and I respect that, and I always will, you're the boss!

I think your argument Corrado has merit if you say iRacing counts the results. It makes sense, and I never argued to have the race thrown out.

On the other hand and completely separate for the points issue, I have to say I'm really disappointed at Team Germany. First accusing us of whining and then when the results don't go their way threatening to leave the league. Not cool guys I think you should reflect on your attitude.

Paul. I didnt accuse you of whining! The way you handeled this problem was very fair. But you have to understand my point of view. The first race i was on the 3th or 4th starting place, and got hit at the start from behind. The next to races my teammates couldnt run the races cause of netkar problems. Then on the 4th race i put the car on the third place and got also hit from behind. So you must understand that my fun to drive here was nearly to zero when i heard that we didnt get the points. So why should I reflect my attitude here!

no comments lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have thought some more about it and I think maybe Oliver should have some points for finishing the race. But because of the way people can score points I think this game will die in serious sim competitions quite soon.

Can someone explain what it means to drop points from our worst results? if I want to drop my worst result which is spa, so we say I do not get the points for this race although I already didnt get any points and the people that got lucky and finished the race still get their points.

So wheres the compensation or regulation of fairness in that?

Hi tomas well basicly imagine you have scorred 20-14-12-16-20-0-0 points after the season we basicly take away your worst points score which is 0 in this case. so see it like this 7 races and the best 6 results count mate:)

Hmmm... Maybe I'm missing something, but since the season is scored by adding points up, then dropping a zero result makes no difference, and if you have a non-zero result, then dropping any points hurts you, right? What am I missing?

Clearly, I'm not mathematically inclined! I'll trust the powers that be, however. And if every team drops a result, then I can see how that makes for a new, lower, possible total and everyone gets to use their highest results to try to reach it. Okay, I'm good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back