2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Stirb Iuliu

Yeah, I've got my external bandwith boosted to 1024 kbps, and still same lost connection bug.
It's not the connection that's for sure. No game in this world requires more than 50-100 kpbs in order to maintain the data flow.

I ran out of ideas, and looks like I won't be able to finish this campionship unless a miracle will step in the way.

mathieu[BZH];110546 said:
sorry for the push simon trendell

I got pushed so many times I'm not really bothered :)
I need to give a huge apology to someone for the start of race 2 (can't remember your name) where I tried to dash off the track but instead reversed into your path. I'm very sorry :(
Overall I was a bit wound up after last night so many people not giving room, causing others to be squeezed out and cause incidents. Unfortunately I was very much on the receiving end but I did have a few good laps harrassing Wido :)

Some good close racing again, when theres only about a second from 1st to last in qualifying you know its going to be close great racing..:) .

First race started 16th finished 11th..:)

Race two started p13 and on the first lap got pushed on to the grass and ended up 19th, got up to 12th but on the last lap i caught up with Jacco Cornelissen and i think i was a bit to hot going into druids and caught the back of him which spun him in the gravel i let him back through for 11th sorry mate..:(. Brands is a very hard track for overtaking and its hard to make a clean pass which makes for the close racing, all in all great fun. See you all after the summer break for some more awesome racing ...:)

In my case it had nothing to do with the bandwith itself, the issue was from the internet provider side, every time they suffered from cuts in the connection, sometimes for few mintues, sometimes just for seconds, they could not solve it until i was splitting blood in there...

Written from memory, excuse any errors

Qualifying

I was wedged down in the mid-teens in the order until my very last lap, when I managed to banzai the track and improve by nearly 7 tenths to put myself in P7.

Race 1

I got a decent enough start and ended up having a battle with Helder Filipe, who was suffering from a mixture of an oversteery setup and a rather aggressive driving style which eventually caught him out as he went off at Westfield.

So, I found myself in P3, trying but failing to chase down Fernando de Almeida, but heading into the last couple of laps, I had a bit of a moment (and a half) at Sheene, losing two places to finish P5.

Race 2

I got another decent-ish start and got myself right in the thick of the action right from the off. I found myself hung out to dry and boxed in, curiously at the same time, into both Paddock and Druids, and forced wide at Graham Hill Bend by fellow TS user Chris Noble. While there was quite a bit of argy-bargy, at the front of the field at least I didn't think any of it was malicious. Actually I was very pleased with the driving standards that I witnessed; a vast improvement from Group 3 last time at Estoril.

At Clark on lap 1, heading towards the line to start lap 2, I got a run on both Chris Noble and James Yates who had come in together; I thought I'd try and keep as much momentum as possible, but I was only given the outside as a route - I took it, and I could've held an outside line through paddock without a problem, if only I hadn't stuck my rear left a fraction over the white line - instant spin, leading to a very big shunt.

Thankfully no-one else was involved, and once I had let everyone through, I rejoined the track with half of the back end of the car missing. I trundled around to gauge if it was worth taking back to the pits, but it felt like someone had replaced all of the car's fluids with custard - I rolled as far as Surtees, at which point the engine gave up, DNF.

Still; I crashed backwards, which means I crashed properly, and I didn't take anyone else out in the process so if I was going to DNF, that was the best way to go about it I guess.

See you in Oschersleben; hopefully after some practice - since Istanbul I've only done a handful of laps prior to entering the server on the day, but with the summer break I now have time to actually set the car up properly :)

here they are

Jerome envelopped in dust, race1 halfway through lap1

[media]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/5703/race07rdbrandsbenardsmoou9.jpg[/media]

chasing Victor Shaw lap three or four

[media]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9158/race07rdbrandsvictorsmoxc9.jpg[/media]

Me getting grilled (damn it was a hot race ...)

[media]http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8569/race07rdbrandsmeburninghz0.jpg[/media]

[media]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3329/race07rdbrandsmeburningvn5.jpg[/media]

team mate Kris takes a good look and then drives off without rescuing my bum. Ah the perils of being team manager!

[media]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6626/race07rdbrandsmeburningnw6.jpg[/media]

i love the smoke mod, have it installed myself, must remember to turn it off in race and only use for replay though - sometimes totally obscures view ahead.

nice pics and hope you recovered from the fire ok. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back