The W.I.P Thread

Personally....all high powered this and that with water cooling...not really my cup of tea, nor do I really see the need for it. Yep it's nice, but how much of it's potential is used in real terms when gaming? 25%? 40%? That seems like overkill.

When I used to do rendering on the other machine, which wasn't great, I used to get a 1920x1080 render in around 30 to 35 mins of a single F1 car. That was just using an 8 core Bulldozer with 32gb of 1866 ram and 2 x HD6950's in crossfire. But it just used to take too long, so I just let the model settle and took snapshots instead....almost same results for 2 secs processing time.
My machine as been taking around 40-45 minutes to do a 2560x1440 @500 resolution with raytracing setting at #6 thats why I could not understand low ratings on my mercedes mod It took about 4 hours to raytrace 4 pictures but I know you dont like talking about time spent on things :thumbsup:

Personally....all high powered this and that with water cooling...not really my cup of tea, nor do I really see the need for it. Yep it's nice, but how much of it's potential is used in real terms when gaming? 25%? 40%? That seems like overkill.
It will be overkill soon I am buying a 900d 2 more 780 to run 4 way sli and have my eye on a evga classified board where I can install another 16gb of ram , I should have bought 2 x8gb sticks instead of 4x4 but I was impatient and could not find any lol

There honestly isn't that much of a difference between a snapshot and a render for a preview pic.

Snapshot 2 secs, render 40 mins.......honestly cannot see the point. Why make things take longer for something that is just a preview? I can understand it, if it is a work related presentation, but for a preview pic for a freebie mod....doesn't make any sense to me. But each to their own I suppose.

it may only use 25-40% when casual gaming but I want a machine that will Live Stream to youtube @2560x1440p with 3 27" monitors while playing on ultra settings ,
I have been making a couple of Live Streams since last week and the quality is great at 720p at ultra settings on F1 but out of about 6 hours live streaming I noticed the screen freeze on 1 frame for about 300ms so I bought another 780 , but out of 1,000,000kb,s uploaded on 1 stream it never dropped any frames but its better to be safe than sorry :thumbsup:

So essentially you are parting with more money for a GTX 780 for freeze on 1 frame?

That's not overkill to you, but 2400 ram for rendering is?

There honestly isn't that much of a difference between a snapshot and a render for a preview pic.

Snapshot 2 secs, render 40 mins.......honestly cannot see the point. Why make things take longer for something that is just a preview? I can understand it, if it is a work related presentation, but for a preview pic for a freebie mod....doesn't make any sense to me. But each to their own I suppose.
Your mods are the best m8 , I have tried to build a machine so my mods look like yours lol ,
If your quality of work was not on another planet us mortals may have had a chance :)

So essentially you are parting with more money for a GTX 780 for freeze on 1 frame?

That's not overkill to you, but 2400 ram for rendering is?
I Thought I saw it freeze on 1 frame but my 4770k was overclocked to 4.9ghz it does not like that much I forgot to lower it before live streaming , but it could have been something else but my internet is 120mb download and I think 10-15 mb upload they changed it and have not looked ,
But was sick of low quality streams I want my viewers to see the quality of gameplay that I am seeing so I will build the pc to do it :thumbsup:

All I'm saying is our agendas differ. At the moment for gaming and PS stuff I'm just running the same CPU as you, with a GTX 780ti 32gb of 1866 ram off a 256 ssd. Everything I need to run at the quality I want to run it is butterly smooth, no hiccups or glitches. If 4K single gaming monitors and supported software becomes more reasonable in price, then I'll add whats needed once the pros and cons have been weighed up. Until then the setup I have is fine as it performs as needed with a bit of headroom built in. Although I must say I'm watching the development of the G-Sync monitors with a little interest.

All I'm saying is our agendas differ. At the moment for gaming and PS stuff I'm just running the same CPU as you, with a GTX 780ti 32gb of 1866 ram off a 256 ssd. Everything I need to run at the quality I want to run it is butterly smooth, no hiccups or glitches. If 4K single gaming monitors and supported software becomes more reasonable in price, then I'll add whats needed once the pros and cons have been weighed up. Until then the setup I have is fine as it performs as needed with a bit of headroom built in. Although I must say I'm watching the development of the G-Sync monitors with a little interest.
What monitors are you using I do not really understand everything about them ?
I have been waiting to get a triple monitor setup and have been watching videos on linus where he installed the G-Sync to a monitor and was explaining about it ,
I was looking at only spending no more than about £1000 on 3 monitors but but I am wanting them all to be 2560x1440 i could get 3 at 1080p cheaper but I want something that will last the full warranty your machine sounds awesome I nearly bought the vKingpin TI over the weekend and was going to sell my 780 SC ,
But my motherboard supports 2 way Sli at 16x speeds which is awesome so 2 780,s superclocked should be enough power ,
After that I think the 3rd PCI-E IS 8X then 4X so the 3rd and 4th card would be running slower but have not seen many boards that support 4 way sli @16x lane speeds non I can remember anyway ,
But have always wanted a triple monitor setup , but the 4K Monitors are about £2500 each my machine only cost that much with everything watercooled ,
My GTX 780 when flashed with FTW Bios was running 322 Gb/s the Ti cards are 333Gb/s and I saw the Kingpin edition the other day running at 375Gb/s bandwidth which is insane power ,
My 780 air cooled was running at 76C in benchmark tests at max settings now watercooled I can push it twice as hard and the max temp it as ever been is 36C so less than half the heat they perform more and last twice as long watercooled its the only way to go for me + they look insane in a custom loop :thumbsup:

