The W.I.P Thread

It's faster and cheaper. I'll post a render when the speccoc is ready. My technique is to use the speccoc as the alpha for the livery and then add a chrome texture behind the livery design.
Well good to hear that you invent new techniques but the best way is to use the grey paint as texture in keyshot and make it chrome effect and use a seperate PNG for label that includes the logos and nuts,screws. This is the technique that ML and I use. It's the best way and the result is the best too. Just an advice. It's you who decides which one you use. I just wanted to tell a better way:thumbsup:

Fisifan91 Livery mod :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/kokiko22?feature=watch
fisifan91.jpg
kptk92.jpg
f1_2013 02-02-2014 23-08-17-606.jpg
f1_2013 02-02-2014 23-08-53-725.jpg
f1_2013 02-02-2014 23-09-05-803.jpg

nice work you have made with my skin, why you don´t paint in orange the white letters in the side pod?
Hi , I never ended up downloading your skin I noticed that you had changed loads of logos ,
So I just resized ML,s 2013 model skin to 8192 and reworked the orange and letters ,
Did not take that long it took longer to render it , Going to ask ML which type of physix rendering he uses ,
I have the i7-4770k to 4.5Ghz when in CS6 , But changed the physix to the GPU to try , Can not make my mind up if its made any difference to the time side of things I was watching a film so never checked ,
But my New 780 Superclocked should be here in the morning so I will see if Sli 780,s render faster :thumbsup:

nice work you have made with my skin, why you don´t paint in orange the white letters in the side pod?
Ask ML, or w1n1x regarding keyshot issues m8 , ML May make a video on the subject if he has any spare time they both have help me understand nearly every issue I have come across , specially ML that guy is a wealth of knowledge on modding questions he knows everything :thumbsup:

Hi , I never ended up downloading your skin I noticed that you had changed loads of logos ,
So I just resized ML,s 2013 model skin to 8192 and reworked the orange and letters ,
Did not take that long it took longer to render it , Going to ask ML which type of physix rendering he uses ,
I have the i7-4770k to 4.5Ghz when in CS6 , But changed the physix to the GPU to try , Can not make my mind up if its made any difference to the time side of things I was watching a film so never checked ,
But my New 780 Superclocked should be here in the morning so I will see if Sli 780,s render faster :thumbsup:
The speed of the rendering in keyshot doesn't depend on youor GPU. I have a 4670 Radeon in my PC. Quite an old one but I spent a lot of money to tuning my car. By the cost of that I could have bought 3 or 4 monster PC. Back topic keyshot only use your CPU. So if you overclock your CPU even further it would make renders faster but not by too much. The reason I say this because Keyshot doesn't use even my old GPU's power . I didn't notice any power use difference between rendering and not rendering.

The speed of the rendering in keyshot doesn't depend on youor GPU. I have a 4670 Radeon in my PC. Quite an old one but I spent a lot of money to tuning my car. By the cost of that I could have bought 3 or 4 monster PC. Back topic keyshot only use your CPU. So if you overclock your CPU even further it would make renders faster but not by too much. The reason I say this because Keyshot doesn't use even my old GPU's power . I didn't notice any power use difference between rendering and not rendering.
I Was not sure if it made any difference I just see videos on youtube where people are running 4 way sli titans and they say that the rendering power is unreal ,
I also noticed within the nvidia control panal you can either use your CPU , Or GPU as the physix engine ,
I tried the GPU Last night but never really saw any big advantage ,
I rendered a Lotus for a youtuber , And on 2560x1440 @500 resolution on high render settings on #6 I believe it still took about 40-45 minutes to do a full render with 2 lights and with all shadows on high ,
But have just bought another 780 Superclocked to run watercooled sli ,
I will check tomorrow to see if it makes any difference but Keyshot renders different to photoshop anyway but are still not convinced either way as of yet ,
Even when running benchmark tests on 3DMark I can not see any difference which way I try the settings as long as its on performance it does not really make any changes :thumbsup:

Rendering takes a bucket load of time whatever you have running in your PC.

High end CPU and lots and lots of high end fast ram, with tight cl speeds, added with doing the render from a program and model on an ssd drive will yield the quickest renders. Throw all the GPU's you like at the render, but without highest end CPU's and RAM, it won't do you much good. GPU's are mainly used on 3d animation, even then it won't be a (game/customer) type GPU that would be used.....they are not really built with 3d animation/rendering work in mind. They simply do not carry enough onboard ram.

