2011 | 24 Hours of Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having issues with the server where I keep dropping out (but I keep racing) after a lap or 2... then all of a sudden it will say connection lost.

I live in Australia and my ping is 350ms, I'm raced on RD servers before no worries, I'm the only computer connected to the internet at my end, I have minimal running on my computer to keep internet at best performance but just wondering why I keep dropping off the server.

My internet stays connected cos team speak will continue working and talking to my drivers...

Its happening everytime I join the server after that 1-2 laps.... Anyone got any ideas? I can't afford this to happen in the main race next weekend..

Apologies if this has already been asked, if it has if anyone can point me to the post would be great. :)

What is the official standing on using the Grand Prix Circuits' pitlane during the race for damage?

I know the official pit method is to pit off the end of the Nords, however if say I get damage on the GP circuit, can I pit off that or do I have to do a full Nords lap? If we do the GP circuit only will that not gain a lap unfairly?

Cheers :)

I'm having issues with the server where I keep dropping out (but I keep racing) after a lap or 2... then all of a sudden it will say connection lost.

I live in Australia and my ping is 350ms, I'm raced on RD servers before no worries, I'm the only computer connected to the internet at my end, I have minimal running on my computer to keep internet at best performance but just wondering why I keep dropping off the server.

My internet stays connected cos team speak will continue working and talking to my drivers...

Its happening everytime I join the server after that 1-2 laps.... Anyone got any ideas? I can't afford this to happen in the main race next weekend..

I've tested without the Direct X Overlay Plugin on TS(as I have the same problem as you) and it may be my imagination but to me it seems to work now.

Apologies if this has already been asked, if it has if anyone can point me to the post would be great. :)

What is the official standing on using the Grand Prix Circuits' pitlane during the race for damage?

I know the official pit method is to pit off the end of the Nords, however if say I get damage on the GP circuit, can I pit off that or do I have to do a full Nords lap? If we do the GP circuit only will that not gain a lap unfairly?

Cheers :)

After the 2 qualification events the race briefing will be posted, it will be explained there :)

If we do the GP circuit only will that not gain a lap unfairly?
From my experience you never gain a lap by pitting off the GP course, you actually lose a lot of time having to drive the GP lap again after pitting. There's no danger of getting a penalty either. It would be probably safer for everyone if a seriously damaged car would not have to limp through a whole lap. Same for cars running out of fuel. The only thing to keep in mind is that the cars pitting from the Nordschleife may not see you coming from behind the fence.

I have a question about the race. We're trying to figure out the strategy and... well the race start is scheduled for 12:00 GMT according to this:
Race Day - 31/3/12 - Mandatory
Official Practice: 09:45 (60 minutes)
Warm-up: 11:45 (15 minutes)
Race: 12:00 24 hours
That's 14:00 Central European Time. What's the ingame race start time?
Usually the real ADAC Nurburgring 24h race starts at 16:00 local time.

Hi,

1. is it allowed in the qualification to press ESC if we crash during a lap? There is nothing in the reglement so i think yes?!
2. is it allowed to switch the light on during a hot lap?

Bjoern
1 yes is allowed
2 no headlights or flashing

Which server will the qualification on?
Can i get IP address for that?
There will be only 1 server for this qualy event, named RACEDEPARTMENT RD24H Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back