The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I have no idea what I'm doing

1633955761190.png

I have no idea what I'm doing
Finally a worthy opponent for the Honda Acty! :sneaky:

could anyone, maybe of the livery crowd, help me and recreate this "checkered flag" texture? Just the flag, without any windows or anything else (no need to be accurate, my tries doing this with the path tool took two hours and looked like **** :poop:). I would use this to make the actual texture then.
Zwischenablage01.png

could anyone, maybe of the livery crowd, help me and recreate this "checkered flag" texture? Just the flag, without any windows or anything else (no need to be accurate, my tries doing this with the path tool took two hours and looked like **** :poop:). I would use this to make the actual texture then.
View attachment 509555
oh yeah
a checker textured on a subdivided plane, with some noise
i can find some time tomorrow :)

Yes why, I'm having an aneurysm, how could you tell?
slight off-topic (as always from me heh) but if you wanna keep yourself from having blurred vision after few hours of working, switch to light theme in max. (and use some neutral-middle shades of gray in viewport).
Dark interface "burns" your eyes less, yes, but eyes having to focus on something thin (edges, or buttons/text) on dark background, actually get tired much more. And in general, dark theme everything gives a lot of strain on your vision.

Last edited:
View attachment 509555
Zwischenablage02.jpg

is it wunderbar enough ?

Hi, I've been a lurker for long enough here, time for me to post a little bit.
I have started to learn how to skin a few weeks ago, and I haven't stopped since then.

So far I've released two skins (a red and a blue, I'm also working on a "camo" type black and white livery for that one) for the Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 from kunos.
182251_the new void-ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016.jpg182438_the new void-ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016.jpg181917_the new void-ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016.jpg

I'm working on several others :

- Chevrolet Corvette C7R Gr3 from Chivas (pure pain to work on that one, the mapping is attrocious), my very first skin, should be released soon:tm: I guess
220723_monza-chawaii_c7rct3-unknown.jpg222022_monza-chawaii_c7rct3-unknown.jpg

- Porsche 908 LH, "Garage Martineau" livery I'm making for 2H on modern Spa with a few friends, need the green light before release
181409_the new void-ks_porsche_908_lh.jpg181440_the new void-ks_porsche_908_lh.jpg

-Toyota Supra A90 time attack version, I'm making the livery from Jackie Ding (with a few changes here and there, as we don't have the perfect recreation of his car in AC), should be done soon as well
182712_the new void-paris_toyota_supra_a90_s1.jpg182941_the new void-paris_toyota_supra_a90_s1.jpg

Planned :
- Cupra Leon Competition
- Skoda Fabia R5

Other than skins :
- Currently re-working on the CSP config for the Vision 1789, as well as adding LODs

so yeah.. not a track or a car (I have a few things to say about a track project.. but not now) but that's what I'm able to do atm

Last edited:
and of course, the links are ****ed up.
why does RD have such a low cap on images ?
even 100kb is too much
(fixed, sorry for the atrocious quality of my images.. had to convert to 50% jpg at 1000x800)

Last edited:
Finally a worthy opponent for the Honda Acty! :sneaky:
1634234847152.png

1634234875825.png

1634234898436.png

Can I play too ?
I've got two questions.
1) I can't find how to remove the heat shimmering from the exhaust ? Any docs ?
2) One of my inside cameras is stuck (F1-6) in the middle of the car. Any clue why?
1634235551180.png

The stuck camera is probably the dash cam, if you haven't set that one up? Coords for that are in dash_cam.ini and I think you can auto-set that from the Onboard Settings app. (?)

Also make sure your tire radius in tyres.ini matches up with the size of the tires in your 3d, that'll solve the floating wheels issue it looks like you're having.

• Love
Reactions: x0t
The stuck camera is probably the dash cam, if you haven't set that one up? Coords for that are in dash_cam.ini and I think you can auto-set that from the Onboard Settings app. (?)

Also make sure your tire radius in tyres.ini matches up with the size of the tires in your 3d, that'll solve the floating wheels issue it looks like you're having.
I just fixed both. Thanks for the tip !

Latest News

Back