2011 | 24 Hours of Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qually: went well but after 2 laps on track I pressed ESC and my game ctd with a runtime error.. Luckily I managed to grab GT2 pole when got back on server which was a surprise to me.
Race: Did not start from pole as I seen GT2 cars in front of me on the start.
Without testing much race setup (full stint runs, fuel consumption and night racing) I had a ok race with boost 1 until 0.8 of the race where I lost control in 1st corner and spun. Tried to close the gap on one of the porsches but made a mistake and had to retire.
If it's possible, would love to take part in the 24Hr race with my new team.
Rising Power Motorsports for the win.. ))

well, I think its fair to say that I learned a lot from last nights test race...

At first I was disappointed at how many drivers for not showing up even though they signed up and said they would.... I will be looking through the list and seeing who was present and who was not to help determine the entry list.

Sadly a few drivers failed to read the repeated messages in the forum and in the server and kept on getting rFactor crashes and then not changing anything and returning within 30s only to crash out of the game again. This is what causes the server to crash..... Constant connections/disconnections and the removal of ghosts from the server really send it mad, thats why it locked up when it changed from qualifying to the race.

However, once we restarted and people sorted out their issues the server was perfect, we had 56 drivers start the race, something I did not know was possible with rFactor. We wont have that many on the actual race but I am thinking a number close to 50 will be fine.

I will post a new thread with support for people with older pc's and for people who experianced more runtime errors than others.

Thanks to all who attended and took it seriously.

Dunno if it's just because of the 27" screen running 1980x1050 but I really struggled yesterday. I had 25 visible cars, track was setted to high, everything else medium except shadows low and no blur. I have 3.5ghz dualcore, gtx 570 and 8gb ram so my rig should be enough to except more fps than 30. :(

Graphics are already below the par I'd like them to be and now I need to turn down also the track, sniff. ;( ;(

Dunno if it's just because of the 27" screen running 1980x1050 but I really struggled yesterday. I had 25 visible cars, track was setted to high, everything else medium except shadows low and no blur. I have 3.5ghz dualcore, gtx 570 and 8gb ram so my rig should be enough to except more fps than 30. :(

Graphics are already below the par I'd like them to be and now I need to turn down also the track, sniff. ;( ;(

Turn your visible vehicles to 10-12, 25 is too many for a race like this as after a hour or so you wont even see 25 cars on the same stretch of the track :)

Already turned most details down to low, visible cars to 15, just didn´t help (enough). I'm not very keen on switching DX, often gives me weird texture kerfuffle. ;) Like you already stated, it's probably the combination of track and mod, never had any issues with more than 40+ cars, Nordschleife and the enduracer mod is probably too much. Obviously it's just about time to upgrade my computer. :rolleyes: Thought about the smaller *.dds files too, might be a useful idea for such an event. ;)

Team Name: Speedmaster Racing
Class Preference 1: GT2
Car choice 1: Spyker C8 GTR
Car Choice 2: Porsche 996
Class Preference 2: GT1
Car choice 1: Corvette C6R
Car Choice 2: Saleen
Team Nationality: German
Car Number: #59
Edit:

Team Name: Online-Simracing.de
Class Preference 1: GT1
Car choice 1: Lamborghini Murceliago RGT
Car Choice 2: Saleen
Class Preference 2: GT2
Car choice 1: Spyker C8 GTR
Car Choice 2: Porsche 996
Team Nationality: German
Car Number: #59

Team Name: Torrent Motorsports - IPForge
Car choice 1: Porsche 997
Car Choice 2: Spyker
Car choice 1: Lamborghini Murcielago
Car Choice 2: Saleen S7R
Team Nationality: American
Car Number: 888

Team Name: Torrent Motorsports - Mowbol
Car choice 1: Porsche 997
Car Choice 2: Spyker
Car choice 1: Lamborghini Murcielago
Car Choice 2: Saleen S7R
Team Nationality: American
Car Number: 008

Updated and final now..

some action from the test event

think i did pritty well not owning rfactor for to long and on a 54 car grid

9-11 position im happy with and doing well to allow the GT1 cars to pass me by no problems at all :)

had an error in the last 10 mins tho and hit a wall due to destraction at home lol and no point limping back to the pits so sorry i just retires to garage and watched the race from there

enjoy

it was a scary moment :) esp as i was in GT2 looool so many big cars around me but i did well to keep the pace and make some positions even past a GT1 lambo lol but then i had to let you guys through :) nice pass on me clean and sweet

Yesterday when testing we decided to try do some driver swaps... being from Aus i know that driver swaps on international server tend to not play nice sometimes.

Anyway after 8 attempts only 2 worked :S We have clean installs and made sure that we ran the same car & upgrades ect ect is there anything else we can try to maybe help this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back