2011 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Chris. I'm not sure the NGP will actually be using NetKar the next time around, but if it is, then you're welcome to join. Just get familiar with NetKar, particularly it's net code issues that make close racing a little tricky, if you're not already. A club race or two will accomplish that. But even if the NGP isn't run again with NetKar, I'm sure there will be other seasons in the league races. Perhaps an osella or even F1800 season (I hope!!).

Ah alright, I am actually coming from iRacing and so frustrated at the tire model and feel of the car, it just can't compete with netKar's physics. I'm just looking for something that will translate to the real track, not driving 'past' the limit for the car to feel right, like iRacing.

That's funny, as I find iRacing's physics to be pretty good. Of course, I'm pretty new to it, and have mostly driven just the MX5, and more lately the Skippy and the Mustang. I do like the F1800 in Netkar better than the Skippy. In fact, I agree with you if you're saying that the physics of Netkar can't really be beat. I'm no race car driver, but I'm old enough (and more) to have put a gazillion miles on the road in real cars, and I've tried many of the more serious sims, and Netkar seems by far the closest to life. But iRacing is pretty good too, and the Power and Glory mod of GTR2 is really fantastic! They have captured the cruder chassis and older tires of those great classic racing cars!

Turning a good 'middle of the pack' lap is easy, but the ridiculously fast laps - those guys are pushing the car way beyond the limit, super high slip angles that don't punish you, etc. and without good tire wear you can push the car like crazy with no repercussions. The new tire model should hopefully alleviate a lot of this, but it's frustrating to get rolled by someone by 2-3 seconds a lap who is driving the car like Sega Outrun. :)

Ci sono ci sono :thumb:, non mi ricordo mai di guardare in questo forum :redface::tongue:, questo week end sarò in autodromo (Monza) sia sabato che domenica, comunque per la gara ci sono :wink:.
In assetto gara giro sul 54.5, secondo voi è accettabile? In ogni caso ho problemi con le gomme anteriori, dopo 5/6 giri ho un sottosterzo spaventoso :confused::frown:

Thanks guys, looking forward to the race, but I was not aware we were going to have 100% wet. I have been trying to practice a bit, but I can barely finish a lap. The worse part is the high speed sections, were the car sometimes wants to go sideways on the straight. Is that wind? Do we even have wind?

I sure hope I'll be able to get this thing around the track for more than a few laps. Can someone post a decent, mid-pack lap time of spa on wet? I may be pushing too hard, even though I moved my braking point somewhere before the border with France and my turn speed would be slow for a bus full of nuns.

Just various. If anyone has a video, I'd love to see it too.

Thanks guys, looking forward to the race, but I was not aware we were going to have 100% wet. I have been trying to practice a bit, but I can barely finish a lap. The worse part is the high speed sections, were the car sometimes wants to go sideways on the straight. Is that wind? Do we even have wind?

I sure hope I'll be able to get this thing around the track for more than a few laps. Can someone post a decent, mid-pack lap time of spa on wet? I may be pushing too hard, even though I moved my braking point somewhere before the border with France and my turn speed would be slow for a bus full of nuns.

Just various. If anyone has a video, I'd love to see it too.

Just ease on the throttle and extend your braking zones like you said. The race will be probably be decided by those who can finish without a major incident. You just gotta try to keep it together and not push too hard. Standing water will slide the car more so you gotta be always aware of that in turns and not accelerate too much in that case until you're clear of it, braking is the same. Just my two cents, hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back