The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Nothing impressive, still working on curves... :sleep:
Tracks curves are basically finished, now going for all road marks, i guess 80% of them are done as well. Then some more measuring, fine tuning and i should be happy with the basic layout.
To keep me motivated i will keep posting something from time to time... ;)
progress_15.jpg
progress_14.png
progress_13.jpg
progress_12.png
progress_11.png

So after working on the track for the last year I actually visited the track in real life yesterday for the first time since ...2016? First time since 2019 it opened for the general public. I took hundreds of pictures but literally none of the cars present or on track :roflmao: :roflmao: despite there being a rather diverse field of trackday cars and vintage race cars. One 20 minute grid was "anything open wheel", from GDR 2-stroke Melkus' through Caterhams to some older F3s on the track at the same time.

Given I was working of the LiDAR clound and whatever photos, maps and videos I could find online I did surprisingly well on at least the main pit building. This is my model with the photo (taken from the grandstand opposite) put behind it in Blender. It's not perfect but a lot better than expected.

edit: and ofc I'm correcting it. Model is still in a form (non applied modifiers) that makes this easy
2.jpg

Last edited:
Just a new on-board lap of my Battenbergring circuit, now that the visuals are almost complete.

Looking for cars to use for the video has made me realise just how few good quality 1950s cars we have for AC :( (Battenbergring was used between 1953-1956, although never for car races). A big thank you to @JeezyCreezy / @aphidgod for their fantastic D-Type, though :thumbsup:

As always, love your version numbers. And tracks. I could complement the gorgeous track but, because superlatives are repetitive...

I know there's a couple of spins in the video but it's an excellent advert for how much fun the AC AI can be with the right attention paid to the car and track - your driving is brilliant but their behaviour is very believable too, so thanks for making this aspect so enjoyable.

made me realise how few 1950s cars we have

Agreed, but these '50s tracks make a wonderful "what if Le Mans '55 never happened?" in my mind, so I thoroughly enjoy them with the various '60s (and '20s!) cars we have been gifted with.

Is it illegal if someone converted cars from DiRT Rally 2.0 to Assetto Corsa? Genuine question.

It's against RD rules for sure.

As for the legalities of it, I suspect it's not illegal to do it, but it would be illegal to upload Codemasters' models/IP for others to access. Don't take that as gospel though. But they're well aware people do it in shadier corners of the web, they don't need to be told - ultimately is it worth their time and expense doing anything about it?

Not the thread for discussing that though, I'd opine.

Last edited:
Just a new on-board lap of my Battenbergring circuit, now that the visuals are almost complete.

Looking for cars to use for the video has made me realise just how few good quality 1950s cars we have for AC :( (Battenbergring was used between 1953-1956, although never for car races). A big thank you to @JeezyCreezy / @aphidgod for their fantastic D-Type, though :thumbsup:

Don't forget stereo's C1 Corvette, just snuck in with a '59.

The amount of small little details, the scenery, the lush greenery, the patches of dirt. Yet another masterpiece. I could ask myself why this is a v0.2 and not v0.9, but that's Fat-Alfie-standards :p

Is it YT compression that makes the telephone/power cables nearly disappear? I heard CSP had some function for this, no idea if and how that works.

It's only v0.2.1 because on my first track (Thomson Road) I ran out of version numbers, ending up with v0.9.9.5, v0.9.9.6, etc :rolleyes: These days, I tend to start lower and go from v0.3 -> v1.0 :)

The phone cables might be down to YouTube, yes. They are quite clear in-game (even in VR). They are textures on flat planes, rather than modelled, so if needed I could simply beef up the alpha channel to make the cables 'thicker'.

G O R G E O U S
G O R G E O U S² :D

Just a new on-board lap of my Battenbergring circuit, now that the visuals are almost complete....
Simply amazing David, and the section through the town of Batterberg left me in awe,...unbelievable:notworthy::thumbsup:

As for the cars, so true, sadly. But the 250GTO could probably also be sneaked in. Its 60s, but kinda still has the 50s vibes

Last edited:

Latest News

Back