2011 | 24 Hours of Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
You went too close to inside on last turn then if you got a penalty, go right around the outside of it and you are fine but im going to suggest in the main event to do a full formation lap. may take over 10 minutes but you can set off early, also will be good for broadcast too as the short gp layout isnt long enough to get through 40 odd cars starting the race :)

Jup I'd go round the whole Nordschleife too in the formation lap.
Gives more time to spread the pack and the commentators in the broadcast have more time to go round the whole field to show all cars driving the race.
Besides, I saw a lot of teams with a 2.0x.xxx time in the standings, my rFactor time has a personal best of it too now.
Don't like that, think it's because of the formation lap? Or because we had to make a small GP lap around before pit-entry.
In my opinion driving in the 'normal' way (so directly right when coming off the Nordschleife, instead of doing a GP lap) is much better for doing pitstops.
Wich leads me to my final question; If something goes wrong while doing a pitstop, can you still do a escape lap around the GP without messing up the running order?

As I changed team 2 hours before the test event, I had never driven the Panoz, only the 997. Got a few setups to try from my new team, and these were great. Improved my personal best that I had set in the 997 by 2.5 seconds. 5th fastest in class, which I was happy with. Got a clean start, and had battles through te first 3 laps (can't remember the names, sorry). On the 4th lap, just after the 1 hour to go signal, I got on the power a bit too early through the twisty part on the back, and smacked the right side into the wall. This made the car extremely hard to drive. This took its toll at the fast part at the beginning of the Nordschleife, when I got a bit loose through the first left kink, over corrected and then went lawnmowing in the hills to the left. Tried to avoid to slide bck across the track, but I did anyway. Luckily nobody was coming along to hit me.

I was expecting to have worse frame rates than I sis, but rhey were really good anyway. I had all graphics settings on low, and a maximum of 16 cars. Thanks for not making a giant pile-up in the first few corners :)

For two members of Water Blue Racing team was everything ok in this race. Normal FPS, driver swap, starting procedure, pit in/out (but I can't say that reigning pitting scheme is the best choise :rolleyes: ).

P.S. GT2 SimTech Motorsport, please guys. I think, that some members of your team need seriously to think about your CHAT behaviour during the event (qualification and warm up). Even despite the fact that this was a test race. It's unacceptable here at RD.

As I changed team 2 hours before the test event, I had never driven the Panoz, only the 997. Got a few setups to try from my new team, and these were great. Improved my personal best that I had set in the 997 by 2.5 seconds. 5th fastest in class, which I was happy with. Got a clean start, and had battles through te first 3 laps (can't remember the names, sorry). On the 4th lap, just after the 1 hour to go signal, I got on the power a bit too early through the twisty part on the back, and smacked the right side into the wall. This made the car extremely hard to drive. This took its toll at the fast part at the beginning of the Nordschleife, when I got a bit loose through the first left kink, over corrected and then went lawnmowing in the hills to the left. Tried to avoid to slide bck across the track, but I did anyway. Luckily nobody was coming along to hit me.

I was expecting to have worse frame rates than I sis, but rhey were really good anyway. I had all graphics settings on low, and a maximum of 16 cars. Thanks for not making a giant pile-up in the first few corners :)

Yes, i saw that moment: my team mate Tomas was that guy, who was chasing you. Very much excited of that spin. But for us it was good. :D Sorry, mate.

The test went perfect in technical terms, driver changes worked perfectly, no FPS problems whatsoever even at the start. The only worrying thing was that server switched to 'next track' before many cars finished the race. If it happened automatically, multiplayer settings need to be checked!

Now to the negative part: dangerous driving.
First of all, in qualifying while going onto the start-finish straight from the GP out-lap STAY ON RIGHT OF THE CONES! As I was accelerating from the Tiergarten chicane and was nearly taken out by a ME Racing Lamborghini slowly cutting from the right straight onto the racing line right in front of me :eek: If I hadn't swerved to avoid it, there'd have been a massive accident. Ever wondered about the purpose of those cones in Coca-Cola curve?
Secondly, rejoining the track after an accidents during the race. Again, at least 2 times I was nearly totaled by Lamborghinis. What's wrong with you guys? Don't you want to finish too? I mean with all the wheels still attached to the car and everything? Yellow flags don't give you the right of way, they are the warning for others to watch out. If a driver sees a yellow flag he's likely to look around for slow/stationary cars, if the track is clear he's not going to stop and wait for you to make a 3-point turn across the track! So don't count on it. If you crashed or spun out, just sit there and wait for others to come by. You have a radar at the bottom of the screen, use it. Follow your self-preservation instinct ;)

lol seem some poeple still seem to ignore the stated way to pit and use the cut in to gain a small advantage, only a test race i guess hopfully there wont be teams doing this in the real race,lol
Hopefully this utterly unnecessary rule will be changed soon. I pitted twice, the second time I went round a GP lap as required by the rule, but the first time I had a puncture and was really getting in the way of GT2 cars so I pitted ASAP. Now even if that would cause a penalty, I'd still do it not to risk a DNF. Now imagine if I were cutting through the fence like that while someone else came from the right, from behind the fence. That's just another reason to do it like it's done in reality and in every race at the 'Ring I've ever entered.

Don't worry Shane. There is a lot more things to do than lowering track or oponent cars details. You can lower the number of visible cars, or make your hedlights not to iluminate cars in front of You, just to give some examples.

I'd been fine up until that point, offline getting 160fps, stick in 40+ AI cars and still getting 140-150+ for the majority of the lap... Some sort of lagout during the driver swap and I got a freezeframe during it, then ended up with that disaster...

sorry to anyone I impeded on my failed journey back to the pits with a puncture :(

Not sure where to post this or who is in charge of TeamSpeak. There's an error in channel naming. The name of our team is not Ecurie Motorsport. It's 'Ecurie Simotorsport'. FYI: the actual team name is Simotorsport, while 'Ecurie' is just another word for 'stable', 'scuderia' etc etc. Please correct. Thank you.

P.S. GT2 SimTech Motorsport, please guys. I think, that some members of your team need seriously to think about your CHAT behaviour during the event (qualification and warm up). Even despite the fact that this was a test race. It's unacceptable here at RD.

You got right in anyway, so big sorry for this.
I by myself hate the Chat Box, it pops up, i try to read, but i can´t read and drive at the same Time, so i missed mostly the Apex.

We´ll trying to make it better and use next Time Teamspeak!!!

I have to say i took the "early" pitoption aswell , but i was deadlast, had left half my porsche by the side of the road somewhere halfway, and after doing half a lap at around 100km/h with a flat tyre, i figured it was safer then risk limping around the GP track knowing the pack was probably going to catch up with me while i was limping around.
Had to do that twice unfortunatly, so i don't think we will be expecting the safety deposit back on the rented 996 :p

Our drivers reported seeing people pitting off the Nordschleife where we were doing as instructed... so we were loosing almost 2 minutes every time we pitted so the final time we needed to stop we just went straight in rather than doing the gp track...

I really really really hope the pitting off the GP layout isnt used as people will gain time from not doing this as its hard to police with 40 cars racing

Not sure where to post this or who is in charge of TeamSpeak. There's an error in channel naming. The name of our team is not Ecurie Motorsport. It's 'Ecurie Simotorsport'. FYI: the actual team name is Simotorsport, while 'Ecurie' is just another word for 'stable', 'scuderia' etc etc. Please correct. Thank you.

I guess Remco missed that one when creating the channels..
Easyfix thou :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back