Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Edit: got a reply in Discord.
It was a lead screw that wasn't tightened in the actuator. The rod was slipping and thus it was stuck in calibration mode. Tightening the screw fixed the axis detection issue.

Hi guys, really need help. I've got a Thanos 4U board and can't get it to work.

The jog test completes fine on the actuators, but when I plug in the board (I've flashed the latest firmware), one of the servo drivers starts showing numbers, while the others stay at 0. It's not like that when not plugged into the Thanos.

Then, when I try to calibrate the axes in SimHub, one of the following things happen, depending on which slots I plug in the cables into the Thanos:
  • three axes work fine, but one has a huge deadzone all of a sudden (doesnt go down and goes up after a while; it's not like that via jog test)
  • all axes are somehow bound only to one actuator (i.e. axis 1, 2 etc all turn on 1 actuator)
  • no axis are detected at all
The settings on the servo drivers were set up using the Thanos guidelines. At a loss what to do now.

Last edited:
So, I often get asked how the e-stop button box work on the Thanos controllers, more over if activating it will drop the rig unpowered.

Well, see this video, where I show the functionality of the new F-Stop button box, soon to be available:

Is this a 4U that will support Simhub motion? I note current 4U in black housing with eracing logo.
Untitled.jpg

yes, it private seller advertised with actuator kit on fb group in Australia, seller informs me they purchased 2nd hand, but never used it.

Ask vive users... all servomotors no matter the brand, emit EMI if not properly shielded or filtered, and ground loops make it amplify like an antenna... Separate filtering for each servo means less changes of combined harmonics to harm devices that are sensitive to RFI or EMI noise.
Do you still feel this way as you said the PDU Elab uses is all you need to stop the emi but that is one not every drive individually?

Do you still feel this way as you said the PDU Elab uses is all you need to stop the emi but that is one not every drive individually?

Using line filter on each drive individually, might be overkill.

The line filter is mostly to act as a firewall between the servo drives switching loads and creating EMI and RFI, from being transmitted back through the power line to the sensitive computer equipment you use on your simulator rig.

But you also have to consider that all actuators and sensitive computer peripherals also make contact via your metal rig, in which case mitigation of ground loops is also a must.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back