2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I most of the time get a ping of 45-55 :)

The race then?
The qualification was CLOSE!! At one point I had 1.47.21x 5th place and Jari had then 1.47.15x in first!!
Really was looking forward to this race with my 6th quali. My only concern was about if it was going to be rough when it was sooooo close. But I'm really pleased and think it was the best and cleanest race I've driven, at least around me :) Made a fantastic start in race 1, from 6th to 3rd before the first turn. And lucky me there was mistakes in front of me and the last 4 laps I could run by my own in first place at a really safe speed :)

Was hoping for a start like in the first race but didn't went that well. Gained one spot. Couldn't keep up the pace with those in front of me the first laps but I think my setup did all the work at the end, not losing that much in laptimes. Smaller accidents and I was 4th when someone hit me. Was closing up on the front by then, not far behind. Though I would had a chance of 3rd or even 2nd without that touch. But race accidents happens and I'm really pleased with this nights result.
@Atti: Don't expect any race incident report from me this time :)

Something that don't please me though...WHY WHY WHY was there only 20 drivers in group 1?????? Of course the life can come in the way as pointed out before. But it hurts anyway. Struggling for those maximum 90 points/race in group 2 instead of 95 or 94/race just to keep the car running. Haven't decided yet which is funniest, hard fighting for a win in group 2 or carrying home more points?

Struggled in pre qual to get into thee low 46 but managed to stay in G1 and was really happy for that as i knew i can be competive in the race.
Spent the practise trying to find a good pace with race fuel.
Qualy was really good for me as i did a good first hotlap that kept me infront of some of the aliens for quite some time,didnt manage to improve the 1.46.5 i did in lap 1 thou,8th position on the grid :) alot better than expected.

Race 1 the start was a disaster with too low revs almost stalling the car but 10th-12th in T1.Tried to stay out of trouble for the first lap but it aint easy when the pack is on the hunt.
Some accidents with ppl running off track and some small mistakes infront of me put me back at 8th again and i managed to stay there beeing able to see the 4th position in the straights (the gap wasnt big infront or behind)at the end of the race 3 laps to go or so i kind of lost the momentum by some reason,grip was fading and also nerves came into the race but i managed to defend clean i hope.

Race 2....MUMMY!!!!! im in P1 at the start with a chevy and a bad 1st race start in memory....geeez....keep the revs up keep the revs up (chanting to my self)
Lights out and.....no grip...Haba from 2nd away like a rocket....also Atti flying past...stayed calm on the inside and got 2nd position back after the usual humping and bumping in T1 (all fair thou what i could see).Marcin was now in 3rd and geez those beemers must have rocketfuel in them.sector 1 and 2 seemed to be even between us but i managed to open a small gap about 0.8 in sector 3 all the time and he kept taking it back into T1 trying to outbrake me on the inside,but he was too far away on the straight so i could close the door on him in the turn.Must add that it was really nice driving from Marcin not hitting me once making those kamikaze dives every lap *clap clap clap*.
Finally he must have made a mistake somewhere and Atti was now in 3rd about 1 sec behind....last few laps i managed to pull away little by little and most of it in the final chicane and parabolica crossing the line in 2nd 3.5 sec infront of Atti.

Great race and see ya all in Brands

Ps.Big grats to C.Haba who just pulled away slowly ending with a 7 sec gap...WELL DONE

Yeah, sorry Rami just watched the replay, I confused you with another orange car.

I was quite confident coming into these races but things once agian didnt click. I had my usual phase of 'what the hell is this' regarding the grip availble in practice 1 and i knew then that the car in race trim wont be as competitive as i had hoped. I havnt got time or the energy to make two setups for quali and race and i usually use the same setup for every track, but if i want to improve it seems i may have to work on the setup abit more.

Race one, managed an ok start and got through the first corner but what i feared may happen in T1 happened at T3. i turned in as normal after checking the guy behind wasnt passing and out of knowwhere i got T-boned which spat me sideways into the gravel. Dropped to last but made sure i kept focussed and tried as hard as i could to salvage a decent result. Eventually came home in 9th.

First few laps of Race 2 for me were terrible. I was quite surprised to see such stupidity from what i thought were the best in the business. Opening lap i picked my way through the carnage and was looking at p6 but during the next few laps several half hearted/ impossible passing attempts forced me to concentrate on keeping a sideways car on the track rather than moving up the order. Finished around 8th.

Brands seems another BMW track, but hopefully i can come up with a setup that will give me a competitive car to race with.

Thanks to those who have organised and continue to maintain a great series. I didnt think racing online champs could be as good as this, its certainly feeding my competitive side during my racing break. Keep up the good work.

Ollie W.

• William Gauzan

DR first race, qualifying Group 2, the good battle ds 2 races, I found very fair play attitude of the pilots knew that I did in the peloton head!

Thank you all and the next

Well i still feel a bit battered and bruised from yesterdays races...

Qual:5th Finish: 5th

Got off line ok and round T1 with no events and on with the race,early pace felt great and i could keep with those i wanted to keep up with,likewise those behind were staying close to me,eventually it spread out a bit,a small knock in the rear put me a bit sideways and wide,and the guy took the place and kept it,so not long later i took the place back,then later the tyres went a bit bad and i was defenceless,dropping from 3rd to 5th on the last 2 laps,good racing William Gauzan taking the time to pass nice and clean :thumb:,also James Yates chasing close at the end with a slightly faster car,but he never touches me,and shows respect backing out of some passes that he could have followed through,Gentleman!:thumb:.
Race2 from 4th went good as well,had to defend the inside running down to T1 as i saw Evy made a better start,but she just drove around the outside of me at T1 anyway(nice):thumb:,i followed around until i got a good run out the final turn on Evy and took the place back under brakes into T1,room was given for a nice clean pass,this also put me right on the back bumper of Jari in 3rd,again the early pace felt great and i could pressure Jari and was thinking of where i could a move on him,then my race starts to take a turn for the worse......i start to take hits in the back of my car,putting my back end out and generally slowing things down,and ofcourse not doing anyones tyres any good,this lets Jari pull away ofcourse,i get a bit a break for a few laps from those behind and manage to claw back the gap to Jari again,setup changes after Race1 seem to be working good,im confident of better tyres later on,then the 3 guys in the lead ahead start to bunch up and slow each other a bit,this lets me and my Mark Apat close right in on them,this is looking great for a fantastic 5 car showdown to the end for the win,sadly on lap 9 Mark gets it a bit wrong and clobbers me off the track into another post code,we both went off actually,but he waits for me to recover ahead,such a pity,we were looking good for a good race there...oh well,recovered in 9th right behind Mtommi Tam and Paul Bordeau having a close looking battle,going in the chicane i went in fast and wasnt really thinking of passing Mtommi at all,but i found if i didnt go for this move the only option was hitting his back bumper,somehow on earth Mtommi was aware of this and gave me the room!?,amazing!,thats total awareness and racing intelligence m8 :thumb:,im sorry to you for that rather rude and bullyish move,my excuse is i was totally out of rythym and sync with that race now after recovering back on behind you,finish 8th just ahead of Mtommi,who i think had the better car late in the race and probably could have passed me.

Gratso to the winners and podiums,and big thanks to RD again :thumb:.

(Evy sweety check your race2 replay please,its all very well telling me after race you never hit me,but this stuff is all recorded:p)

• Jacek Kozlowski

Karl i understand that You couldnt do anything.No problem,things like that happend in racing with no one falt.

Martijn You didnt case me any problem,as i said try to be more focuse next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back