The W.I.P Thread

that good luck was sarcastic, 2012 will work, import to 2013, bit (read: a lot) harder
I already tried all that ,
I made a folder with all the 2012 "cars" and then added the 2013 classics and generics ,
The cars textures are mapped different there is something in the database that will no allow you to change the cars,
I tried to import a 2013 car to 2012 and the textures in that are also mapped different ,
The only way that this is possible is to open the 2012 mclaren and 2013 mclaren , PSSG HighLod files and compare the entire thing side by side util you find the one setting , Good luck with that :thumbsup:
I have already converted the 2013 redbull to the forceindia , And yes the model is different but at least the livery will be correct ,,,,,

I'm working on Force India VJM07, based on 2012 McLaren model. ;):cool:
Official images:
Nuova-Force-India-2014.jpg
Force-India-VJM07-preview-02.jpg
The 2012 model will only work on 2012 , Not 2013 the maps are somehow inverted inside the High and LowLOD PSSG Files ,
So you will have to open them side by side and check the differences , Last time I was in a PSSG File that deep I was there for about 150 hours of 2 weeks good luck :thumbsup:

The 2012 model will only work on 2012 , Not 2013 the maps are somehow inverted inside the High and LowLOD PSSG Files ,
So you will have to open them side by side and check the differences , Last time I was in a PSSG File that deep I was there for about 150 hours of 2 weeks good luck :thumbsup:
Better wait for F1 2014 Right?...
Or maybe for F1 2012.....

The UV mapping is set up differently for the 2013 game without the intention of stating the obvious. The mapping is set to place textures in certain places on the model. It is very easy to set the models up with no mirroring, texture wise by just re-doing the UV map in 3DS max, but until it is possible to re-import the model with new UV maps, it would and is pointless. In short, whether you take a 2012 model and put it into the 2013 game or visa versa....the textures will always be wrong in which ever way you choose to go.

The UV mapping is set up differently for the 2013 game without the intention of stating the obvious. The mapping is set to place textures in certain places on the model. It is very easy to set the models up with no mirroring, texture wise by just re-doing the UV map in 3DS max, but until it is possible to re-import the model with new UV maps, it would and is pointless. In short, whether you take a 2012 model and put it into the 2013 game or visa versa....the textures will always be wrong in which ever way you choose to go.
Only way to do it , his to just convert cars that are already in the game ,
I could try and find the settings inside the PSSG , But unless you get lucky in the first 2 hours you could be there for day,s and after the ferrari I converted I do not never want to go back to that dark place again ,
Unless we can import the files back to the game , Just like you said :thumbsup:

This game is mirrored too much ,
This is my 4th attempt today at the Force India and have tried 2012 and 13 cars on every way possible ,
I finally thought I was getting somewhere with the Redbull ,
But obviously not , I have lost interest again now , Ill wait for another car to come out ,
I would spend the time and work out the difference between the 2 games but I was not going to upload here anyway ,,,,

formula1-logo.png
-------------------- F1 2014 mod by Pochochu --------------------

By having this type of textures in f1 2013, I decided to make the mod for F1 2012.

IF ANY MODDER WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROJECT, PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE PARTS OF EXPLAINING WHAT TO MOD MENTIONED BELLOW DO HE/SHE LIKE.
The mod consist of 4 parts:

---------
---------1st part------------------
Base mod.
- DATABASE WITH 2014 stats.
- Language files (currently English & Spanish) .
- Frontend files.

---------
---------2nd part------------------
Cars mod.
- All textures updated to 2014 Jerez tests.
- 2014 textures in 3d models.

---------
---------3rd part------------------
Suits, helmets, wheels, garages, etc..
- All suits updated acording to 2014 season.
- All helmets of the drivers of 2014 season.

---------
---------4th part------------------
Tracks mod (mod cooming after all).
- Real / fantasy updates of the sponsors in all tracks.
- Replace with Sochi Valencia & Korea with Austria.

Release Date: Not very Soon:unsure:
As they do they will progress hanging in the post:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f1-2014-mod-by-pochochu.81130/

formula1-logo.png

By having this type of textures in f1 2013, I decided to make the mod for F1 2012.

IF ANY MODDER WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROJECT, PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE PARTS OF EXPLAINING WHAT TO MOD MENTIONED BELLOW DO HE/SHE LIKE.

---------
Base mod.
- Frontend files.

---------
Cars mod.

---------

---------

I got my request taken down that was the same as this by the staff I think they placed it in mod Requests,
Not too sure I have not looked at it since :thumbsup:

---------
Base mod.
- Frontend files.

---------
Cars mod.

---------

---------

If you're making this for the 2012 game, why have you posted it in the 2013 section? You are in completely the wrong section. This needs to go into the 2012 section.

If you're making this for the 2012 game, why have you posted it in the 2013 section? You are in completely the wrong section. This needs to go into the 2012 section.
I Have figured out why the car loads the different textures from the highlod pssg
Untitled-2.jpg

Within the 2013 database there will be instruction to the order of the render_materials ,
I First initially thought that just changing the High & Low Lods along with the render_materials
Would have done the trick , but this was not the case at all ,
In the past I have had issues with the render_materials with the game crashing , So I changed the instruction from the 2012 render_materials to the 2013 file and the game loaded ok , but still no change in the livery ,

So I then decided to closely inspect the LODS And found the reason of the issues ,
The 2012 car is loading the bodydecal2side lod and the 2013 car is loading the generic_main textures,
So I tried deleting the bodydecal23side still with no effects ,
Then I thought of another way around it ,
I thought that what is stopping me swapping the UVW Maps around from the body textures ,
Meaning the main_body decal2side , damage_decals ,
But the game crashed but I was only able to extract the attributes , and not had chance to extract the node data as of yet ,
RYDER25 Gave me an experimental PSSG Editor a while back what as still not been released ,
I Am going to try and find it within my emails and go on full attack ,
Recon now that I can extract and import the UVW Mapping from all 2012 cars to 2013 cars ,
Some models have slightly been altered but this would not effect the mapping on small changes as from experience in 3dmax with uvw,s slight changes without doing a full uvw unrapping from scratch only changes the new parts to the same color on surrounding areas , :thumbsup:

I just found the emails from petar I have downloaded the PSSG 3D Model viewer but ,
the pssg editor links are dead I will have to try and get them again :(

We will have to wait for the Xbox One devkit to be released in a couple of months to reimport the PSSG Files without it corrupting the file :thumbsup:

Latest News

Back