Just running a simple 27" 144hz Asus monitor at the moment for gaming. I also have a Wacom Cintiq graphics tablet plugged in, plus a small 23" monitor for playing music vids on etc whilst working in PS on the Cintiq.

From what I gather the G-Sync's are only going to be 1080 to start of with, but I think someone like Asus will be releasing a 1440 version around end of April....but not 100% sure.

Also I think all the card will go down to 8x if you install a third card, but again not too sure.....but seem to remember reading it somewhere.

Just running a simple 27" 144hz Asus monitor at the moment for gaming. I also have a Wacom Cintiq graphics tablet plugged in, plus a small 23" monitor for playing music vids on etc whilst working in PS on the Cintiq.

From what I gather the G-Sync's are only going to be 1080 to start of with, but I think someone like Asus will be releasing a 1440 version around end of April....but not 100% sure.

Also I think all the card will go down to 8x if you install a third card, but again not too sure.....but seem to remember reading it somewhere.
Thanks for that I will just stick to the 2 then for maximum performance there is no need in wasting money to get less power ,
I have been looking at monitors for over a couple of months but are needing 3 monitors that are sync I can not remember the full name but need them all to work on triple setup I know that all monitors do not sync then you need boxes are stuff ,
I want at least 27" triple screen but am going to get the full extended warranty for 5 years because monitors are not something I think of just upgrading ,
I am only using my 37" TV for gaming and photoshop and to be honest its crap when in CS6 The colors are terrible I have to keep adjusting the brightness when working with carbon on the models its just too dark ,
I Have been looking at Ben-q and Asus monitors but do not know which is better ?

Thanks for that I will just stick to the 2 then for mamximum performance there is no need in wasting money to get less power ,
I have been looking at monitors for over a couple of months but are needing 3 monitors that are sync I can not remember the full name but need them all to work on triple setup I know that all monitors do not sync then you need boxes are stuff ,
I want at least 27" triple screen but am going to get the full extended warranty for 5 years because monitors are not something I think of just upgrading ,
I am only using my 37" TV for gaming and photoshop and to be honest its crap when in CS6 The colors are terrible I have to keep adjusting the brightness when working with carbon on the models its just too dark ,
I Have been looking at Ben-q and Asus monitors but do not know which is better ?
in my opinion, i think you should use Asus monitor

My first fantasy helmet for F1 2013... Special thanks to Gerald Chinoy for his awesome render, to ML2166 for his 3D model and to magicaltrevor for Red Bull logos.
kckk.png

in my opinion, i think you should use Asus monitor
Hi I like the look of the ASUS Monitors but some are expensive ,
I just installed my other 780 superclocked to have Sli ,
I did not realize that Sli only supports 8x/8x I run a quick xtreme benchmark on 3DMark11 on 2 way Sli and got 10.211 and the 100th score is 10,217 so was only 6 points away from getting into the top 100 with stock settings not overclocked ,
I then run 2 F1 2013 Benchmarks and twice with V-Sinc on and off , I got less score and FPS Than running a single card , These F1 Games must not be setup for Sli , Not got a clue ? :thumbsup:

I did not realize that Sli only supports 8x/8x I run a quick xtreme benchmark on 3DMark11 on 2 way Sli and got 10.211 and the 100th score is 10,217 so was only 6 points away from getting into the top 100 with stock settings not overclocked ,
I then run 2 F1 2013 Benchmarks and twice with V-Sinc on and off , I got less score and FPS Than running a single card , These F1 Games must not be setup for Sli , Not got a clue ? :thumbsup:
SLI or Crossfire doesn't work at all well with the CM's F1 series of games. Try on something like Assetto Corsa, that seems to be a little better optimized for running Dual cards.

SLI or Crossfire doesn't work at all well with the CM's F1 series of games. Try on something like Assetto Corsa, that seems to be a little better optimized for running Dual cards.
I Thought something was wrong I am going to run Batman now that is supposed to be one of the best benchmarks to run in games ,
I do not have BF4 , But just checked on some forums with the same setup as mine and 8x/8x is correct ,
They say that the x79 platform on some MB , Supports 16/16x but I believe that x79 is 2011 socket ,
I will try AC Later but really needed to get these monitors sorted hopefully in the next month or so and a HD GoPro cam then can make some nice Live Streams :thumbsup:

You mean, the problem is the monitors or what ? (sorry, my english is not good so sometimes, i can't understand all word )

Latest News

Back