Rendering takes a bucket load of time whatever you have running in your PC.

High end CPU and lots and lots of high end fast ram, with tight cl speeds, added with doing the render from a program and model on an ssd drive will yield the quickest renders. Throw all the GPU's you like at the render, but without highest end CPU's and RAM, it won't do you much good. GPU's are mainly used on 3d animation, even then it won't be a (game/customer) type GPU that would be used.....they are not really built with 3d animation/rendering work in mind. They simply do not carry enough onboard ram.
I Have some ram ,
I have Corsair Dominator platinum 16gb 1866mhz XMP Profile ,
i7-4770k @4.5 - 4.9Ghz
Samsung 840EVO 250Gb SSD Drive,
Geforce GTX 780 Superclocked Sli
XSPC Raystorm cpu waterblock,
XSPC Razor GTX Titan waterblock x2
XSPC 750(V4_ Bayres pump ,
XSPC 240mm Radiator x2 with 8 Corsair SP120 Static pressure fans
Asus Z87-Pro motherboard
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit ,
So it chews through tasks , Keyshot uses mostly CPU Power to render , But photoshop uses CPU Power but a % of ram , I have my % set to 12Gb of ram , So its ok at doing renders but I find that using Raytracing settings on at least #6 on the quality gets me the best results but still takes around 40minutes to do a full Raytracing at max settings which is not too bad I suppose ,
I have not got a clue about Keyshot the only thing that I do know is that it costs a arm and a leg to buy :thumbsup:

Your CPU is fine.

The ram is a bit middle of the road, plus at 16gb....really need to be looking at 32gb to help with the speed side of things on rendering. The G.Skill 2400 TridentX Memory is more along the lines of what I was thinking about when I was suggesting higher end. The Samsung 840 is a solid ssd, but there is quicker. All in all a few £'s would need to be spent just to shave a few minutes of a render, not really worth it in my eyes.

Your CPU is fine.

The ram is a bit middle of the road, plus at 16gb....really need to be looking at 32gb to help with the speed side of things on rendering. The G.Skill 2400 TridentX Memory is more along the lines of what I was thinking about when I was suggesting higher end. The Samsung 840 is a solid ssd, but there is quicker. All in all a few £'s would need to be spent just to shave a few minutes of a render, not really worth it in my eyes.
I Have been waiting for a lga 1150 server board to come out I think the ones I have seen are 2011 not too sure ,
Was thinking about adding another 4770k and another 16gb of ram but higher frequency is better like you say about 2400mhz but its not really worth the extra money ,
I Seen some linustechtips videos regarding ram , And he is saying that anything over 16gb @1866mhz for gaming is just a waste of money as nothing utilizes more than that amount for gaming purposes , So I build my new machine around that example ,
I was running my server with 2 xeon cpu but to be honest this 4770k is massive difference for gaming it destroys them , But they was good for renders :thumbsup:

I wasn't talking about ram for gaming....the question was asked for rendering. Huge difference.

Your CPU is fine.

For the price of my Corsair platinum for about £80 more I could have bought 32gb of g-skill ram but everything I looked at does not come close to the quality that these look ,
They feel awesome as well the passmark top ram in the world corsair platinum is #2 in the world for benchmarks but is expensive at 2666mhz
http://www.memorybenchmark.net/ram.php?ram=Corsair+CMD16GX3M4A2666C10+4GB&id=406
dom_pt_x4_a.png

I wasn't talking about ram for gaming....the question was asked for rendering. Huge difference.
Yes I understand what you was talking about I just tried to make a build that catered for both platforms I could have spent the same money and probably got twice as much power but I think I Might be a bit shallow as looks to me as just as important as well :thumbsup:

When I used to do rendering on the other machine, which wasn't great, I used to get a 1920x1080 render in around 30 to 35 mins of a single F1 car. That was just using an 8 core Bulldozer with 32gb of 1866 ram and 2 x HD6950's in crossfire. But it just used to take too long, so I just let the model settle and took snapshots instead....almost same results for 2 secs processing time.

Latest News

Back