2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are usualy disqualified because of previous round incidents or non reported absences. However, while the incident report+briefing shows who is disqualified and why, some don't read it and still go to pre qualify

• Chris Noble

Hmm this is definately a good BMW track! always run well in the BMW here.

But i am driving a Honda this time.

Managed a 1:35.135 so far, going to be hard to improve on that I reckon, just dont have the power out of the corners.

The BMWs are the fastest again but the margin is small when looking at the V-Wtcc, but when the race comes little of that matters. I'll be struggling with tire wear again like I always do, I hate tire wear. Also this track its very easy to lose your race with the smallest lapse in concentration. Theres little run off areas in key high speed places and that can make for a misty eyed ending to anyones race.

Hopefully I can continue where I left off at Estoril, got my fingers crossed.

BTW I put my set up in the setup section, lots of understeer still there's another 3-4 tenths easy if I can just dial some of it out.

Just did a couple of laps. Haven't touched the wheel since estoril. I was trying on a slow computer again and it was hard to control the car as the fps was to low for my comfort zone. I will probably not race here as it is to much of a struggle to do so snce my internet connection is still down. If I have some time left tomorow evening I will try and do some laps to get a normal quali and then I will decide on friday about the race...

Amount of laps during pre-qualification (solved)

I may not have searched hard enough, but I spent a good 10 minutes....

I could not find the maximum allowed laps for pre-qualifying. Is there a max?

Any help appreciated.

Keith Barrick

After alot of messing with the setup, and some good advice ;) I managed to nail a time I am confident will be group #1 which was my goal. 1:33.275

If it seems I might not make G1 I will do everything in my power to be there :)

Look forward to racing with the talent that dwells here at RD.

Keith Barrick

for some reason i can't seem to get it together at Brands,despite it being my favourite track alongside Donnington

as it stands my fastest is 01:35.604, can't get any more yet,will try again though.

Dave

This is a very frustrating track with the 08 cars. This was my favorite track in RACE but now with the additional power in these cars I can't seem to get the BMW to glide around the track like I want to, I have to be very patient and sometimes erratic to get the results.

I was on point for a 32.3xx today but mucked it a couple of times, regardless the time is safe and I will try get a race setup going as well as some laps with race fuel load to see how the car behaves. Ironically I'm suffering from lots of understeer here, go figure lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back