2011 | 24 Hours of Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pitted with the GP track aswell, I do hope for the 24H event we will switch to pitting off the Nordschleife, the way they do it IRL.
Formation lap, I also think for the 24H event we should do a full lap around, to be sure people don't get dq's or other things, due to taking the short lap as formation lap.

I ran a 20H event 2 months ago, also on this track, but they had 2 non cutting zones they kept checking for cuts. Couldnt use any of the red/white striping @ GP pitentry/going on Nords, would like to know what RD rules are. Also @ Hatzenbach it is easy to straightline, so would like to know the rules, I'm guessing 2 tyres within the white lines? At the 20H event @ Wippermann an exeption was made to allow full use the brick added road.

I did notice abit lag, wasn't too bad though. Other than that no real issues. :)

It also messes up the fastest lap stats for the whole race to come.

I also think long F-lap would be useful, for broadcast it should mean they have at least 10 minutes to represent grid of 40 cars and it would also help the drivers to calmly get into race rather than being "thrown" into it after 2 min F1 track...(Not to mention problems with cutting...)

I got problems with connection losts. I always get a connection lost when I have done a lap, or just before that on the long straight. Does anyone also have problems with this? The settings are all low, normally I can play on high. Its not the internet, because I can instantly rejoin the server...

Now to the negative part: dangerous driving.
First of all, in qualifying while going onto the start-finish straight from the GP out-lap STAY ON RIGHT OF THE CONES! As I was accelerating from the Tiergarten chicane and was nearly taken out by a ME Racing Lamborghini slowly cutting from the right straight onto the racing line right in front of me :eek: If I hadn't swerved to avoid it, there'd have been a massive accident. Ever wondered about the purpose of those cones in Coca-Cola curve?

Well it's hard to read the distances by using the line showing numbers at the bottom, hence I was in quali and gunned it out of the last corner because top speed is severely compromised if you where to hug the corner tight. If I'd known you where that close I wouldn't have done it but it turned out ok but I'm still sorry for it.

I also agree on the idea of doing formation-lap on the whole circuit, should be more relaxed that way.

Another issue was that rfactor switches session after a period of time when the leader/winner of the race has crossed the line. Is there any way of extending this time or preventing rF from going to next session? Since people that are a about one third of the distance in on the last lap won't make it home.

Another issue was that rfactor switches session after a period of time when the leader/winner of the race has crossed the line. Is there any way of extending this time or preventing rF from going to next session? Since people that are a about one third of the distance in on the last lap won't make it home.

Yes this is possible... i cant remember which file its in though (i guess servers PLR file)

Well it's hard to read the distances by using the line showing numbers at the bottom, hence I was in quali and gunned it out of the last corner because top speed is severely compromised if you where to hug the corner tight. If I'd known you where that close I wouldn't have done it but it turned out ok but I'm still sorry for it.

That doesn't really matters does it? Everyone have to keep to the right - everyone gets a bad exit. That's just how it is.

I actually liked the pit entry this way, Maybe not the "right" way, but I liked it.

And regarding yellow flags, I'm not sure how others are using them. However, there are no difference in yellows if there is a car on the track, or outside. So while on the schleife, I alway treat the yellows as a "Slow down, and be prepared to stop".
The track is tight, and hard to see around the corners. Cars can be in the middle of the track. I guess I loose much time by doing this. But in 24hrs, I feel this is more safe, than just going down 10-20km/h and maybe have a hugenormous accident.

Multiplayer.ini
Code:
Allow Hotlap Completion="16" // Allow hotlap completion before switching sessions (1=practice1 ... 16=qual, 32=warmup, 63=all)
Delay Between Sessions="999.00000" // Dedicated server delay before switching sessions automatically (after hotlaps are completed, if option is enabled), previously hardcoded to 45
Delay After Race="999.00000" // Dedicated server additional delay (added to "Delay Between Sessions" before loading next track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back