Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
I apologize as I'm sure this was asked elsewhere, but I couldn't find it using the forum tools: What name/graphics mods for 2017 will work with this mod but not overwrite it's balance changes. I would love to do an F1 2017 season with current team graphics/sponsors and this balance mod.

I apologize as I'm sure this was asked elsewhere, but I couldn't find it using the forum tools: What name/graphics mods for 2017 will work with this mod but not overwrite it's balance changes. I would love to do an F1 2017 season with current team graphics/sponsors and this balance mod.
We know Ice works relatively well... and in honesty, and workshop mod should be fine fitting on top of this mod.

Last edited:
I may have quite a big announcement Monday if a test goes to plan :)

Well, I say 'quite big'... it's a tiny snippet of information... but it's consequences may be huge. But while we wait, how about we get a wish list of new features?

My votes are for:
- making each stat important in the game, driver and mechanics (designers are generally good already)
- adding new rules, such as scrutineering chance.
Changing the Edit Livery into the Edit Team screen used when 'creating a team' (so Edit livery is more like a complete rebranding)

What's your most desired features?

- Definitively yes to increase the importance of Stats. :thumbsup:
- More Engineer (know component) and Mechanic (race bonus) traits.
- More different tracks.
- More livery choices.
- Improved scouting options (for specific stats and traits).
- Having Pre-Season testing more effect then just driver morale.

Last edited:
The livery one would be very good, would give the game more variety, could also mean you could change your livery to match a sponsor, I wonder if it would be possible to do that with uncontrolled teams so if you chose to you could make the changes as you go on to the other participants too.

Also more rule changes are always good, could have a few more points combinations too.

Do you think in future it might be possible for new teams to replace failing ones, perhaps selected from a pool say for example if you were playing with a mod reflecting reality;

Hypothetically:

Haas go bankrupt, or lose interest in the operation, Game spawns email/news that a team is thinking about leaving or that someone has come to invest, game then checks the "application pool" instead of just using the promotion/relegation and selects a team like for example Minardi.

Perhaps we could have teams disappear and not get replaced, or the championship could fill up with more teams, so you could maybe go from 16 cars to 24/26. Doing this you could have teams technically go from being Supplier run teams "BMW Sauber" to the standard, as you could theoretically have them be linked, and it hotswaps the entities.

Do you think in future it might be possible for new teams to replace failing ones, perhaps selected from a pool say for example if you were playing with a mod reflecting reality;

Hypothetically:

Haas go bankrupt, or lose interest in the operation, Game spawns email/news that a team is thinking about leaving or that someone has come to invest, game then checks the "application pool" instead of just using the promotion/relegation and selects a team like for example Minardi.

Perhaps we could have teams disappear and not get replaced, or the championship could fill up with more teams, so you could maybe go from 16 cars to 24/26.
I can't answer that while at work, but I'll be addressing all the ideas next week :)

Something like Regen Teams (same princiapl as regen drivers or staff) for after teams bankrupts.
- Also I would like to see a lot more keybindings (quicksave, quickload, driver 1-2 driving & enigne style changes...)

TheFlamingRed said:
- making each stat important in the game, driver and mechanics (designers are generally good already)
- adding new rules, such as scrutineering chance.
Changing the Edit Livery into the Edit Team screen used when 'creating a team' (so Edit livery is more like a complete rebranding)
-Have suppliers statistics change year on year instead of being purely static.

These three definitely seconded. Not that I'd have anything agains more tracks and stuff either.

Personally, my dream with the chassis creation is something along these lines:
-One of the choices is the base car chassis, which also changes the model used. So in GT you choose if you want to base you car on BMW or Aston or whatever and so on.
-Supplier stats change over the years
-Possibility for the chosen chassis parts to affect more than 2 characteristics
-All the chassis stats are more important in general and compromises have to be made, not only in price vs quality but truly between the stats
-Other choises would be more general in nature (because clearly we are doing all the engine building etc ourselves anyways), e.g. engine type (I6, V8, V10...), something about chassis materials (steel, aluminium, composites), and maybe a tyre supplier or something.
-Some sort of bonuses for staying loyal for a supplier, both in money and in performance.

Second thing that I'd like to see is some more things related to our staff. Drivers have all kinds of nice stuff, but the rest of the staff is neglected.

Perhaps we could have teams disappear and not get replaced, or the championship could fill up with more teams, so you could maybe go from 16 cars to 24/26. Doing this you could have teams technically go from being Supplier run teams "BMW Sauber" to the standard, as you could theoretically have them be linked, and it hotswaps the entities.

As a continuation for that... have this trigger the creation of own team available for player.
"Minardi is going bankrupt, want to form a team to replace them?"

Only thing I can think of right now is driver stats to mean much more than they currently do. I hate the system of 'who has the highest total stat number', makes everything feel hollow.

hi. i've been playing this balanced mod with the ICE mod 2017 and it as been a very nice experience.

In this mod the thing that i don´t like the most are the speeds to speed up the races. How do i change this to the original speeds of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 132 27.1%
  • Full game

Votes: 116 23.8%
  • CPU

Votes: 61 12.5%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 87 17.9%