The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I'd have to assume the "as good as you could hope for" isn't a reference to my substandard liveries than more so the lack off a chrome look that the showroom isn't that good at. Remembering that these cars were still under development at the time. So if your meaning the shine, chrome. Lets take a look at that..View attachment 777733View attachment 777735View attachment 777736View attachment 777737View attachment 777738
Just on point off interest View attachment 777739View attachment 777740
A lot has to do with the way the car/s are set up in game. This guy would have to be one off the best I've seen and I've been around doing this for close to 20 years more or less. As you may appreciate I've seen the really bad to the extremely good. Like everything there is a much small pool off the very good to average to just bad.

P.S. If I read it wrong and the comment "was" actually to suggest my livery work is substandard I truly look forward to what is possible to make them better. After all I'm always open to learning new tricks.

Oh, there is no criticism from me! They all look great.

In terms of texturing, I adopted Substance painter a long time ago. You can paint directly on the UVs or the mesh using PBR textures. There is also a layer stack like Photoshop per material. Baking mesh maps can be done inside Substance too.

Screenshot 2024-08-19 163235.jpg
Screenshot 2024-08-19 163441.jpg
Screenshot 2024-08-19 164329.jpg
Screenshot 2024-08-19 164428.jpg
Screenshot 2024-08-19 164501.jpg
Screenshot 2024-08-19 164522.jpg
Screenshot 2024-08-19 164609.jpg
Screenshot 2024-08-19 164800.jpg

Spare time is in extremely short supply these last few months, but I've made a bit of progress. Only geometry left to create is the 5-point harness, basically. Then lots of mesh/object optimization, final UVs for the non-livery and non-decal parts, and final textures. And a couple basic animations. And physics. And the digital instruments. Then LODs.

She's gettin' there.

View attachment 777922View attachment 777923View attachment 777924View attachment 777925View attachment 777926View attachment 777927View attachment 777928View attachment 777929

Spare time is in extremely short supply these last few months, but I've made a bit of progress. Only geometry left to create is the 5-point harness, basically. Then lots of mesh/object optimization, final UVs for the non-livery and non-decal parts, and final textures. And a couple basic animations. And physics. And the digital instruments. Then LODs.

She's gettin' there.
Oh yes! What a good looking racecar :inlove:

After the release off the 2001 series about 48 hours ago that's been downloaded 100 times I'll start the 2002 series.
This logo is still W.P. though it's close to being done. 100% vector so it's completely editable, just like every sponsor tag, logo on all the skins I do. No Targa, PNG, Jpeg GIF.
Series_2002.jpg

Just on a point off interest, I was asked a while ago about doing payed liveries for mod team. This would have involved real world and custom liveries. With the custom liveries you need to design and create fictional sponsors. I would have to assume they had some sort off data base with already made logos.

My question is, How much would a skinner expect to get payed?

I couldn't put a price on it as each car, livery is different. You can do a one color with a few tags or you can make a livery that can to a lot off hours to make or repeat when talking about real world. So at the end off the day the offer went cold. I did ask but he wouldn't give me a base price or any idea on how much they where willing to pay.

So to all you skinners out there, Have you done payed work and what is it worth?

Just on a point off interest, I was asked a while ago about doing payed liveries for mod team. This would have involved real world and custom liveries. With the custom liveries you need to design and create fictional sponsors. I would have to assume they had some sort off data base with already made logos.

My question is, How much would a skinner expect to get payed?

I couldn't put a price on it as each car, livery is different. You can do a one color with a few tags or you can make a livery that can to a lot off hours to make or repeat when talking about real world. So at the end off the day the offer went cold. I did ask but he wouldn't give me a base price or any idea on how much they where willing to pay.

So to all you skinners out there, Have you done payed work and what is it worth?
That varies from $5 to $50 I'd say depending on the complexity and the size of the order (a larger order of simple single color vintage liveries with a single number, versus just a single modern complex livery).

View attachment 777922View attachment 777923View attachment 777924View attachment 777925View attachment 777926View attachment 777927View attachment 777928View attachment 777929

She's gettin' there.

That's coming along nicely!

That looks fantastic! I'd suggest doing a trial fitting with the AC driver model, as with the Lotus 16 we had to modify the 3d model a bit to get the stiff AC driver model to fit without clipping through parts of the car. Super excited to work on this if you make it publically available as with the Lotus!
Be lovely if someone could build a new driver and pit crew models for that matter. Really hate doing the suits. The mapping is the worst! The suits wrinkles and folds are way out off proportion. he's just plain ugly.

Latest News

Back