The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

ka-pow !

TbpoZic.png

Baked all over, definitely helps the look... now I just need to split up some materials (eg. make frame + turbo not the same) and some objects (animated suspension)
lXdAlX3.jpg

Not the easiest car to hit apexes in without VR... viewpoint is pretty far from the tires.

8trKEyj.jpg

Not really a fair fight unfortunately... modern tires are quite a bit grippier so it just walks away in a straight line despite being way more ungainly.

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous! :inlove:

Forgive me if I'm too quick, you might not have come to detailing yet. It appears the back end of the sideskirt is tapered outward a bit, same with the crease on the panel above it.
Also the front bumper crease at headlight level appears to become narrower towards the wheelarch a bit more, but that could be due to different lighting conditions.
1604294902745.png

Absolutely gorgeous! :inlove:

Forgive me if I'm too quick, you might not have come to detailing yet. It appears the back end of the sideskirt is tapered outward a bit, same with the crease on the panel above it.
Also the front bumper crease at headlight level appears to become narrower towards the wheelarch a bit more, but that could be due to different lighting conditions.
View attachment 417297

yes the the skirt i know of but didnt touch it yet .About the front bumper its correct (shadow tricks) its just in real one seems more roundish so i will try to fix that and also just notice that the mid line seems to go from front to back ... in my mind it disapeared in the front bumper but from this pic i can see it goes to the front light corner

EPN2Xsa.jpg

Practice makes perfect & so on, moved on from blueprints to photomatches and it's interesting how the overall shape was correct but the side scallop was way too vertical instead of parallelling the wheel arch.

1959 Corvette, you may be asking "what's the catch" and that is that I intend it to be powered by a 458 Italia's 270 cubic inch naturally aspirated V8 (10 less CI than the factory 283, twice the redline + power), have a nice Canyons cruiser that can keep up with the Cobra.

Last edited:
Regardless of engine configuration, the C1 is a gorgeous car to look at. Interested to see the end result :)

Everyone is always talking about photomatching for cars. Are there any pointers on that? Usually it's very hard to find reference axis, and while Blender has no native photomatching tool, there's no direct feedback. I'm going back and forth in fSpy but without actual results (and that's on photo's where I can see all four wheels, basically giving me my planar reference.. - I get that using those as reference the margin of error is huge).

Yeah I don't actually use any tool, I just move the camera settings until it's close enough. The model from blueprints gets me the overall dimensions so I can check focal length.
UbSHePZ.jpg

Photos w/ all the tires is definitely the easiest to work with, and narrow camera angles close to side/front/etc. are also good to start cause you can pretty much set them and not need adjustment.

The set of photos I'm using is from an APS-C camera and focal length is in the exif, unfortunately it seems to be about 10% low according to Blender's camera, but being in the ballpark helps.

Last edited:
Hm yes, EXIF data helps ofcourse. I'm working on old photos without any :p I'll see if it helps if I set the camera to target a null, so the rotation doesn't go all funky with every edit.

Latest News

Back