VWSR S4: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Julio L.Voces
@William Néron
@Simon Christmann
@Patrick Wannemuller
@Mark Lekeny

I've reserved a seat for you guys. Because you couldn't be at test race 1. :thumbsup:
But please confirm if you are able to join sunday.
I'm going to remove non confirmed drivers and add the reserves Friday evening.

@Ivan Rico
@Ferran Grau
@Jason Skyring

Feel free to sign up for this if you are able to join. I think there will be seats left for you.
BTW: A custom skin is not mandatory for the league. you can use it and adjust it whenever you want.

@Julio L.Voces
@William Néron
@Simon Christmann
@Patrick Wannemuller
@Mark Lekeny

I've reserved a seat for you guys. Because you couldn't be at test race 1. :thumbsup:
But please confirm if you are able to join sunday.
I'm going to remove non confirmed drivers and add the reserves Friday evening.

@Ivan Rico
@Ferran Grau
@Jason Skyring

Feel free to sign up for this if you are able to join. I think there will be seats left for you.
BTW: A custom skin is not mandatory for the league. you can use it and adjust it whenever you want.

When you force me like this i will be there. I just dont want to take a seat from the regulars. And i thought that a guest driver dont need to participate in the team formation races ;)

so give us some update of the times :)

maybe arrange mid week table so we now what is going on ;)
Daniel, fair enough, I would be curious too.
I'll link the spread sheet shortly as we currently have it for you.
However with such things, so as to avoid confusion, upset or bruised egos its very important to please bear in mind some factors that we will take into account.
1) Its not for WDC points and will have no impact on them. Its simply for team formation so will affect WCC points potential.
2) Due to the accidental superpole format we need to manage some quali times (exclude them in case of one bad lap). Same with a race where a DNF happened on say lap 2. So the spread sheet excludes statistical outliers and then averages the gap to the fastest lap of that session. The average across "valid sessions" is then used to give us "core pace".
3) We need to get a feel for what we might call "core pace" the drivers best pace.
4) Once we have this quantitative data we then need to see if some qualitative data needs to be taken into account. EG Driver X had the fastest lap but driver Y did 15 laps within .015 sec and gained 6 places to take P2.

so give us some update of the times :)

maybe arrange mid week table so we now what is going on ;)
Since Georg has corrected my mis apprehension of what you meant (Hockenheim) I will make a small comment.
Personally i would prefer that no times are published prior. The reason is that these sessions are all about representative pace.
If driver A puts the work in and thinks, "yes thats me done I am ready", but then sees that driver B is faster so does more work and more prep till he has matched his time is it still representative? If he does 4 times his usual prep, and 4 times the laps of driver B to find that pace is that a fair comparison of "core pace"?

So its not life and death, but still remembering what we are trying to do I tend to think, practice till you are happy then bring what you have. There will of course be ppl on the server before but still, I hope you see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 25.3%
  • Full game

Votes: 177 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.9%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 122 17.5%